Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 04:02 PM
malanaria
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up My favorite server ever.

http://leetsauceforums.proboards.com/

Leetsauce productions. It is a preferred server with the best (as I have seen and I have played dozens of servers on emu) player base I have seen. It is a plat based economy where plat means something. You can buy gear in the bazaar (from merchants) that will get you pretty far. And there are merchants that sell gear else wear that sell top end gear. Some of the best stuff is drops, but some of the best is from merchants.

So here is the gist:

Custom augments ( no one else has this). You can literally make an augment out of any item. You chose the aug slot it goes into (item slot is determined by the item, IE weapons go in weapons, and yes, weapon damage is kept on the augs and added to your weapon). All stats are transferred over as well as effects (no clickys, augs dont have clickys). These cost you the item you want to make into an augment, and PP.

Custom Ornaments. This currently only applies to primary and secondary slot items at the moment. Same rules as custom augs, stats, procs, damage gets transferred over, BUT you also get the graphic.

Rebirth. Tired of being one class? Change classes! There is a quest that allows you to change classes, and when you do, you get to keep passave aa, AND you get a charm that casts a perma buff that is super badass. For instance, the Wizard perma buff gives double base spell damage. The enchanter buff gives a mana int buff, mana reiteration (casts another nuke when you cast a nuke) and super awsome haste. The Shaman buff gives tons of stats and HP, above stat caps. The idea here is that you can build upon your character further than just one class.

Hardcore versions of old zones (with improved loot). Such as crushbone, TOV, Sebilis, Unrest, Cazic thule, just to name a few.

Progression: Progress through several expansions, all the way up to underfoot!

Custom quest rewards. There are custom rewards for doing some of the old quests, like the BFG, or and of the velious keys. Even the epic 1.0 has a custom reward. It is your 4.0 epic! The 1.5-3.0 epic can be purchased from various merchants as you progress through expansions. There is also a ubor version of the UF shawl quest that can be attained. Lots of work, but worth it.

Mq2 is allowed. Warping, speed hax, macros are all ok. Also #peqzone *** works here as well. I friggin hate running around from zone to zone.

Boxing is allowed, but once you get some custom augs it is not really needed. Most content is tuned for a small group at most.

Race, and deity change. Want to be a high elf sk? A Gnome bard? Done.

Soon™ to come: Nimbus! Who doenst love nimbus! Also custom pets are on the horizon.

So, if you want something different, and not boring, and l33t. Check out leetsauce productions, you will not regret it.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Thugrok
Fire Beetle

The level cap was recently raised to 85 as well, there are custom aa's and custom spells. The developer here puts a ton of work into having cutting edge content, if you are looking for something or looking for something new, check this server out, you can literally have as much or as little fun as you chose to have.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Hey guys, let me give you some fatherly advice, and before you say anything, yes I really am old enough. You can take it or leave it.

I see two messages from accounts that are about a month old, having posted 3 messages each. Want to guess what all of the messages from both of you were about? Yup, this server you are trying to promote. Six freaking messages!

In my opinion, this is the EQEmulator equivalent of a "Nigerian Prince". Most likely staff from the server who have gotten new accounts simply to promote the server. I don't think you are fooling anyone, and at least in my case you do yourself more harm than good. I don't care how great the server is, if they have to resort to this kind of desperate act to get players I am not interested. Your server is forever tainted in my eyes because of this.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:55 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

i thought the same exact thing when i first saw this...
Old 05-23-2015, 03:08 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I thought the same, I was not going there though.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:54 PM
sculler
Sarnak

How petty to complain about this Scorpius, and the two others who run their own servers.

You are doing the community no good by stating your opinion in this manner. I know for a fact Thugrok is an actual player on Leetsauce - not sure about the other.

But what does it really matter? What are you trying to gain from posting what you did? What good does it do?
Old 05-23-2015, 05:57 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Not a damn thing, just an observation.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculler View Post
How petty to complain about this Scorpius, and the two others who run their own servers.
Petty? Because you disagree? It was advice from someone who has been doing the server thing and the development thing for a LOOOOONG time. And I believe I said somewhere that THEY can " take it or leave it"

I don't recall addressing you at all. Someone might say you were being petty jumping in. I won't. Someone might accuse you of being one of the two I wrote to. I won't.

You see, I don't care.

Quote:
You are doing the community no good by stating your opinion in this manner. I know for a fact Thugrok is an actual player on Leetsauce - not sure about the other.
A desperate attempt to bring some justification to your attack.

As for Thugrok, I'm not here to attack him. THAT would be petty. I just don't care.

Quote:
But what does it really matter? What are you trying to gain from posting what you did? What good does it do?
It doesn't matter. It was advice. I keep saying I don't care. I really don't. And that doesn't matter. What should is the fact that I am not the only one who doesn't care. For every person they potentally get to try the server, another 10 get turned off by it, and some of them will never try the server EVER. All because of this kind of stunt.

If the point is to get new players, this fails. Period.

I won't continue this discussion. I gave my advice and explained it. They can take it or leave it. I don't care.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
In my opinion, this is the EQEmulator equivalent of a "Nigerian Prince". Most likely staff from the server who have gotten new accounts simply to promote the server. I don't think you are fooling anyone, and at least in my case you do yourself more harm than good. I don't care how great the server is, if they have to resort to this kind of desperate act to get players I am not interested. Your server is forever tainted in my eyes because of this.

Just my opinion.

In what way is a player having enough fun to make a post about a server the equivalent to the well-known "Nigerian Prince" scam? Why are you posting something like this instead of being happy that people within OUR community enjoy themselves enough to post good things about a server on which they have played?

We are all on the same team, and I think not enough people realize this. You should know better than veiling an implication that I am creating new accounts to self-promote(who has time for this?), especially since the IP's of posters can be confirmed by administrators. Posting this makes us all look like assholes instead of people who care about a game enough to put hours and hours of work into it to share with other people. If someone from outside the community were to read this single post, I'd wager that they would turn around and find a different game to play. You should think about your mudslinging's impact on the community before you hit the submit button.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:57 PM
malanaria
Fire Beetle

Think what you wish man. We are different people. The devs on leetsauce don't promote, because it looks like self promotion, which is bad. I promote because I like this server.

It should be fairly easy to tell by the way we type and words we use we are different people.

Your accusations are both wrong, and unnecessary. If you wish to come check it out, check it out. Otherwise please keep your opinions to yourself. Thanks.

My name on leetsauce is Robert by the way.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:06 PM
Thugrok
Fire Beetle

The inflammatory unfounded accusations of self-proclaimed mature simpleton whom claims to not care enough to reply twice are as believable as they sound. Shame on two devs that agreed with this in a public forum. You guys are despicable. I have fun playing on an emu server that is not developed by one of you and gave an unsolicited comment about it, jealous much? Wonder why I had 3 posts on these boards before today? You guys are as welcoming as the plague. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:39 PM
sculler
Sarnak

Yeah he keeps repeating over and over that he doesn't care yet he cared enough to reply in the first place with his 'sage' advice, then attempted to pick apart my post and failed miserably.

Get over yourself, man.

The only reason someone might be turned off to this server now is because of the negativity you brought to the thread.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:52 PM
Shendare
Dragon

My 2cp:

It's advertising. It's being done by a player, so it's a testimonial, the nicest kind of advertising.

Some people are simply overly sensitive to any form of advertising, and are highly cynical about it, after a lifetime of annoying dishonest advertising being thrown at them from the popular media. Thus the popularity of ad-free options such as Netflix, DVRs, mp3s, etc.

I don't fault one person for telling people how they feel about a server they love, and I don't fault another for feeling cynical about what they perceive as a commercial.

I also don't see the two devs who are posting as being people who are saying "I am a dev therefore you must listen to me", either. They just stated their opinions on it. They don't have a non-dev account for posting personal thoughts under to keep them separate from dev-related posts.

*shrug* Just an outsider, dropping yet another opinion. They're like assholes, ya know.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:16 PM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculler View Post
The only reason someone might be turned off to this server now is because of the negativity you brought to the thread.
Leet doesn't need any help running people off with negativity, he does a good enough job of that himself. The mere fact that he's stooped to shilling speaks volumes in and of itself.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Thugrok
Fire Beetle

LOL lupisnoctum you illiterate dolt, Leet did not shill, if you cannot prove it then shut your pie hole. You said its a fact I would like to see your proof. I can prove the opposite that you are a liar and guilty of libel. Now this is getting out of hand. Have fun being immature on these boards, this is the last time I am going to post here.
Closed Thread