Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Oxanna
Fire Beetle

Default "legit" servers

Why the hell is everyone making extremely legit servers that absolutely no one wants to play? Whats the point in playing if you cant test things you wouldnt normally be able to!?
*Angery face!*
Old 10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Old 10-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Oxanna
Fire Beetle

Default =0

Thank you mr. world builder!, ill do just that!
Old 10-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Tzwizard
Sarnak

Really...... Its all bout the Staff & how the server runs...

It also depends on the connection , & The Creation of the server. To me, its how the staff or ServerOP, knows what there doing, can do the things Right & make it look good..

For Example:

Winters Roar was one of the first server for Emulator, but , it was also greatly developed & hosted that people want to come back & play it... Still Winters Roar rocks...

Mainly to summarize things up, Its all about what the Staff comes up with & if the ServerOP agress or disagrees with the ideas..
& if the staff is actually serious & is willing to put maybe a couple of hours or so a every 1-2 days to improve the server...

If you can get those requirements into a server & Be kind & stuff to people, your reputation around EqEmulator will greatly improve to were people from other servers might want to check out your server...

Also, Extreme Legit servers, if there intresting & Stuff , are fun...

Extreme Legit servers that arent intresting & Stuff, are
Quote:
"Boring as wetpaint drip- Sotonin
So to summarize things up, its all about the staff, Server-host, & How your server is set up to were people want to come back.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:52 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

I beleive my actual quote was

Quote:
it's fun like watching paint dry
Old 10-06-2004, 03:32 PM
troutman
Fire Beetle

My favorite servers are the semi-legit.....where items and xp is easy to get. You have to actually play to get stuff, but can't summon items that an end-game player would have on a live server. Fun and interesting that way.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:39 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Quote:
Why the hell is everyone making extremely legit servers that absolutely no one wants to play? Whats the point in playing if you cant test things you wouldnt normally be able to!?
*Angery face!*
Why the hell don't you make your own server with the rules you want? What's the point in this worthless thread?

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:25 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Why the hell is everyone making extremely legit servers that absolutely no one wants to play?
Speak for yourself, Since i have been here the most popular servers has ALWAYS been legit, the only semi legit server to stay popular more then a week was Krushers, so the statistics sho more people want legit
Old 10-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Noone wants to play WR? Oh snap, that's news to me. :lol:
Old 10-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Cutter
Sarnak

everyone has a preference, and everyone has opinions.. some like it easy.. some like it rough umm

back on topic..

the reason i created my own server was because of t he statement tcs made.. that was said to me specifically.. dont like it here on WR go make your own damn server.. see how easy it is..

well i did.. pulled out the ole credit card.. got me a box.. connection and you know what.. ITS HARD AS HELL.. and fun, and chanelleging.. and well im having a good time with it.. so there..

anyways.. dont come on forums and complain whats out there or get mad cause people have legit or semi legit servers.. there are many servers out there with different styles... just look around geesh.. dont bash others people servers just because they dont suit you. and in the end.. if you still cant find one that you like then pull out your credit card and create your own to your liking.. and have someone from the forums tell you what you are doing wrong *grin*
Old 10-08-2004, 03:57 PM
maveren
Sarnak

I give this tread a big "PFFFFT"
Old 10-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

I would have to agree, I give this thread a big fat "Pfffft" as well. I'm glad people around here even know what "pfffft" means. But how many f's should I assign to it, or is that the "feeling" part, if it's an angry "pffft" maybe more f's?