Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:13 PM
cubber
Discordant

Default EQOffline:BotCount issue I think

I just compiled and installed SVN rev 270 and peq 265

I did the necessary bot updates from utils/sql/svn and added the

EQOffline:BotCount rule to my rules_values table with a id of 1 and a setting of 5. So it is set up in my default ruleset.

However when I go to spawn and add bots to my group in game I can spawn and group 1 bot, but when I spawn another bot and try to add it I get a message that my group is full.

I tried to set the rule setting to 1 to see if it was backwards and had the same issue. I then disabled the rule all together and had the same issue. So currently I am only able to add a single bot to my group no matter what I set that at or even it it is in the rule_values table or not.

Did I miss a db entry or a compile option?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
I just compiled and installed SVN rev 270 and peq 265

I did the necessary bot updates from utils/sql/svn and added the

EQOffline:BotCount rule to my rules_values table with a id of 1 and a setting of 5. So it is set up in my default ruleset.

However when I go to spawn and add bots to my group in game I can spawn and group 1 bot, but when I spawn another bot and try to add it I get a message that my group is full.

I tried to set the rule setting to 1 to see if it was backwards and had the same issue. I then disabled the rule all together and had the same issue. So currently I am only able to add a single bot to my group no matter what I set that at or even it it is in the rule_values table or not.

Did I miss a db entry or a compile option?
I would just like to point out that if you do not add the Preprocessor Definitions EQBOTS to world you will have problems. By default it is added to Zone only and not world.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
cubber
Discordant

When you say that I take it you mean the -DEQBOTS flag?

I never add -DEQBOTS to world only to zone/makefile and then the updates to zone/makefile.common

I have never had an issue up until now, and this seems to deal exclusivly with the new EQOffline:BotCount rule.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
When you say that I take it you mean the -DEQBOTS flag?

I never add -DEQBOTS to world only to zone/makefile and then the updates to zone/makefile.common

I have never had an issue up until now, and this seems to deal exclusivly with the new EQOffline:BotCount rule.
For the Rules to work properly you will need to add to world also, or in my case i needed too! So I thought i would just toss the idea out there in case that was what you are seeing, since i did that the rules work perfect.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
cubber
Discordant

Ahh ok thank you I will give it a shot. So just add -DEQBOTS to the world makefile like I do with zone?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Ahh ok thank you I will give it a shot. So just add -DEQBOTS to the world makefile like I do with zone?
That should do the trick.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:00 PM
cubber
Discordant

I recompiled world with

-DEQBOTS added to the world/makefile at the end of the DFLAGS= line.

and it did not fix the issue.

I don't need to add anything to world/makefile.common right?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
AX Classic is id of 0, maybe it's id of 0?

EDIT;
Just got home and looked, I think your ruleset_id needs to be set to 0

Last edited by Angelox; 01-14-2009 at 03:16 AM..
Old 01-13-2009, 07:33 PM
cubber
Discordant

Nope ruleset in PEQ is defaulted to 1, all my other rules use 1 for an ID. The way I disabled it to test was to set the 1 to a 0 so that it was not in my default ruleset.

here is a copy of my ruleset_id table from phpmyadmin:
Code:
ruleset_id 	name
1 	default
Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

If anything, it should fall back to 5, as the default is 5 - I tested this under windows and Linux, I even just disabled the rule, and it still defaults to 5.
"Group is full' is the wrong message - it should say "There is no more room in your group."?

I still have 266, haven't had a chance to put 270 in, but I don't see where that would change anything
Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 AM
cubber
Discordant

Yah the correct message is "There is no more room in your group."

No matter what I do I can only group one bot. I can spawn all the bots I want but whenever I try to add another one beyond the first I get that message and the bot is killed.

here is my setting currently: (phpmyadmin copy)

Code:
1  	EQOffline:BotCount  	5
and here are some other rules so you can see how they are set up:

Code:
1  	Mail:ExpireTrash  	0
1 	Mail:ExpireRead 	31536000
1 	Mail:ExpireUnread 	31536000
1 	Channels:RequiredStatusAdmin 	251
1 	Channels:RequiredStatusListAll 	251
1 	Channels:DeleteTimer 	1440
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I tried 270 out and it works fine too - what are you using for compile? windows or Linix? and if windows , what version VC?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:36 AM
cubber
Discordant

I don't own a windows box, all linux here. I will try pulling down clean sources and recompiling. I did a make clean before recompiling this version. Then when I found I should recompile world with -DEQBOTS in the makefile I just did a make clean in the world directory and recompiled that. Then copied world to my server directory.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 AM
cubber
Discordant

I just re-ran make clean on my svn sources then did a make and rebuilt everything. This did the trick. Seems you can't just change something in the world makefile and remake just world, need to do it all.

So problem was between the seat and keyboard sorry guys!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Derision
Developer

It's not actually your fault, it is a problem with the makefiles.

Both the makefile.common for world and zone specify ../common/rulesys.o in the SF= line.

../common/rulesys.o gets compiled for world first, then, when zone gets compiled, it sees that ../common/rulesys.o is newer than ../common/rulesys.cpp and so it knows it doesn't need to recompile it.

Normally, this is not a problem, however in the case of code bracketed in #ifdef/#endif, where different defines are used between world and zone, it causes problems.

Instead of ../common/rulesys.o, the world and zone makefile.common should specify .obj/rulesys.o

This tells the makefile to compile it's own private version using it's own set of -D flags.

I'll update the makefiles.

The EQOffline:BotCount rule should really be a RULE_INT (integer) rather than a RULE_REAL (floating point).