Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Congdar
Developer

i tried the levels where the mage goes from zero then one then two then three then four and then five available pets. they all worked fine for me. It might be you found a bug in the sql that i'll have to look for past level 30 (where they get their fifth pet).
Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I also tried air five times in a row, got water every single time.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Congdar
Developer

must be a spell out of alignment somewhere after level 30. i'll find it
Old 05-28-2009, 03:42 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Originally where I had deleted the 58-63 monster, earth and fire pets.....that has now been replaced when I sourced in that SQL so that should not be a factor correct ?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:56 PM
provocating
Demi-God

It could be on my part, a really stupid thing on my part. I will report back in 10 minutes. I would not worry about it till then.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Okay now that my retarded moment is out of the way. I blame it on lack of caffeine.

Monster = perfect
Earth = perfect
air = fire
fire = water
water = air

This is after the latest svn and sourcing the npc spells back in. I tried each pet 4 times to be sure.

Do no ask what I was doing before, it was a blond moment.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:15 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:18 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Okay fine.

While messing with the instance database earlier in the week I copied my EqEmulator virtual machine within ESXi to another copy, ran that copy with a different IP address, you know for test. My Heidi was still connected to that database, I did not notice since the address was just one number off. So essentially every SQL update I ran for the past 30 minutes was on that test database.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:25 PM
gaeorn
Developer

I've had times like that... "dammit, why is it still saying I haven't made those changes I just did..."

About the worst thing I did was one time doing a disk to disk backup and did the minor mistake of copying the backup on top of the original... right after having wiped clean the backup. I was proud of myself that day, I'll tell ya!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:34 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I have always been overly cautious of copying backups or clients backups. I think it is part of my OCPD personality. I remember back when I used to do people upgrades using laplink. With laplink 3 you basically had the source on one side, the destination on the other. It was not overly obvious which was which. One of the guys I worked with copied a machine the wrong way, the big deal was it was an accountants laptop. You know one the the suitcase sized Compaq laptops, the kind where the keyboard snapped into the side of it. Well that just proved to me it was easy to do and working with someone else's data is begging lawsuit when you screw it up. I am vigilant on backups now, even my EqEmulator virtual machine gets a complete backup 7 days a week and another archive in a different place in case that machine catches fire or something crazy. I am not talking about the directory but the entire virtual machine.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:06 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Yeah, I have nightly backups for my servers as well. And I also work with customer's data so I am also very careful. The one time I did that, it was with my own data after entirely too little sleep, and it was a long time ago (> 20 years). Experience is what causes one to double and triple check things before letting it fly...
Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yeah but you try to tell these young whippersnappers that.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Congdar
Developer

ok, i think i've got it working correctly now. you'll need svn r591 and my latest Bot Spell Lists sourced in.