Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Default Official Community BETA of the EQEmu Server Bots Begins Today!

I am pleased to announce that the community beta of the EQEmu Server Bots is ready for QA testing and begins today. This means that this code base that is going to replace what has been refereed to as “EQOffline” in about 7 days and before this happens, this beta period is the communities opportunity to try out this code and post issues that need to be addressed. Even if you do not use bots at all, you will want to download this code and try it as a lot of code was re-factored that could possibly impact that standard code, though I know of no issues right now nor do I expect any.

You can read more about the beta period and what to expect, here: http://wildcardx.blogspot.com/2009/0...mu-server.html

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

This is from the current Build

In tutorialb not grouped with bots I con the guards and they con amiably, I group up with bots they still con amiably but now they will attack on site, this only started to happen from today's commits. I have tested 3 times same results all 3 times, as long as I'm not group I can walk right up to them.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Can you provide any additional details? I tried to repeat this on my server but the guards don't attack me no matter if i am grouped with bots or not.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

I'm really not sure what i can add to this......
EQEmu R850
PEQ DB 781
NON-GM account

Toon is level 8 I walk between the first 2 guards and nothing as normal, I group with a bot and do the same thing I'm Dead man walking...this happens every single time. I just tested with all quest givers and guards in Tutorialb and if you have a bot in group you are dead.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Maybe the name/NPCID of the guards, and the race of your character and the race of your bots would help? Though, I don't think any guards are supposed to be KoS to any races in Tutorialb.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Maybe the name/NPCID of the guards, and the race of your character and the race of your bots would help? Though, I don't think any guards are supposed to be KoS to any races in Tutorialb.
Well I believe the Factions have nothing to do with it since they con amiably before I group and after I group, The con never changes just their attitudes

ALL Guards in tutb
Human Bot Cleric
Human pally ME
Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Well trevius was on to something IT was my HE pally that was killed by every guard and My Human pally is just fine.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Does this happen with any guards in any of the other starting cities, like Qeynos, Felwithea, etc?

Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcardX View Post
Does this happen with any guards in any of the other starting cities, like Qeynos, Felwithea, etc?
It appears to be only tutorialb :( I have checked a handful of the others and its just fine.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Hmmm.. this sounds like an awfully uber specific bug

I'll try to recreate it on my dev server, though just to be diligent.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 04:23 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Is anyone able to reproduce this bug? I can't. I made a human male pally with a human female cleric and neither Guard Maddoc or Guard Hobart would attack me, grouped with the bot or not. Btw, both con indifferent to me on my dev server (using the latest PEQ world database as of today July 30). Are there different guards I should try?

Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslamarch View Post
Well trevius was on to something IT was my HE pally that was killed by every guard and My Human pally is just fine.
It was a High Elf Pally That had the problem and the Human pally was fine, sorry for the wrong info
Old 07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I made a high elf male pally with a human cleric bot and no guards attacked me in or out of a croup with my bot. Until someone else can replicate this bug I am going to assume it is some sort of config error or something.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Taurinus
Hill Giant

Exclamation

WildcardX,

I have found a few rather nasty bugs.

When raiding Crushbone for a dragoon dirk, my bot group encountered the Fabled Ambassador DVinn. The fight of course happened on the spot where DVinn spawns. In order to position my cleric, druid, and enchanter bots to give them better LOS to DVinn I used #bot group summon. The first bug I encountered is that immediately upon the enchanter being summoned to my position, his pet immediately went crazy and basically killed DVinn in a matter of a couple of seconds. It performed about 50 melee rounds uninterrupted as though it were super-hasted.

The second bug is that the kill yielded no EXP and DVinn poofed.

The third bug is that #bot group summon appears to be able to instantly crash the entire zone. It does not always happen, but it is often.

Details:

Latest build from SVN as of this posting with latest PEQ database as of this posting (modded with Bots.sql from the same SVN update).

Thanks for all your hard work, and keep it up!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:17 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I haven't been able to recreate any of these issues. Can anyone else replicate these bugs?

Quote: