Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Aisling View Post
I removed the need for reagents from some spells, including summon corpse. Would that have any effect on the bot's use of that spell?
probably not, but you could put the reagent back in and see if it makes a difference
Old 03-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Eva Aisling
Sarnak

Nope. Did not make a difference. I even created a new database and sourced in a fresh compilation and it still doesn't work for me. Odd.

Oh well. Thanks for trying to help, guys!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Compiling is different than sourcing in a database. Did you compile using visual studio (or make for linux) then run the new executables?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Eva Aisling
Sarnak

I used visual C++ express edition to compile and used the guide here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008.
Then I created a new database in mysql and sourced in the files according to instruction here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ
Then I sourced in the updated files in the sql > svn folder. (1280_bot_augs and 1290_optional_exp_loss_rule)

I don't know what compiling does in depth. I just followed that guide. I think it translates the source code into a code useable by mysql and updates the files you include in the compilation so that you may source the new information into mysql. Does it update your database in mysql automatically? Or are you still supposed to source in the updated files after compiling? Because I still sourced in the updated files after compiling.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Dunmord
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Aisling View Post
I don't know what compiling does in depth. I just followed that guide. I think it translates the source code into a code useable by mysql and updates the files you include in the compilation so that you may source the new information into mysql. Does it update your database in mysql automatically? Or are you still supposed to source in the updated files after compiling? Because I still sourced in the updated files after compiling.
The basic idea is:

To compile is to translate a human-readable language(C/C++ in this case) into a machine-readable language (computers do not understand anything but 0s and 1s).

MySQL is nothing but a huge structure with allot of data in it. It does the organizing for you and helps you read/modify data with the MySQL "commands".

C/C++ uses a "connector" to obtain the data from MySQL and do whatever it wants with it.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Eva Aisling
Sarnak

When I made a test database, I noticed that the spell effect of my necro bot was different. On my test server, black particles come off the necro's hands while trying to summon my corpse. On my original server, white particles rise from the necro bot's hands. The spell effects are totally different.

My original server was made using the pre-compiled source from projecteq. My test server was made after compiling my own source.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
ArkR
Fire Beetle

I compiled todays source and my 52 Necro bot doesn't sucessfully corpse summon me in Cazic Thule. It's unclear to me if regent is supposed to be required? He sits down every time I ask for him to cast it though it gives casting spell message.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Congdar
Developer

using 1309 i set myself to 52 and ran as far into cazic thule i could get and died. zoned to entrance of cazic thule and summoned my necro and #bot corpse summon worked. All I can think is that maybe your necro is out of mana. try #bot mana
Old 03-28-2010, 05:11 PM
ArkR
Fire Beetle

Odd, I'm now using http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/f...v1316-Bots.rar. Level 58 SK now, just tried again in Chardok B, my necro is at full mana and casts spell but corpse never gets summoned. I can summon my own corpse no problem. Is there a regent check on spell he is failing? Something in our databases different?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Congdar
Developer

no reagent check for bot spells, not sure why you are having this issue.

EDIT:
i did get it to "work" or not work as it were. anyway... if i have GM Invulnerability turned on then the corpse doesn't get summoned. Turned it off and my corpse gets summoned. If you have invul on then that's it. There may be another GM setting that also causes the corpse to not get summoned so turn off GM defenses and get your corpse summoned.

Last edited by Congdar; 03-28-2010 at 06:28 PM..