Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2021, 10:15 PM
ahamilton634's Avatar
ahamilton634
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 16
Default LUA Scripts aren't running.

I ran the installer and PERL installed just fine and is working beautifully, but LUA scripts don't appear to be working. Do I need to install LUA as well? It said it was included in the installer, but it doesn't appear to be running.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2021, 08:49 PM
ahamilton634's Avatar
ahamilton634
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 16
Default

Tried installing LUA from the Microsoft Store but no change. Kind of stumped here. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2021, 09:06 PM
Huppy
Demi-God
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,098
Default

Have you got an lua_modules folder in your server folder ? and is there anything in it ?
If not, there is a folder of that name in the quests folder, not sure if that is the issue, but it's one step to check.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2021, 03:27 AM
ahamilton634's Avatar
ahamilton634
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 16
Default

Thanks for the response!
Yeah, the lua modules folder in present in the server folder and it does have several lua files in it.
I'm kinda bummed because if I can't get LUA quests working, a vast majority of quests on my server won't work.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Today, 04:26 AM
ahamilton634's Avatar
ahamilton634
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 16
Default

I fixed it!
What I did was I exported my database to .sql (not necessary if you plan to start from scratch), backed up all of my custom quests, deleted the "lua_modules" and "quests" folder and then reran the installer.
It replaced the quests/lua_modules folders and now the lua quests are working.
It also reset my database, but since I had exported it to sql, I just imported it back in. I also replaced all my custom quests.

I guess it installed wrong the first time, or maybe I messed something up on accident. Either way, I got it fixed and thanks @Huppy for pointing me in the right direction.

I wanted to leave the fix here on the forums just in case anyone else had this problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.


 

Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
EQEmulator is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Except where otherwise noted, this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
       
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template by Bluepearl Design and vBulletin Templates - Ver3.3