Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2019, 11:18 PM
dclarkpf
Fire Beetle

Default Player Control?

When I used to play live, or a while back when I had a eqemu server.. I'd run a couple of accounts with a couple of mercs each.

My problem is that merc's kind of suck. They are way more twinked than a player character, and end up just slaughtering everything basically making the game way to easy. Another problem is that you can't control their gear. You level with them, but you can't really play your merc. They aren't really "your" character. I like to have several characters, so I can readily fill a group quickly. And I usually like to have several chars of about the same level.

I've never really tried out bots. I guess I'd just rather fill a group with players I'd like to actually play.

I'm sorry, I know I'm rather long winded. Playing more than two characters becomes a pain in the butt, because switching between two windows takes too long.. Switch to the mage to nuke once, and then switch back to the chanter.. or whatever. It's a huge pita.

So.. I've been working on controlling other characters using tells. Basically...
/t Bob docommand stand
/t Bob docommand cast 1 Fred
/t Bob docommand sit

I've got those working at the moment.. I'm going to go on to add follow, assist, pet commands, disc, taunt, so on and so forth.

Anyways, I just wondered if anyone else thought this was a decent idea, or if it was just me?