Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Psepheryx
Fire Beetle

Default Uthra Progression Server

I figured I'd post about the mystery server hiding way down at the bottom that is locked, called Uthra-

First and foremost, I am Psepheryx, and very new at coding, but am hoping to pick it up quickly. My boyfriend is teaching me how to code as we go-and yes, he's the primary in producing this new server.

We are hoping to have a beta test open here in a week or so- It's still small, and definitely a work in progress. I, or my boyfriend will keep everyone updated on the progression of our server.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Code:
Heh. <3
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Working on another server when DiabloQuest isnt even out yet?

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

I'm currently one handed there Wrath. So kinda hard to do anything computer related.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Psepheryx
Fire Beetle

This is just a side project while other parties with DiabloQuest are out of commission- merely a learning experience for me, so I can get a grasp on coding. DiabloQuest will take presidence when the other party is back to being able to work
Old 08-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Drajor
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahar_LoA View Post
I'm currently one handed there Wrath. So kinda hard to do anything computer related.
Get your hand off it .. hah. But seriously hope the recovery is going well, your Diablo 3 dps suffers due to your injury.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomario View Post
Working on another server when DiabloQuest isnt even out yet?
The whole thing with that, Wrath -- Jahar had a accident that has left him one handed, involves sand paper and holding it the wrong way...

Nah in all seriousness, we have DiabloQuest still going, and it's going pretty decent, we're rewriting (by we, I mean Jahar, since it was his idea =P) the story line to make it go back BEFORE Diablo was the Lord of Terror, refer to this post that he made, and that's pretty much what it is we're doing.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37187
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Very nice, I was just curious is all. Jahar I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see DQ on the lists very soon!

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomario View Post
Very nice, I was just curious is all. Jahar I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see DQ on the lists very soon!
Yar me too, until Jahar finishes though, I'll be making this server, will be done shortly, and people are more then willing to come check it out, =P It's pretty solid.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

I want to thank everybody for the well wishes. the stitches come out on Monday.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Get better, Jahar. Your diablo project looks cool.

Nice to see my old yahoo friend working on Emu now. (Psepheryx) By all means tell us more about this secret project when you can.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 AM
Psepheryx
Fire Beetle

We're adding mobs and other little fun touches before releasing for Beta testing. We should more than likely have it ready by the first. We should also have a website up soon
Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

So, there's been the idea on servers of people just starting out at maximum level, because leveling is boring, and crap. I personally agree, now EZ server has spells you can get at level 70, like the level 70 Pet for Clerics and what not and that pet is stronger. Remembering these ideas and talking it over with Psepheryx, we've both come to the conclusion of letting EVERYONE start at level 50. On the Spell Vendor which we'll have set up, you will be able to purchase your level 50 spells that are custom made (The names of spells might be the same, like, Ice Commit might be still Ice Commit), and little things like that, but the damages and stuff will be raised.

Then the questions of pets came up, you know 'What are we going to do about pets.' -- Again, I refer to EZ Server, yes I am using their idea of essentially the same thing... In the first zone you encounter, as a Magician, you will find a pet, this pet will help you MAJORLY in the next zone, if you were a smart alec and just went to the second zone without your pet from this zone, you'll probably notice your pet doesn't do that great. This is intended. Just an example of what the pets are going to be like, mind you this is to change at any time.

SumWaterR1 - Level 50 - HP 4000 - Damage 35 - 80 (With Flurry).
Then when you went to Zone 1
SumWaterR2 - Level 50 - HP 6000 - Damage 50 - 120 (With Flurry, Rampage).

And upgrades as such throughout the zones. Necromancer pets are going to be a set up a bit different, and Shadow Knights are going to have different pets then Skeletons. Spells (Damage spells too), are going to be different. I'm probably going to keep the same aspect as level 1 spells, I'm thinking (Like keep Burst of Flame except modify it's damage, cast time and recovery time to match that of a level 50 spell). This is just an idea and we're probably going to run with it.

Beta will consist of Zone1(Order and Chaos) Zone2(Order and Chaos), and Tier1(Order and Chaos).

We have a website and forums now, as well... The forums are retarded because I haven't gotten paid yet, when I do we'll upgrade them, for now, registration is pretty annoying four ad banners, easy to get around, just click 'No thanks' on all of them...
Website Located here.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Hey guys! Sorry no one has posted on here for a minute or two... I'm here to say the sister server of DiabloQuest is going great (Uthra is the sister server for those who don't know.)

Couple of things I'd like to post here just so people are aware...

Classes;

BARDS - We are currently NOT supporting bards until we can get their songs more balanced, we're working on a patch for it, but, we do not have a ETA of when they will be ready.

HEALERS(Druids, Shamans, Clerics) - As with every server healers will be needed to really progress. You can two box on the server, so at least there's that. On top of that, we've made healing a bit easier as well for you, In the beta you will have up to 3 healing spells, and 2 buff spells, these buff spells are single target and then group target, Shamans, Paladins, and Clerics stacks. Druids do not, because they have thorns.

TANKS(Warriors, Shadow Knights, Paladins *BARDS*) - Tanks won't really be 'required' so to speak, maybe for boss fights they will be, all around it's a good idea to have at least a Shadow Knight whom is a half-bred tank in there at least.
- Warriors will have EXTENDED Stonewall, It will NOT drain your Endurance, however will cost significantly more.
- Shadow Knights will have Life Stealing effects (Surprised? Lol).
- Paladins will be able to either tank with one-handed or two-handed with epics, benefits are still undecided on either one.
- *BARDS* Yes, you saw it. I'm turning Bards into tanks. How I'm going to is still up to be decided, but I've always wanted my bard to be able to tank. I might give them a combination of rune + a stonewall song... Again, I'm undecided.

RANGERS - They get their own topic because I'm actually making their ranged more beneficial then their melee. I've increased the damage they deal with bow (well more everyone), from the 1.0 it has to 1.5 this may be adjusted over time.

CASTERS(Pet Classes) - All of you have control of your pets now.

CASTERS(Non-Pet Classes) - Your damage spells have a chance to proc a stun to prevent your face from getting melee'd off. =P

MELEE DPS - I can't really do to much for you guys. Most of you are pretty OP as it stands. I've brought down Berserkers a little bit, with the weapons I have on the server they STILL were pulling the most DPS out of the Melee classes, monks were lowest, I've raised the stats on you by a bit.

The rest of the updates can be found on the Changelog on our website when we go into Beta. Changelog Here
Old 09-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Hey guys! Sorry no one has posted on here for a minute or two... I'm here to say the sister server of DiabloQuest is going great (Uthra is the sister server for those who don't know.)

Couple of things I'd like to post here just so people are aware...

Classes;

BARDS - We are currently NOT supporting bards until we can get their songs more balanced, we're working on a patch for it, but, we do not have a ETA of when they will be ready.

HEALERS(Druids, Shamans, Clerics) - As with every server healers will be needed to really progress. You can two box on the server, so at least there's that. On top of that, we've made healing a bit easier as well for you, In the beta you will have up to 3 healing spells, and 2 buff spells, these buff spells are single target and then group target, Shamans, Paladins, and Clerics stacks. Druids do not, because they have thorns.

TANKS(Warriors, Shadow Knights, Paladins *BARDS*) - Tanks won't really be 'required' so to speak, maybe for boss fights they will be, all around it's a good idea to have at least a Shadow Knight whom is a half-bred tank in there at least.
- Warriors will have EXTENDED Stonewall, It will NOT drain your Endurance, however will cost significantly more.
- Shadow Knights will have Life Stealing effects (Surprised? Lol).
- Paladins will be able to either tank with one-handed or two-handed with epics, benefits are still undecided on either one.
- *BARDS* Yes, you saw it. I'm turning Bards into tanks. How I'm going to is still up to be decided, but I've always wanted my bard to be able to tank. I might give them a combination of rune + a stonewall song... Again, I'm undecided.

RANGERS - They get their own topic because I'm actually making their ranged more beneficial then their melee. I've increased the damage they deal with bow (well more everyone), from the 1.0 it has to 1.5 this may be adjusted over time.

CASTERS(Pet Classes) - All of you have control of your pets now.

CASTERS(Non-Pet Classes) - Your damage spells have a chance to proc a stun to prevent your face from getting melee'd off. =P

MELEE DPS - I can't really do to much for you guys. Most of you are pretty OP as it stands. I've brought down Berserkers a little bit, with the weapons I have on the server they STILL were pulling the most DPS out of the Melee classes, monks were lowest, I've raised the stats on you by a bit.

The rest of the updates can be found on the Changelog on our website when we go into Beta. Changelog Here
You guys sound like you're doing a great job in trying to balance everything out. From my personal experience with this it's not easy to do and it's almost impossible not to get a FOTM class in the mix, but you can get pretty close to making things even.

Also, bards are one of the toughest things in the world to balance, so I don't blame you at all for not supporting them. They literally have to have their own stuff and if you try to give anything bard related to another class in custom spells it will make that class act as if they are playing a song. It's overall a huge pain in the butt to deal with.

I would love to see some pics of your creation here when you can. I'm not sure how far in development you are however.

Keep up the good work guys.