Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:16 PM
noudess
Discordant

Default Enchanter Level 16 Shielding -help

I'm trying to understand what's happening on my server with this spell.

It's spell 309 - Shielding.

When an enchanter casts it on themselves (I'm uising a level 26) I see the inital hit applied (50 in mu case) which based on my db entry is correct. They then heal up to a new max. My char goes from 431 to 481. However, aboutr 1 second after the cast (sometimes less) the max HP goes up again (on the GUI) to 560 (or another 79 points).

I can't see where that is happening or why.

The server #showstats shows current and max HP correctly (at least from server formulas) , so that seems like the server is fine.

But, I just don't see the client doing something 1 second later - its not a buff that does anything on tics. Maybe the GUI thinks that it is and the server would have to match the GUI formula somehow, in ticks or at least the same value. I guess this makes sense, as the max is supposed to be 80. So the GUI is applying tics to the max value displayed on its own perhaps?

I know the server isn't processing anything beyond the first cast, debugfging shows np activity in the process buffs for these effects.

I don't know the flow of packets at all yet. Does the server send packets to the GUI with maxHP value or is teh GUI doing that all on its own? If its the GUI doing it, then the GUI is adding 50, then adding 79. If the server sends up the 50 and then the GUI adds the 80, thats a different problem.

Testing commenting out the server side addition of the 50 now.. but I would appreciate input from anyone that knows how these packets happen for Total_HP.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:26 PM
noudess
Discordant

Ok, took server processing of the +50 out. Now #showstats shows no change. Gui still bumps it by 50, then 79. Is the behavior on the GUI in any way modifiable at this point? I am looking at wireshark and trying to deciper packets to see any server involvement, but I'm too new at it to see anything useful yet.

The same issue happens for the whole enchanter shielding line, well I tested the lower ones.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:33 PM
noudess
Discordant

Wow I see it.

I guess it's an undocumented feature of Shazda Turbin from Kerra. I tested with it not being worn and the issue goes away. I guess I need to look at the item and item bonuses.

More accurately an undocumented feature of extended enhancemt I - happens when using any of the items with this.

Maybe a titanium bug or an unknown benefit?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:56 PM
noudess
Discordant

Somehow I need EEI to bump the effect of the MaxHP effect on shielding by 16%. Maybe add an SE_FcBaseEffects to the EEI entry?
Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 PM
noudess
Discordant

Wearing the hat does not seem to impact any AC or stat spell base values, but it does impact every HP spell I have with more hp, about 16% on top of the 50 I get from the spell itself (on both side).

The other effects of shielding are not affected by the cap.

I'm trying to find other spells other than the shielding line that increase max Hp and still get affected by the cap's level limit to test those. All the low level shielding spells get affected by about the same addiitonal percentage of hp.