Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Arlum
Fire Beetle

I'm also having the issue where I get to login screen...login bar fills up to 'loading world" etc.... starts to load the game window in the games resolution - then im kicked back to the login screen.

I've tried almost everythign in these threads i'll report back if i figure something out though :(
Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Microdia
Fire Beetle

My friend has a AMD 64x2, with windows 7, 8 gigs of ram, 1 gig video card. Here is the issue with his system, and we can't figure it out. He can play one toon, flawless, two flawless...third box...even with eq on all MIN settings. HUGE lag. My computer is almost 8 years old and I can 5 box. I have followed every single page of this thread and the other thread about the same thing.. Tried everything, from core optimizing, compatibility modes, power options, affinities, even reinstalls.. You name it. No idea why it's lagging so bad upon the entrance of a third box. He should be able to do MUCH more on this system. Not sure what else to do. It's very frustrating.

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Does the pagefile have enough room on the drive it is located to grow?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
walk
Fire Beetle

Has anyone figured out how to launch (SoD client) with /affinity X using shortcuts in Windows 7 (x64) ?

Or, any way?

I have a 4-core 8-thread cpu (i7 950) if I launch one copy of Sod it will set affinity to cpu 0. If I launch a 2nd copy it will set affinity of that client to cpu 1 - problem here is that is the same cpu (hyperthreading).

If I launch a 3rd copy it will use.... cpu 0 again. It's like it doesn't understand anything beyond 2-core 2-thread (non-HT) cpus.

I have to manually set the affinity with taskman, which is a pain with boxing 4+ clients..
Old 02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
mustafa88
Fire Beetle

Wanted to take the time to thank you. Completely fixed my problem. had characters models that didnt move or my character would move slow while the rest of the critters moved faster than me. Now i can enjoy myself.

It was really getting on my nerves chasing something down that ran faster than me.

Happy hunting and thank you again.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
vossiewulf
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzer View Post
Not sure if this will work for other people, but it worked for me.

Win7 64bit, Athlon 64 x2

I made the EQ shortcut use compatibility mode for WinXP SP3, and just under that I checked the "Disable desktop composition" checkbox as well as "Run this program as an administrator". Works flawlessly.
Folks trying to use this on Win 7 who have it lock up as soon as you try to login, this worked for me. At least partially. I can get into the EZ server now, project 1999 (the one I would like to play) still locks up. I'm wondering if that has something to do with me running the Steam Underfoot version rather than the CD versions.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf View Post
I'm wondering if that has something to do with me running the Steam Underfoot version rather than the CD versions.
basically yes.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Abermelin
Fire Beetle

Hi, i just wanted to mentioned that if it loads to black its because aero is enabled. If you check any of the compatbility "disable" modes then it will disable aero. You can just run a basic theme and you dont have to run compatibility.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Wemnion
Fire Beetle

Im having issues with this. Ive read to set the affinity which ive done (Via the /affinity) and when i try to log in i get

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"

Been getting that error for almost 3 hours now just after selecting to go to char select on the server. When it happends it boots me back to account login. Any help with this? Im runnin a 8 core CPU btw its why i set affinity.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Which client? Which server?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Wemnion
Fire Beetle

Trying to connect to P99 Red. Using the EQ Titanium DL. Tried using both their loading and patchme on the eqgame.exe shortcut. neither works and give same error.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Unless it's a problem with every server you should probably look for help on the p99 forums. They would be more familiar with the exact client requirements needed to play there.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Wemnion
Fire Beetle

ive tried prob 10+ servers every single one gives the same error and boot to login screen.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Well, if you set the client up to play on P99 you've generally broken it for other servers. If you're using a fresh client and can't connect to something like PEQ or Stormhaven then you may be having issues with a router/firewall.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Wemnion
Fire Beetle

im runnin straight through modem and have disabled firewall/virus scanner to connect. thats why im having this issue so idk if its something to do with runnin 8 cores or what.
Closed Thread