Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-18-2022, 10:03 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Neriak Palace (neriakd)

Was just working on getting that neriakd zone up and running. Able to zone in properly, wander around and even got the firepot in neriakc to send me into the zone, (instead lfay), haha. Obviously lots of work to do on it, with doors, content, etc., but I'm having fun screwing around. It will make a good custom zone.

Old 08-20-2022, 12:21 PM
manawenuz
Fire Beetle

This is super cool! I was able to get into the same zone a while back but couldn't move around in it. Created the server side files for it (azone/awater) but still couldn't actually walk around. Any suggestions on how to make it work? Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-20-2022, 12:28 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawenuz View Post
This is super cool! I was able to get into the same zone a while back but couldn't move around in it. Created the server side files for it (azone/awater) but still couldn't actually walk around. Any suggestions on how to make it work? Thanks for sharing!
Run this query to update the neriakd zone entry.

Code:
UPDATE `zone` SET `short_name` = 'neriakd', `file_name` = NULL, `long_name` = 'Neriak Palace', `map_file_name` = 'neriakd', `safe_x` = 164, `safe_y` = -251.5, `safe_z` = 7.33, `safe_heading` = 0, `graveyard_id` = 0, `min_level` = 0, `min_status` = 0, `zoneidnumber` = 43, `version` = 0, `timezone` = 0, `maxclients` = 0, `ruleset` = 1, `note` = NULL, `underworld` = -101, `minclip` = 450, `maxclip` = 450, `fog_minclip` = 450, `fog_maxclip` = 450, `fog_blue` = 0, `fog_red` = 0, `fog_green` = 0, `sky` = 1, `ztype` = 0, `zone_exp_multiplier` = 1.00, `walkspeed` = 0.4, `time_type` = 2, `fog_red1` = 0, `fog_green1` = 0, `fog_blue1` = 0, `fog_minclip1` = 450, `fog_maxclip1` = 450, `fog_red2` = 0, `fog_green2` = 0, `fog_blue2` = 0, `fog_minclip2` = 450, `fog_maxclip2` = 450, `fog_red3` = 0, `fog_green3` = 0, `fog_blue3` = 0, `fog_minclip3` = 450, `fog_maxclip3` = 450, `fog_red4` = 0, `fog_green4` = 0, `fog_blue4` = 0, `fog_minclip4` = 450, `fog_maxclip4` = 450, `fog_density` = 0.1, `flag_needed` = '', `canbind` = 0, `cancombat` = 1, `canlevitate` = 1, `castoutdoor` = 1, `hotzone` = 0, `insttype` = 0, `shutdowndelay` = 5000, `peqzone` = 0, `expansion` = 9, `suspendbuffs` = 0, `rain_chance1` = 0, `rain_chance2` = 0, `rain_chance3` = 0, `rain_chance4` = 0, `rain_duration1` = 0, `rain_duration2` = 0, `rain_duration3` = 0, `rain_duration4` = 0, `snow_chance1` = 0, `snow_chance2` = 0, `snow_chance3` = 0, `snow_chance4` = 0, `snow_duration1` = 0, `snow_duration2` = 0, `snow_duration3` = 0, `snow_duration4` = 0, `gravity` = 0.4, `type` = 0, `skylock` = 0, `fast_regen_hp` = 180, `fast_regen_mana` = 180, `fast_regen_endurance` = 180, `npc_max_aggro_dist` = 600, `max_movement_update_range` = 600, `min_expansion` = -1, `max_expansion` = -1, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `underworld_teleport_index` = 0, `lava_damage` = 50, `min_lava_damage` = 10 WHERE `id` = 251;
Old 08-20-2022, 02:45 PM
manawenuz
Fire Beetle

I am in! Very cool zone. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-20-2022, 02:52 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawenuz View Post

I am in! Very cool zone. Thanks for sharing!
I was curious, you mentioned that you generated the wtr map for the zone. I tried with the awater and it wouldn't work for me.
EDIT - Nevermind, found a "not-so-old" azone/awater util. Works good.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:23 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

I was curious, were you able to use #zone (with coordinates) ?

I haven't been able to do that in this zone yet. If I remove the safe x,y,z (set to 0) and let myself fall underworld, then use flymode to get somewhere, I can do that. With the safe x,y,z specified, it will just land me there everytime.

But even if I put an NPC anywhere besides that succor point area, I can't use /tar either. If I put loot on the npc and do a #viewzoneloot, then use #goto, it will take me there no problem, just can't use the /tar (unless the npc is in that succor point area)

I'm assuming the underworld value has to be adjusted, but I've been trying lots of different values, none have made a difference, haha

EDIT: I just discovered, the /tar will work ONLY if I am in the same area as the NPC. I have one in the library and one at the succor point and I can only /tar them when I am in the same area.
Weird...., haha
Old 11-02-2022, 02:19 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Dumb question, but what version of the client are you using? I use ROF2 because I wasn’t sure if there was a way to use newer versions with EQEMU.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:34 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
Dumb question, but what version of the client are you using? I use ROF2 because I wasn’t sure if there was a way to use newer versions with EQEMU.
I'm using RoF2. Any versions newer than that will not work with Emu servers. And even then, one cannot use a current RoF download from Steam, it won't work at all.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:56 PM
Silwyn
Fire Beetle

Is this just Neriak Fourth Gate from CoTF? Never heard of Neriak Palace before.. very interesting.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:41 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silwyn View Post
Is this just Neriak Fourth Gate from CoTF? Never heard of Neriak Palace before.. very interesting.
Yes, that what it is. The "palace" name, was one of those "thoughts" that never manifested into anything. I had to research it myself, to find out it's origin.

But the RoF2 client sees it as Neriak Palace
Old 11-03-2022, 10:49 AM
joedit
Fire Beetle

Hi Huppy,

Is there anything special one needs to do in order to access this zone? I ran the database query you provided above, but when I tried to #zone into it, nothing happens. I also tried to #zone with xyz but it is still not doing anything.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2022, 05:00 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedit View Post
Hi Huppy,

Is there anything special one needs to do in order to access this zone? I ran the database query you provided above, but when I tried to #zone into it, nothing happens. I also tried to #zone with xyz but it is still not doing anything.

Thanks.
Verify that your zone table has a "neriakd" entry, and check your game client (rof2, whatever) and make sure the neriakd zone files are in there.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:53 PM
joedit
Fire Beetle

Thanks, I think this is the issue. I am not seeing neriakd.s3d (or other files) in the root everquest directory. I am using eof2 client.

Do you know where I can find/download them?

Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:41 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedit View Post
Thanks, I think this is the issue. I am not seeing neriakd.s3d (or other files) in the root everquest directory. I am using eof2 client.

Do you know where I can find/download them?

Thanks again.
It's included with the EQ Live download/install
Old 11-04-2022, 07:19 AM
joedit
Fire Beetle

Oh LOL, thanks. I will try to find it