Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 03-13-2021, 04:50 AM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Default Color picker is all off.

I can't seem to get the color picker in the item editor to select the right color. I use the he color picker to make a robe green, I select the right color and it shows in the swatch, I save the item and it turns out orange or yellow. I even tried pasting in hex codes, and it is still doing it. Sometimes it'll pick a totally random color. I tried to make a robe blue and it turned it green, then purple. I think I got that one to be the right color after several tries, but other items it's just a hit or miss kind of thing, and most of the time it's a miss.
Am I missing something here? Is there a better system?
Old 03-14-2021, 01:13 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

the color picker in George editor was also off as few years back.
I also asked around and got no answer - I resulted in doing this by hand:
find a website that lists ton of colors in RBG, pick a color, take values and run them into HEX formula.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:49 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
I can't seem to get the color picker in the item editor to select the right color. I use the he color picker to make a robe green, I select the right color and it shows in the swatch, I save the item and it turns out orange or yellow. I even tried pasting in hex codes, and it is still doing it. Sometimes it'll pick a totally random color. I tried to make a robe blue and it turned it green, then purple. I think I got that one to be the right color after several tries, but other items it's just a hit or miss kind of thing, and most of the time it's a miss.
If you know of an item that is the color you want sometimes the simplest way is to just copy paste the color from that.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:33 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

If someone wants to cherry pick the change I added to my personal peqphpeditor you are more than welcome to... it has a working color picker for items.

https://github.com/Natedog2012/peqph...05b401defe0f47
Old 06-23-2022, 07:38 PM
Theyne
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
the color palette was disabled a year ago, if I'm not mistaken. The only option left is to do everything yourself. I will describe to you how I did it. I found a service https://create.vista.com/colors/color-names/burgundy/, there are a lot of colors here, I chose the colors I needed, pulled out the codes and inserted the formula into the HEX. Everything works great.