Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Allairus
Sarnak

Default Creating a bot gives failed to query name availability

I have done the steps I can find on this.I have a build running with bots enabled and I ran the option 4 on the upgrade PL a few times. When I try to create a bot i get " failed to query name availability for "whatever name I use".

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:26 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Do you recall exactly what command syntax you used? This "should" work, does for me anyway.

^botcreate Tankbot 1 1 0 (Might be wrong on the numbers, it's class/race/gender)
^list (This should list you bot)
^spawn Tankbot (This should spawn him right on top of you)

Once spawned, target them, shoot them a group invite and the bot AI will take over.

Another important note is that all the commands, bot names, bot groups, etc. are all case sensitive. So if you named him TankBot, the above command to spawn him would report an error because the 'B' wasn't capitalized.

Hopefully that works for you. If not, post everything you typed and what the responses were. I might not be able to help but Uleat is pretty awesome when it comes to troubleshooting the bots.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Allairus
Sarnak

I typed it in like this.
^botcreate Andolin 2 8 1

And I get the failed to query name server for 'Andolin'
Old 06-01-2016, 01:14 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

If you check your DB, with something like Heidi or another viewer. Do you see all the bot tables?

bot_data
bot_inspect_messages
bot_stances
bot_timers
bot_buffs
bot_inventories
bot_pets
etc. There are a bunch of them.

Your new bot would try to write into the bot_data table. If it doesn't exist, then we need to help you get that SQL to source in correctly. Should have come in with the eqemu_update.pl, using option 4. But there have been instances in the past where some people need to install the first batch manually.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Allairus
Sarnak

That is the problem then. I have none of those entries in my database. I've run the update with option 4 quiet a few times. It does give an error on that update at one point that on one of the links can not be found. It is a heal rotation related file it gives the error on.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:11 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Ok, then the eqemu_update.pl isn't patching the bots for you correctly. Like I said, it's happened to others. Once it's patched up, the updates should work from this point forward.

First thing to try is resetting the database version to 0. In your DB find the table bots_version. Change that number to 0, and try running the perl script again (option 4 twice). If that still doesn't work, we have to roll up our sleeves.

If you follow this link https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree.../bots/required there will be a list of SQL files (as of this post there are 7).

Grab those SQL files (copy/paste into a blank file with an SQL extension for example) and put them somewhere convenient.

Next, source each SQL into your DB, in order (based on date, newest file last). I usually do this from a mysql command prompt, but you should be able to source them from Heidi.

Once that's done, you may want to change that bots_version table to 9006 (again as of the time of this post). That should get you working.

Alternatively you could check out this link. Similar steps, probably easier to read. http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Manual_..._Bots&frm=Main

If neither of those steps work, we might need to wait for Uleat to take a look at the thread and offer some suggestions. Let us know!
Old 06-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Allairus
Sarnak

Ok thanks. I will check that out this evening. I did not even see the table for bots_version.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:24 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allairus View Post
Ok thanks. I will check that out this evening. I did not even see the table for bots_version.
Bummer. If that's the case before you can try using the update script try manually creating those version tables. Again, I typically type this stuff into a mysql command line, but you can create a query in Heidi and run the query with the same effect. Just type these in when you are inside the db (peq for example).

Code:
ALTER TABLE `db_version` ADD `bots_version` int(11) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `version`;
Old 06-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

There are issues with the bots portion of eqemu_update.pl.

Someone posted a link to some sql files that appear to work in the interim (can't seem to find it atm...)

When you changed the option in CMake, did you recompile your code and copy the new binaries to your server directory?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Kaless59
Fire Beetle

When I had a similar issue I sourced in the sql at https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...09_30_bots.sql > I'm pretty sure I used Heidi
Old 06-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Uleat
Developer

Yes, thanks for that link! I should have remembered that the sql file was a 'clean' schema install.

You will still need to add the `bots_version` column to the `db_version` table - which occurs in eqemu_update.pl.

Code:
ALTER TABLE db_version ADD bots_version int(11) DEFAULT '0' AFTER version;
If you manually run the '...09_30_bots' sql above, you will need to change the bots_version value to '9000'

Hopefully, that will kick the bots versioning into gear and you can update to the required '9006' schema..otherwise, you'll need to manually apply those updates.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-02-2016, 01:24 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
There are issues with the bots portion of eqemu_update.pl.

Someone posted a link to some sql files that appear to work in the interim (can't seem to find it atm...)
That "link" is at the bottom of this page

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=40114&page=6
Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Allairus
Sarnak

After reading over these replies and downloading and sourcing the SQL files I was able to get bots working.

A big thanks for all the replies and help on this.