Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-31-2020, 07:36 AM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default The Return of New Freeport

The server has officially been open for over a month now and have had very positive feedback from players. There have been many tweaks and improvements to gameplay since opening and we now have a great community.

What is The Return of New Freeport?
HIGHLY scripted, FULLY custom content
Every spell has been hand made, every item personally created, and every npc carefully placed
Custom 3D modeled weapons
2-box restricted
Every class can be soloed or duoed as each class has some way to heal
Max level 20 with AAs obtainable at 20
Casters get a spell every level, hybrids and melees every odd level (with some exceptions)
EVERY named mob has a unique/custom script. There are always emotes or hints so you do not have to guess, but some fights are difficult.
Custom zonelines and telepads. Discover the hidden telepads and you can port between them for a fee.
Achivement system with rewards
Item Discovery system announces the first person to discovers each item and tracks how many items each person has discovered.
Custom Tradeskills recipies. No need to raise 8 different tradeskills, all tradeskills are done through Crafting and Cooking.
Fable events in almost every zone to give high levels a challenge re-fighting old fun encounters.

Learn more, get files, and talk to other players at our discord page: https://discord.gg/cTyV9CA
Old 02-27-2020, 10:22 PM
caenyien
Fire Beetle

No one is really talking about this place here on the forum but it is very fun and different. Some bosses are really creative, many have some type of script. There are very few that are plain old 'tank and spank'. One example named in a lower tier zone is a giant sea turtle that constantly spawns baby turtles. The babies move quite slowly while mama is very fast, requiring a 'kite and fight' strategy if you are a melee.

Tradeskills are also cool here and recently re balanced so you can't just make poisons to skill easily. This concept has lots of potential and makes me think of other servers where the classes are played in a new way while sticking to their typical roles. My warrior has a skill that is DD plus rune. Meanwhile my clerics yaulp is more like a super yaulp that also gives her cool procs. Recommended to give this place a spin it's a totally new take on eq.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:20 PM
xCrazymonx
Fire Beetle

Default Best Effing Server

If you have not experienced this server, you are missing one of the best Emu Experiences.

The amount of content and quality is outrageous. Be strong, its not a give you everything server, it is a challenge however, one you can get through.

2 box limit, each class is wickedly unique and the synergies are endless. So much of this server is still undiscovered.

Give this server a try, I know you are out there, this is the one you are looking for.

And he just brought it back up, its been down for a bit. I'm gonna dominathe pixels again!
Old 04-23-2020, 11:41 PM
xCrazymonx
Fire Beetle

New content released yesterday just so those who lurk around are aware its still adding content and tons still to be discovered.

Come check it out l.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:38 PM
tako_EQ
Fire Beetle

the new content is awesome, and lots of fun so far.

people should come try out this gem of a server if you havent yet
Old 06-24-2020, 12:04 AM
masuimi3
Fire Beetle

TLDR: Amazing server. Literally the only thing holding this server back is low population and there has been an influx of new players lately daily.

I joined this server about 2 weeks ago and have been hooked since. This server is unlike any other server (that i've played) out there.

Here is a quick summary of the server (from my eyes) and a few of the key features that make this server awesome:

The server is like 20 zones total with a level cap of 20. This doesn't sound like a lot, but once you get into the game you realize majority of the content comes after you reach level 20, and there is so much to do once you get there. There is a 'discovery feature' which alerts the world when a new item is discovered (via drop, or via crafting) and a lot have still not been found. You can potentially have a unique item that only you own on the entire server.

Crafting plays a large role here. It is not tedious like original EQ crafting. Crafting has been essentially changed into 2 skills -- cooking, and crafting. With crafting skill you can craft a large portion of the items that exist, and discover new ones that no one has yet. You have to use the lore to figure out what items might go together and attempt it, and then you might be the first to discover a new recipe and a rare piece of armor/weapon.

Each boss/named is custom scripted. I died many times to some bosses before I figured out what I was supposed to do. It was awesome experience. There is no wiki to hand-hold you and tell you exactly what to do, you need to learn it for yourself (or ask in chat and someone may give you hints). To help paint the picture of what this looks like; for one of the first bosses you need to pickup an item he drops and use it against him.

All loot is hand-placed and custom for this server. You won't find items that don't make sense, and there are a ton of items to discover.

Each class is different than the original game. Druid can be a tank/dps/healer. Wiz is a support char. Rogue can drop a heal orb. Monks can heal others. Etc. Everything feels new and refreshing. Each class has some kind of self-heal so any can reach end-game but boxing definitely gives you an advantage. MQ2 is allowed here (but none of the cheat functions of it).

This server gives me that new feel/explore vibe that I remember from playing EQ for the first time in 1999. I didn't care about rushing to end-game but i cared about exploring the world and challenging myself. I highly recommend it.

If you want to join the server, you can join the discord for more information.

https://discord.gg/7wPhUP
Old 12-28-2020, 02:25 AM
Vire70
Sarnak

So, is the Return of New Freeport... returning? Because discord link is dead and server is no longer in server list.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:11 PM
Chrysocome
Fire Beetle

rhaanz has been working on sanctuary. a lot of us from nfp are over at sanctuary.