Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:07 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Server Setup Guide

If you're new to trying to get a server going and having trouble with support guide links, a lot has changed over time, information has moved, as well as some other things, the way they are handled. One example is the private login server. (login.ini is no longer used, as of Sept 17,2019).
On this main forum page, to the left, is a link called "wiki" which takes you here: https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/ There is a lot of helpful links on the left column of that page. NOTE: You will see a link there for Loginserver (as seen below), which will help you with information for the new loginserver schema.

Old 11-27-2019, 07:42 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Thanks for posting this Huppy. I still use the old login server method with the login.ini file. Am I forced to switch over or can I continue to use my server with the old method?
Old 11-27-2019, 12:46 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

If you never update your binaries, then you should be able to continue using the old login server. If you wish to update your binaries now or in the future, you will end up having to migrate to the new login server.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:47 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I'm not sure what 'updating your binaries' means. I installed using the Akka repack, so I don't think I ever compiled my own binaries to begin with.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:51 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

There is a file in your server folder called eqemu_server.pl. Running this in an elevated command prompt allows you to update your binaries and database, among other things.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:03 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Thank you Jaspen. I'm not going to upgrade unless there is a reason to do so. My server is still running fine, so I'll leave it be until something bad happens =p
Old 07-05-2020, 11:16 AM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

Seems like the windows download link is broken.