Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:30 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Bastion of Thunder

Rise of a Lost Age (custom server lore).

In the days after the fall of the Combine Empire, while remaining loyalists scattered around Norrath, two human friends, Rile and Crone refused to accept defeat, of the once powerful entity. It was their own belief that the Empire could rise up and become more powerful than it ever was. But to their dismay, they could not find enough followers who could believe in their visions. They campaigned throughout Karana, Qeynos, Kaladim and Freeport. Many became so annoyed with Rile and Crone, they were turned away, before getting a chance to speak.

One day, Rile and Crone were walking through Toxxulia forest, when they came across a man named Kaleandrak who claimed he was studying magic and sorcery. While Rile and Crone were trying to recruit him, Kaleandrak laughed and asked, "Where are you going to build this empire? on the river bank? Only a fool would follow a lost soul." Crone became impatient with Kaleandrak, replying, "You boast of these magic studies and where has that got you. Like us, you stand there with nothing more than the skin on your back."

Rile and Crone began to walk away, when Kaleandrak hollared out, "Wait. If you come with me, we can help each other. There is some vast, empty lands I have learned about. No man has ever had the courage to get there, but I have heard there is powerful magic to gain beneath it's soil. A much better life could be built, but reaching these lands is no easy task. It will take the might of warriors and magical aid to battle in our journey. Rile replied with skeptism, " Your tongue quivers tall tales, but why should we believe such a story from a stranger ?"

Kaleandrak pulls a partially torn scroll from his sleeve, "I have this scroll of scriptures, some of it is tattered, but it is enough to know that these lands exist." Crone swiftly snatched the scroll from his hand, replying, "Let me look at this. For all we know, it could be the worthless writings of a thief trading fables for gold." Rile starts to question Kaleandrak. "We are only three, yet you say it is a dangerous journey full of battles? and what is this little drawing of rocks and stones on the map part, what does it mean?" Kaleandrak explains, "I was told that pile leads to an alternative path to these lands, with less battles. This potion I have made can open up a portal in those rocks, but only two men are able to pass through this portal when it opens. Then it will close up and be useless."

Crone, without a brief thought, quickly drew his sword, smiting Kaleandrak, slaying him with one hard swing of the blade. "Rile drops to his knees and begins to scream at Crone, "You Fool! What have you done?". Crone reaches down to Kaleandrak's corpse and grabs the bottle of potion out of his pocket, then replies to Rile, "You heard what he said. There can only be two!"

To be continued .......

https://discord.gg/n6YaHYS
http://bothunder.net (work in progress)
Old 04-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Just thought I would mention, since people are popping into the BoT discord asking some basic questions, the new website forums are in the process of being built up. I moved away from the infamous "proboards" and have a paid site now. bothunder.net (and .com) both go to the forum site. The forums will gradually get populated with information.

However, I ask that people have patience between now and server launch, and encourage all to bring questions to Discord for now. You can find it here: https://discord.gg/n6YaHYS
Old 05-14-2020, 08:21 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Confirmed date of launch is next Friday, (May 22nd), about 4 pm (eastern). It will require the RoF/RoF2 client and mandatory patch files, which will be available on Tuesday, the 19th on the server forums, bothunder.net The patch file package comes with a few instructions to deal with the older versions of Nektulos and Lavastorm. I would strongly encourage the inquisitive minds to join the discord server, if you have any questions. (invite link on my signature)