Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Question MKB script or software? Bind input to specific screens

AKA: Emulating hydra on 1 PC.

EDIT: the software is AHK - AutoHotKey, not MHK or MKB or wahtever. I was afk on my phone when I posted, sorry

I've been trying to find a way that actually installs, runs, and does what it says it does, to bind a specific mouse and keyboard to a specific monitor or instance of EQ. Basically o want to multiseat, but with multi screens, and for free lol. Working with Windows 10 mind you.

I've looked at team player, and my mice are locked both to 1 screen of my 2. I've tried dualinput but after you assign the 2nd mouse and kybd they disappear and the options for my devices aren't there. I tried several other things to no avail like aster and others that I forget the names of, and I installed MKB (or was it MHK) but it requires a lot of scripting, and all I can find for what I need is to do each key 1 at a time. I found that Microsoft has a program that allows all kinds of things like this, but only for certain Microsoft input devices of which i own none. I also found Logitech to have a couple options that MIGHT do what I want, but I've seen no mention of it specifically and don't know which of the 2 to try.

I know there are many boxing programs out there, isbpxer is big but I can't even ask a question there without downloading and installing a program just to register their forums, and after 5 hrs I'm still downloading. What I need is to make my 1 computer with 2 monitors and 2 keyboards, preferably a second mouse but not required, act like 2 computers without running a virtual machine. I don't care if it recognizes the entire second display as bound to the 2nd inputs, or just that specific EQ install, but it has to allow either instant window swap from keypress to keywords, or keep that window always active.

Does anyone know what programs would allow me to do this? All the answers I've found don't work on win10 or not on my version, or are paid and even then without testing I refuse to pay as all the rest I've tried supposedly work, but don't and most of them are paid after trial.

Should I be looking at isbpxer more, or another team player version, or does anyone use MKB and could help me with the script? I found "eithermouse" which was written for it and a minor attempt at eitherkbd but it was abandoned years ago and was never completed. All I need is to map an entire keyboard to one application, or 1 screen, and maybe map a 2nd mouse as well so that it is locked to that window only on both counts. My main mouse/kbd are fine one either main display or everything but that 1 application but can't affect that application.

I know this is possible, I just can't find how. Mice,kybd, barcode scanners and All kinds of things are all viewed as HIDs and they can be differentiated between (natively in many Linux distros) and in Windows itself via their own app for their own branded stuff, but what is there that truly works in win10 or even just for gaming that isn't brandspecific

I can't box, never have never will. I run bard as a box but she gets 2 buttons clicked per fight at the most. I have always run my characters off their own PCs so that's what I'm used to and what I like. I like doing 2 completely different things on 2 diff chars at the same time without a million Windows on 1 screen or having to bind another 100+ keys to my main kybd. I use in game macros to do any minor automation I need like forage and target at same time or mount and in is in 1 button. Most of what I do can't be programmed farther, and I wouldn't want to.

Anyone know something to help?