Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-07-2004, 01:28 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Default One Stop Error Guide (work in progress.)

...This guide is NOT version specific. Though it may contain somethings specific to the most up to date version it is meant as a generic error guide. Unless otherwise explained in the paragraph after the error as being version specific, the fixes listed here and in links are usable to fix your problem. It looks as though 5.8 release is out on THIS site, and is compatible with all patches since June or July (not sure how accurate this is), and up to at least 09/14/04. If you are tyring to PLAY on the live compatable login server (which is new to version 0.5.8, then check out THIS tutorial written by Melwin.

Quote:
[Error]0.5.8 Test server is timing out when trying to log in.
Most of the time this can be cured by doing two things.. You either have spaces or blank line(s) in your eqhost.txt (which you need to get rid of, as they are read as whitespace or /n characters and are misinterpreted), or you are not patched up to live that is requiried. Check THIS post concerning the login server.

Quote:
[Error]You have been disconnected
Do you have dx9? Do you have the latest drivers for your sound and vdo card? What OS are you running on? Are you using dial-up (EQEMu doesnt play well with dial-up, try changing your datarate to 1.0 and experiment with different numbers there)? You may need to uninstall and reinstall EQ, as it MIGHT be a client problem (but chekc the boards to make sure you can patch up to current first so you dont break the emu)... There are a lot of things that it COULD be, but it IS most likely something on your end.. One way to check, is to try and play on different servers. If you still have this problem then you KNOW it is something on your end.. If it ONLY happens on that ONE server, then you can assume it is something incompatible with your setup and their server, and you need to contact them about it... Also note, that some vdo cards, while you may HAVE dx9 intalled, are NOT dx9 compatible, and COULD cause some problems..

Quote:
[Error] Error: 10060 and 10061
This is normally a routing issue or firewall issue.. You can look at this thread to get an idea of what you might need to do.

Quote:
[Error] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
Usually means you have a DB issue, your DB is NOT compatable with the version of EQEMU you are running. look here. There are other links to find this plugin 'could not load item data.'

Quote:
Cant see my server on the login screen, or I can but nobody else can.
See this post about setting up eqemu + NAT (read your router). This usually is what is involved when having the 1017 error also.

Quote:
Error 1002
Error 1002 means you are connecting to the wrong login server for the client that you have. See this thread for help on this error.

Quote:
Client crashes all the time, or back to the login screen, or desktop.
See "You have been disconnected" from above.

Quote:
Every time I open the everquest desktop shortcut it opens the patcher, goes into the main everquest patch server.
This is due to not following the instrucions in the guides. This thread will help.

Quote:
Is there any risk that just playing in an Eqemu server i could crash any stuff for my regular EQ server ?
Another not reading the guides, issue. This can be answered by following this link.

Quote:
Error 1001
This is usually a eqhost issue. Check out this thread.

Quote:
Error 2003
Usually caused by not running the GRANT command in MySQL. Go to this post and check out the way to do that.

Quote:
Error 2006 MySQL has gone away
This error is due to password issues in your MySQL. Read up about it here.

Quote:
Server appears to be locked even to me the creator.
unless you changed the locked status in loginserver.ini then it is due to

Quote:
Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
from above. See the link in that error to fix it.

Quote:
error 1017
This is either a version error (meaning you are tyring to run a version of EQEMu that is NOT compatible with whatever patch you have for your client) , or NAT issue (Just do a search for these two errors as it will pull up tons of responses. This is the most common error we have here). I am just finding out that it can also be due to accounts not properly set up. Here is the link to read about that. Also making your password too short will give you this error.. Simply change your password to be longer than 4 characters. Side note, if you try changing everything to localhost and then you CAN connect, you probably have either a NAT error, or your ISP won't allow incoming traffic. If it is proven to be a NAT error and you are using a linksys router, check out this guide... http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14112

Quote:
I was told to log into Shawn319's server but I dont know what it is called, cause it is the only server I can play becuase I patched.
Any server that is labeled 0.5.5 or higher is compatible with GoD.

Quote:
Bad UN/PW
This could be a lot of things, but I just noticed that EqEmu purged a lot of accounts that were not logged into to activate them. This could be your problem. Try creating a new account with EqEmu and activating it. Also, if you are getting this error that says (along with bad UN/PW) Station name is incorrect, then you didnt make your eqhost.txt file correctly or you didnt make your shortcut to eqgame.exe correctly.

Quote:
I cant see the buttons or the name blank correctly to make a new character.
This is probably because you are patched with the GoD files, and trying to play on a NON GoD server (read anything before 0.5.5). You can do two things here, hope you have a back-up of your old UI folder (before the 10th patch) and restore them to your eqemu client folder, or you can log into any server that is labeled 0.5.5.

This next part is NOT an error, but I have seen enough people ask about it (especially when it was mentioned there is NO support for newest files). This is by no means support for, and if you cant get this working correctly, youll have to search the forums or learn more about C++ to get it answered, but this should help those that HAVE VC++ that want to enable perl quests instead of using .qst files. (Dont forget to install perl and IO::Scalar)

Code:
Right now by default perl is not enabled when you compile. You will need to define EMBPERL for perl quests, and/or EMBPERL_PLUGIN for perl plugins (remember plugins require IO::Scalers) 

To create another build configuration with perl support in VC++6 
open the server (or zone) project 
menu-- build,configurations 
select zone-win32-Release and press add 
set the configuration name to Relase with Perl 
set copy configuration from zone-win32-Release 
menu-- build,set active configuration 
select zone-win32-Relase with Perl 
menu-- Project, settings 
Select c/c++ tab 
with the category pulldown reading General add ,EMBPERL,EMBPERL_PLUGIN to the end of the Preprocessor defines 
Change category to Preprocessor and put c:\perl\lib\core in the Additional include Directories 
select the link tab 
change the category to input and put c:\perl\lib\core in the Additional library path 
Close window 
menu-- project, add to project, files 
select zone\embparser.cpp make sure it has insert into: zone selected 
do the same for embperl.cpp embparser.h and embperl.h 

Now you can build a zone.exe with or without perl support. It will put the zone.exe with perl in a sub directory of the zone source. This is how I set it up so that it worked. If there is a "proper" way please let me know. 

If compiled with perl quest, all quests must be in perl format. the *.qst files will not be read!
Courtesy of Eglin. Thanks Eglin, helped me a bunch to see this. Even saved it to HD as .txt file <smile>

And that is all I have for now for a one stop error guide.. When I get some more time I will get you some more. Happy EQEMu'ing!

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-15-2004, 06:45 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Stickied it - keep it complete. I'm not around very often to doublecheck.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:18 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Default Awesome

This is a great post. Thank you for the info. I had posted eralier about not finding a "real" FAQ, but this comes pretty close and it's great to see it's being updated.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:28 AM
pike
Fire Beetle

in the part about the 0.5.5 being compatiable with GoD, im really new to the emulator scene, just started last night, and although i can create a character on the 0.5.5 servers, i get kicked back to server select once i try and enter the game, any help on this issue would be deeply appreciated
Old 02-19-2004, 06:27 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
although i can create a character on the 0.5.5 servers, i get kicked back to server select once i try and enter the game, any help on this issue would be deeply appreciated
See my edit above under "Client crashes all the time, or back to the login screen." It is NOT a solutiuon, but might help tell you what is happening.

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Toofaded
Fire Beetle

I still get the 1017 error but only on dr1 servers and thats the server i need to get on because i dl after the 18th ahhhh help
Old 02-26-2004, 07:14 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Repatch all files, make sure you have DX9 installed and try again.

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-28-2004, 03:14 PM
badk0re
Fire Beetle

This is the error I get when I compile my Zone.exe, I know their is no support with any of this, but I thought I would atleast ask and hope u knew what the problem was out of kindness =)

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'Zone - Win32 Release With Perl'.
--------------------Configuration: Zone - Win32 Release With Perl--------------------
Compiling...
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
attack.cpp
client.cpp
client_process.cpp
command.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE\afxv_w32.h(14) : fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h>
doors.cpp
embparser.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE\afxv_w32.h(14) : fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h>
embperl.cpp
entity.cpp
EQEMuError.cpp
faction.cpp
forage.cpp
groups.cpp
hate_list.cpp
loottables.cpp
Map.cpp
mob.cpp
MobAI.cpp
net.cpp
npc.cpp
Object.cpp
parser.cpp
petitions.cpp
PlayerCorpse.cpp
spawn2.cpp
spawngroup.cpp
spells.cpp
worldserver.cpp
zone.cpp
zonedbasync.cpp
classes.cpp
crc32.cpp
database.cpp
dbasync.cpp
dbcore.cpp
DBMemLeak.cpp
debug.cpp
EMuShareMem.cpp
EQNetwork.cpp
eqtime.cpp
guilds.cpp
Item.cpp
md5.cpp
misc.cpp
MiscFunctions.cpp
moremath.cpp
Mutex.cpp
packet_dump.cpp
packet_dump_file.cpp
packet_functions.cpp
races.cpp
serverinfo.cpp
TCPConnection.cpp
timer.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

Zone.exe - 4 error(s), 1 warning(s)

After lookin at the errors I checked my *.cpp files ( the ones which cause errors) and could not resolve the issue by myself, that is why I come asking for a bit of help.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:52 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
Im not sure of this error/warning.. Are you using the command line compiler/option or the gui?
Quote:
Im not sure why you are getting that, as I dont see that any of the zone files are including this header file (could be wrong).. A quick search within files in the whole of 0.5.5 DR1 source files confirms this... There are several calls to WINDOWS.h in the emusharmem.dll, and world files, but nothing in zone exept in world/zonserver.cpp... Another quick search reveals that afxv_w32.h is not called from WINDOWS.h either.... I may be totally off base here as I just started learning C++ myself, but try recompiling it from scratch and following the above directions and see what you come up with (using the GUI)...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Sarkamen
Sarnak

Dangit I need binaries for 5.5, I have no Idea on how to compile and the guide I used for cvs doesnt help becuase when I get to the part about changing the enviro variable path to add cvs it doesnt recognize my edit in the dos comd line.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:47 PM
VooodooKiller28
Sarnak

Default Disconnected?

Wat bout wen u keep on getting the You have been disconnected. message repeatedly after a bout 30 seconds in the eq world
Old 04-04-2004, 02:59 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Ill look into that and edit the guide with it in there (if i can find some causes) later today... Need to update with the 5.5 release anyhow...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Ender
Fire Beetle

what should i do for a d3d9.dll error?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Download / Install DirectX 9.

kRPG Profile
Old 04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Ender