Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:19 AM
gibroni
Hill Giant

also some of the pok books dont show up, such as cresent reach book and rathe mountains book guta? show up in sod version but not the uf version. any idea what file is missing? maybe pok file not correct?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
also some of the pok books dont show up, such as cresent reach book and rathe mountains book guta? show up in sod version but not the uf version. any idea what file is missing? maybe pok file not correct?
After I read this, I went for a tour around PoK, only stone I had missing,
is Neriak (platform is there, but no stone).
But found the Gukta stone over by the Rivervale one.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:52 AM
trevius
Developer

The Neriak Portal issue was already discussed and resolved here:

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11569

As for the Crescent Reach portal, that is for a new zone that the PEQ DB isn't really caught up to yet. They have Crescent Reach done, but the CR portal actually goes to Blightfire Moors which they probably won't have done until they are caught up to that expansion.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
The Neriak Portal issue was already discussed and resolved here:

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11569

As for the Crescent Reach portal, that is for a new zone that the PEQ DB isn't really caught up to yet. They have Crescent Reach done, but the CR portal actually goes to Blightfire Moors which they probably won't have done until they are caught up to that expansion.
Thank you. I checked that setting from that post, my POKNRKPORT500 was
set to 3 instead of 4294967292
Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

After the above change in setting, I zoned into Nektulos from the PoK, but
was kind of "stuck" with no visuals except trees up in the air.
So I checked the /loc which was x 345, y 733, z -4.75 compared to Sony
live which was x -843, y -814, z 6.90 and changed the destination in the
door table, zone-in works fine, but no PoK book inside Nektulos, that I've
been able to find yet.

*EDIT*
Went in to door table id = 12283 (POKTELE500) and changed the location
to x -867, y 793, z 6.26 and the PoK Book showed up in Nektulos

Also, tried out the CR stone in PoK, it actually put me in Crescent Reach,
at /loc x -2635, y -1240, z -152.53

Last edited by Huppy; 12-16-2010 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: new info
Old 12-30-2010, 10:25 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

some other underfoot issues im having...

Seems you have to zone after buffing to see the effects on your toon. they show up in buff window, but have to zone to see affects such as hp to the character. something easily fixed?

other thing is when using archery on my ranger, he is shooting bags right over the mobs head as a visual, funny really. But he is doing normal damage, just a funny visual.

any comments?

loving the work all you guys are doing fixing all these issues.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

I had already stumbled upon this issue while working on my custom spells on my server. the link to it is http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32786. As a note, if you do #showstats it will show the effects of the buffs correctly. The %health bar also does not reflect the buff hps so they are probably tied to the same code/packet?

This seems to be some issue with the server code as I can use my exact same SoD/UF client from steam on PEQ:TGC and buffs/stats show up perfectly as they should on thier server. The question is, what is the code they have changed and or updated to enable this.

I have DLed the most recent EQEmu and PEQ SVNs and this is still an issue.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

I have completed testing to discover the exact cause of this issue. If you turn on the "Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd" in the "rule_values" table, then the UF client will NOT adjust for buffs until you zone in the inventory window. if you leave this value set to "false" then the UF client will show the buffs correctly BUT the HP/Mana/End calcs are all off and leaves you at 68% hps when "#heal" ed. The #showstats window also only reports the old titanium calc values for these as well.

As stated in my last post, this seems to be totally functional on PEQ so they must have some code that adjusted this or there is something that those of us basing our serveres on the PEQ and EQEmu SVNs are missing.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

humm...conducted even more testing on PEQ.

On PEQ spells cast for the first time on me when I did NOT have the buff already on prior to zoning or logging on would drop after 1 tick.

If I cast the buff again or had it on me prior to zone/logon, then the buff woudl stick and continue to be displayed in the inventory screen as it should.

This was also repeatable on my own personnal server with the exact same resaults, and does NOT seem to be just an issue with my server or those based on the PEQ db but even includes the PEQ server.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:58 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

Update to the issue!

I have conducted yet more testing and found that ANY item, AA, or other buff extension thing that extends buff duration is what is causing the effects to drop form the inventory window after one tick no matter how many times you cast it.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Derision
Developer

Thanks for investigating this. That explains why I couldn't reproduce this from previous reports, as I didn't have any items with such focus effects on my test character.

If you get the time, let me know if it is fixed with Rev1792.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:09 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Looked at the code you put in, Derision. Will extended duration buffs show correctly after this? I ask because extended duration buffs never showed the proper duration when cast but did so after 1 tick. Course, that probably should be fixed in the initial packet for the buff anyway.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Derision
Developer

It still appears to behave the same, i.e. unextended time when you mouse over the buff icon when first cast, but then the extended time a few seconds later.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

You rock Derision! Thanks for the speedy work!

Your patch works perfectly from what I have tested so far. Both buff duration AAs and item effects are working as they should AND it's still showing up with the correct timer in the buff bar as well as the correct effect in the inventory window.

I am also NOT experiancing the 1 tick with the incorrect buff length that Gaeorn is so not totally sure what's going on there. I have clicked off and recast several buffs on me, then zoned and repeated and it always seems to show with the improved buff length (70% total increase [50% from AAs + 20% from item]).
Old 01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

any info on fixing some of the weapons that dont seem to show up when equiping them? shaman not showing spear and warrior not showing great staff of thunder and ranger shooting bags out of bow instead of arrows?