Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
trevius
Developer

Since you are running an Intel, the SP3 update should fix your issues completely if they are multi-core related. Depending on when and where your game is crashing, it could also just be a resolution issue. Try checking the FAQ in my sig to see if any symptoms match your issue closely.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Since you are running an Intel, the SP3 update should fix your issues completely if they are multi-core related. Depending on when and where your game is crashing, it could also just be a resolution issue. Try checking the FAQ in my sig to see if any symptoms match your issue closely.
Ok, well it doesnt crash. It just kicks me back to the log in screen when i try to connect to any server.

SP 3 didnt help anything. Checkin your FAQ now and i ordered the Secrets of Faydwer for 7 bucks on amazon.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

This is my problem exactly.

Quote:
I can log into the Server Select screen, but when I try to connect, the screen goes black and then goes to the login screen again.
There are multiple reasons that could be causing this. Here are some of them:

1. Most likely you are running the wrong version of Everquest. Only Legal copies of Everquest Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer completely unpatched will work.
2. You may want to try other servers to make sure that it isn't a problem on that particular server.
3. If you live in a dorm or are playing at work, you might be using a proxy that is blocking port 5998, which means you won't be able to connect.
4. If you are running a P2P or Torrent program, it might be using all of your bandwidth. Try turning them all off.
5. You may have a firewall that is blocking EQ. Disable all firewalls.
6. If you are running a Dual Core CPU or Windows Vista, you will probably need to read the following post and apply at least one of the fixes listed in it: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...t=25327∞
7. You may need to adjust your Windows Desktop and/or your Everquest Resolution settings.
8. Make sure your drivers are up to date for your Video Card.
9. If you have sound enabled, make sure your sound card is working.
10. Try resetting your router. If that doesn't help, try connecting your PC directly to your cable/dsl modem and see if that helps.
I tried all 10 lol. None help. I know its not connection because my older p4 downstairs is on the same setup and it connects fine, and i switched this pc to the modem and still the same result. None of the dual core fixes helped either lol

Guess im gonna have to wait for SoF
Old 08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

They need to remove the 5 minute editing limit. I found this in one of my logs...

2009-08-27 15:27:26 Networking: using port [1948].
2009-08-27 15:27:26 Networking: Connection Established [1]
2009-08-27 15:27:26 WorldAuthenticate: Initiating Login.
2009-08-27 15:27:27 Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
2009-08-27 15:27:27 *** ERROR: WorldAuthenticate. My message arrival was NULL, the net has been shutdown.
2009-08-27 15:27:27 *** WorldAuthenticate. Checkpoint 3.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Scathac
Fire Beetle

Default Run taskmanager as admin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaiit View Post
The part about where you rightclick eqgame.exe under processes when I click affinity option I get an error stating access denied.
What I did was create a shortcut to taskmgr.exe. Then you can right click on the task manager shortcut, and select to run as administrator. This should get you around the access denied error.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Bellos
Hill Giant

K come to the conclusion that Emu does not support my System config for some reason or another.

Waiting till next wednesday when SoF comes
Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Daemienx
Fire Beetle

Default Finally!!

I have found my resolution to this nightmare.

I did every single step followed. I'm running Windows XP Home/SP3 currently.

I tried Runfirst.exe
I tried Set Affinity II (Set n Get)
I tried Process Explorer.

Any of those are fine to work to get your affinity set. I currently set mine to core 0.

I changed my options to run compatibility mode for Win 98/ME (haven't tried unchanging it at this time)

I also made it run in 640x480 (also haven't tried changing it)

Believe it or not, what did it for me was actually UNINSTALLING the Dual core optimizer. Now my game is flawless!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
docking
Fire Beetle

I'm running a gateway with an AMD 64. I am running Vista. I try to run the shortcut and nothing hapens. I did the optimizer with no results and the compatability settings on the shortcut. I downloaded runfirst and still nothing. Any ideas?

Michael
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM
docking
Fire Beetle

I loaded up eq on a laptop that I have and it did ok. all but the mouse not working. If I can I might just try to run it off the lap top.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

I have tailor made a tool that may help with cpu issues. It also doubles as a host editor and launcher (ie. no need for a patchme shortcut). Written in C# includes source.

Check my sig
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 AM
chushque7
Fire Beetle

Default Whole Computer crashes

I've been trying to play EQ emulator but my whole game randomly freezes anywhere from 5mins of play to 30 mins of play. I am currently running an..

Intel core 2 duo SPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz 3.17GHz
Mem = 4.00GB

On windows vista home premium

Not only does my game freeze, but my whole computer crashes and reboots. I have had minimal problems with any other new or old game.
I have tried turning of a CPU and also have tried changing the compatibility and had no luck. I also reinstalled the game once to double check. The game runs fine and pretty smooth until the whole computer stops.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Mcbaine2
Fire Beetle

Wow. Does your computer ever just do this random shut down without playing everquest?

You might have some bad RAM, which did the exact same thing my new computer did once.

Might want to take out all but one stick of RAM and see if the issue keeps appearing. That way you can keep switching out the sticks to find out which ones work. If the computer only crashes when you have that certain stick in you know its bad RAM.

Also check for any type of malware.

Try opening up your system log that will log any system crashes.
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer
Let us know if you find anything in there that might look bad.

-------EDIT-------
Make sure that your system isn't overheating also.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:49 PM
chushque7
Fire Beetle

Mcbaine2,

This is the first time my computer has crashed like this since a last summer. Other things seem to run fine. I checked out the Event viewer and couldn't find anything directly related that I am aware of. I'm not exactly sure what to look for though.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Mcbaine2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chushque7 View Post
Mcbaine2,

This is the first time my computer has crashed like this since a last summer.
So..This happens in the summer. Heat related possibly?
Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 AM
chushque7
Fire Beetle

sorry no, i got my computer last summer brand new. Hasn't crashed like that since i got it.
Closed Thread