Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::need work

Quests::need work This is where quests that are outdated or still need work

Old 08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
eq4me
Hill Giant

Default Red V Quest

Thanks to a kind soul who provided me with an unused account I was able to get some information on the half forgotten Red V Quest from Manik Compolten in Ak'Anon. First I thought it would be as simple as going in, get the chat logs and write the quest down. Unfortunately it turned out to be much more complex and I spend many hours hunting down details and prerequisite quests.
As usual this project ended up as a huge amount of logs and notes I don't have the time and energy to turn into a working quest before it becomes cryptic...
So I decided to straighten my infos a bit and dump them into this forum, in the hope that someone with more time and expertise can pick up from there.

Now here's the first part

Chat logs for the quests leading to Red V:

You say, 'Hail, Manik Compolten'
Manik Compolten says 'Greetings, young one. I am Manik Compolten, High Watchman. Are you a [new warrior] or an [experienced fighter]?'

Faction indifferent ->
Manik Compolten says 'You must show a greater allegiance to the Gemchoppers before we can speak with you. Search the hills for rogue clockworks. Captain Compolten shall accept two of their blackboxes and you shall prove your loyalty to our hall.'

Faction amiable or better ->
You say, 'I am a new warrior'
Manik Compolten says 'It is always good to see new blood amongst the Gemchoppers. I have a small task for you. Take this keycard. I will give you only one at a time. Use each to obtain blackboxes for the C series clockworks. I am sure you are familiar with the clockworks. When you are done, bring them all to me. Let me know if you need another keycard.'

You say, 'I need another keycard'
Manik Compolten says 'Here. Remember, I will give you only one keycard at a time. These keycards only work for the C series clockworks.'

Clockwork XIIC says 'Tick.. Pop.. Access granted.'
Clockwork XVIIC says 'Tick.. Pop.. Access granted.'
Clockwork XXVIC says 'Tick.. Pop.. Access granted.'
Clockwork XXVIIC says 'Tick.. Pop.. Access granted.'

Manik Compolten says 'Ah!! I see you had no problem finding all of the C series clockworks. Good work. Here. Take this blackbox. We received it from Clockwork 27C. Take it to Jogl Doobraugh. He is the operator of the only blackbox definer in Ak'Anon. He is out at the windmills checking on their operation.'

Jogl Doobraugh says 'Hellooo!! My name is Jogl, master engineer with the Eldritch Collective. And this here is Charlotte. Pay no mind to her, she won't bite unless you attack me.'
Jogl Doobraugh says 'Hmmm. Here you go. Take this log to Drekon Vebnebber. He is the in-house merchant at Gemchoppers Hall. It is his duty to file away all these logs.'

Drekon Vebnebber says 'Why, thank you. Hey!! This log indicates some messy business is going on at the scrapyard. Something happened
to a group of gnomes. They never came out!! Go check out the scrapyard! I believe the rumors of [Red 5] are true.'
(The note can also lead to the Duster Models quest, aprox. 50/50 chance)

You say, 'what about Red 5'
Drekon Vebnebber says 'Red 5 is rumored to be a haywire clockwork. They say he pieced himself back together and lives in the scrapyard. If he IS there, you must hunt him down and take his blackbox to Manik Compolten. Be careful, if Red 5 rebuilt himself, he may have rebuilt minions as well.'

You say, 'what about Red 5'
Manik Compolten says 'Red 5 is the infernal clockwork once owned by the mad gnome, Meldrath. I hear he has survived the scrap heap and
is active once more. I offer a reward to all gnome warriors for the return of Red 5's Blackbox. Perhaps even the reward of a [Bull Smasher].'

You say, 'what Bull Smasher'
Manik Compolten says 'The war hammer, Bull Smasher was crafted by our great blacksmiths and tinkers. It is not magical, but it is weighted to perform for only the short of stature. Certainly an item like Bull Smasher could only be crafted by gnomes.'

You say, 'Who is Meldrath'
Manik Compolten says 'Meldrath is the mad gnome. He used to be a member of the Eldritch Collective. Some say he lost his mind while he was working on a formula he obtained from other worlds. He used to lead the cult called the Asylum of the Mad.'

You say, 'what Asylum of the Mad'
Manik Compolten says 'The Asylum of the Mad was formed by the mad gnome, Meldrath. Under his direction, they were trying to build some giant mechanical titan. We recently sent all of our clockworks into the Steamfont Mountains to destroy their evil cult.'

You say, 'what clockworks'
Manik Compolten says 'The clockworks were developed by the Eldritch Collective. They are used as our policing force in Ak'Anon. They come in many series. The letter following their number is the series model.'

Red V says 'Click.. Inferior being. Red 5 shall exterminate.'
Red V's corpse says 'Unit will cease to function. All remaining parts of Red 5 blackbox live on. Red 5 blackbox incomplete.'

blackbox fragment -> obsolete model's corpse says 'This unit is disabled. Red 5 fragment forfeited.'
no fragment -> obsolete model says 'Click.. Inferior being. Red 5 shall exterminate.'

Manik Compolten says 'This is fabulous news!! You have done well, young one. Once you are ready for [further instruction] please let me know, I will guide you through your early and most dangerous days. When you have become more experienced in our art, I will be able to further instruct you on how to progress through your early ranks, as well as in some of the various [trades] you will have available to you.'

Well, enough for tonight. I'll post details on spawns and pathing in a few days.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Shod Foot
Fire Beetle

Default Red V Quest

Excuse my ignorance... I'm new here. Does this mean that the Red V quest does not work on *any* EQ Emu servers; Project 99 for example? That would break my poor gnome warrior's heart.

I've done this quest probably 6 or 7 times (by that I mean obtaining the Bull Smasher) throughout my EQ career. I know the quest back and forth. If I can be of service let me know.

Same with the Duster V & X quest, which does not appear to be in game either.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Jaekob
Sarnak

This quest looks completed in the PEQ quest section.

Can't attest for P1999, but an educated guess would say yes.

You can check PEQ quests at this link

http://www.peqtgc.com/quests/