Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

To keep people in the loop, got some things done. Cleaned up a lot of descriptions and made a lot of other background changes to start making it able to be pointed towards another users database. You will be able to define your server information, create users and give them permissions particular to your server. I want make it so that you can store that info and use the AllaClone all based on what you have stored. It will be designed so that it will ask you about creating a user that can read only on all of the informational tables.

As EoC was intended to have many more tools available that are interconnected, visual, easy to use and that cut down development time any way possible. Trevius and I got hit by the D3 bug quite a while ago in the middle of this, but I quit some time ago and he just had another kid.

To see the item editor itself and play with it, here is a link:

http://69.168.254.244/AllaClone/eoc/...ditItem=111821

Immediate Roadmap:
  • Automatic Item Scaling (AJAX Method)
  • Finish up editor tools for races
  • Finish up diety selector
  • Aug Type Distiller Selector
  • Aug Type selector
  • Min-Max function on Type 2 stats
  • Min-Max on Type 3
  • Icon 'Type' selector, so you can select say 'Helm' or 'Sword' and it will prepopulate icon to more easily select icons
  • Weapon Graphic Type Selector (Similar to above)
  • Faction selectors
  • Change the layout a bit

General Roadmap:
- Currently, I don't really like the layout. It should be tabular and the fields should be bigger and easier to see given it is tabular. But people should be used to the layout as it is right now. I'm going to get this functional so it can start being usable and then knock out some other tools. Though the majority of this was done in a few weekends a few months ago, it was still a pretty massive undertaking compared to say a weenie Task Editor.

Last edited by trevius; 02-20-2013 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: Corrected URL
Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Wisperin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I did some work with the quest parser and should have a more functional script as well as fresher pre-made quest includes.

I mostly just added the missing functions and methods as I found them but some of the quests require formatting changes. That diff is here: http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/quests.diff.txt

The allaclone modifications for quests are here:
http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/allaquests.tar.gz
I know I'm missing something simple with this. I've been trying for a couple of days to figure it out with no luck. I've got it working to the point where it will list the NPC quests within a zone but when i try to view the quest I just get a blank white page. Anyone have any tips?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Warking
Hill Giant

The EoC is exactly what I am looking for to help customize my server. Will there be a download release anytime?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, soon is a relative term, but I am sure we will have something ready at some point. Both Akka and I have been pretty busy IRL lately, so work has slowed down considerably. I have recently started working on EOC again and am currently making good progress on the tasks tool, but it still has a ways to go before being completed. The good part is that I am working out some solid systems that should be usable for the rest of the tools we make for it, so once tasks are done the rest should be a bit quicker.

There is definitely no kind of ETA at this point. Even on the tools that have been worked on, there is plenty left to do. And, there are a lot of tools that need to be added such as NPC editing, tradeskill editing, etc.

I will have to see what Akkadius thinks about giving out a generic username and password for our EOC dev box so people can check in on the progress so far. We have a basic login system created for it, so the tools require authentication. Once logged in, you would be able to see the tools we have enabled so far and play around with them.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

If people want, there's no reason why I can't be given Mysql information in a PM and then hard-code it to a login in the meantime. You Mysql connection needs to be view-able from the outside world.

Just keep in mind you'd be using it on a completely BETA basis and only the item editor is really functional at this point.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Tdayin
Fire Beetle

Hello all, I have started altering the alla clone to suit my specific needs. It can be seen here http://tdayinsrealm.herobo.com/index.php, needless to say a lot of it does not work on this host, i am still trying to figure out the best way to upload the database. It is a free host so it has a lot of restrictions. All the links work including the guild related ones like listing guilds, members and guild bank contents. You can create accounts from here as well and it even has a small forum for items, zones, trade-skill pages, npc's and guilds. All of the "new" features can but turned on or off with the config.php and just as soon as I figure out how to source a database that is very large into a connection that only allows 5mb, it will be a working copy. I started writing this for my offline server and decided to share what I have made so far. All credit goes to the guys that have made the alla clone in the past, my hat is off you you guys. please let me know what you think or if you can even use any of this in what you are working on now.

Thanks,
Tdayin
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Tdayin
Fire Beetle

I threw this up on a different host, everything should work now. There are still a few things that don't work properly and again this is due to the host, I had to manually source the whole database by copy pasting the sql. I missed a few things I am sure. I have to go to work now so I will work on it when I get home.

http://tdayin.p.ht/
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

How are things going with this? I notice the editor demo link is no longer available.

If there's work to be done, pm me an svn link. I'm also curious about how you would like to license your images. I know a lot of work went into capturing them, but they could be really useful in a lot of places.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
How are things going with this? I notice the editor demo link is no longer available.

If there's work to be done, pm me an svn link. I'm also curious about how you would like to license your images. I know a lot of work went into capturing them, but they could be really useful in a lot of places.
Get in coders and I can show you a link, I need to finish something up before releasing it. Been so damn busy and that is no joke.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

I got a question about this. I wasn't entirely sure where this should have been posted, but here is my question.

I have my Apache Server running with PHP as well. However, when I load the page using either /localhost/AllaClone , 10.0.0.158/AllaClone , 127.0.0.1/AllaClone, etc, the only page that seems to be popping up is the Parent Directory listing the entirety of the folders' contents.

I really love the way snippets relay the intensity of the program/webpage and would love to get it working for my database as well.

Thanks for any future responses,
~Kingmen
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 AM
trevius
Developer

Sounds like what happens when PHP (and/or maybe Apache) isn't installed or running. Since you said they are, I am not sure what the problem is offhand. Are you running it on Windows or Linux?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 AM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Sounds like what happens when PHP (and/or maybe Apache) isn't installed or running. Since you said they are, I am not sure what the problem is offhand. Are you running it on Windows or Linux?
Windows 7 Oracle VM VirtualBox

Just to be sure that PHP is running, how would I check that? Through Services?

Apache is running as I can see the monitor program in my tray.

Thanks,
~Kingmen
Old 02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

I got it.

What I did was I installed the entire package onto my Ubuntu VM and then just I just changed the config options to reflect my EQ VM and allowed permissions for anyone on my network (only) to access the AllaClone.

Here is a Screenshot of it working. I will just need to edit the following files with HTML code and make it look purty lol.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...gAllaClone.jpg

For some reason it will show up properly for my Ubuntu but for my Windows VM, it is not showing the proper background. Something I will have to figure out myself, but I just wanted to post that I got this working.

Thanks for the response Trevius.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

I have it up and running just fine. I even solved the issue of the white background (I had to replace all of http://mysite.com/blahblah to my ip), but when I am trying to figure out how to set the date on the News Page, it shows 1101300277 which translates to November 24, 2004. If I put 02242013 it says it is January 26, 1970.

How do I know what number to put for the date?

~Kingmen
Old 02-21-2013, 04:28 AM
trevius
Developer

I don't think we messed with the news page, but that number you are referring to is a unix timestamp. You can do the conversions for that here:

http://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php