Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

Default My Etherdark Review

This server is very fun. So far i have had a blast on it. The people are very kind and willing to help if you arent an a55hole. The server is currrently new, and has a very touchy feel to classic. No aa's until the expansion aa's are actually supposed to come out on, and tons of people dedicated to playing on the server and progressing on it.

So come join the fun!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Rathora
Fire Beetle

I'd play but it seems that every time I actually get a level 50 who is well-equipped, the server disappears and never returns to the light of day. CKV and complexity are 2 examples.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
kiirdiir
Sarnak

Ascent, for a third, being a progression server that went down suddenly with no warning or explanation, and unanswered emails, to the small community that built around it.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

Yeah this server is progressing way to fast. Im making my own progression server so far i have everything set up. Just need more ram so hosting will go smoothe, ordering more tonight, peace.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
swank nightmare
Fire Beetle

complexity isn't gone. If you go to the forums Honch said it will be back up in early August, following some computer repair.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:28 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I have hosted Tess (now the MT:R server) for 2 straight years, but most people do not care to play it because it is stock-EQ. I won't do custom content, and don't allow 20x xpz insta-50 lazy ass game play. But it's there if anyone wants a server that ain't going away. For that matter, there's always TGC.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:45 PM
xexllama
Sarnak

This server is great, the post got a bit side-tracked.

Etherdark offers a genuine 'hands off' experience, if you don't like GM's all up in your business, this is the server for you.

Your pretty much set loose to accomplish what you can. The experience is good enough that you can get to 60 in one LONG grind (if your good and dedicated), but it takes most people a few days. The rules from expansions apply, like no new graphics until Luclin. NO aa's until Luclin. No Map (Unless in cities) till LoY (I think its LoY? or was it GoD?). Anyhow you get the point. As an added bonus, an NPC is placed in-game who will fable-lize certain items, aka Efreeti Boots become Fabled Efreeti Boots.

As far as content goes, Velious has been open a week and has had a lot of it done, but theres still plenty left before Luclin comes live.

So if your looking for a progression server, thats progressing and has as a bare minimum of GM interference (except for problems that arise etc etc) give Etherdark a try!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Richardo
Banned

Thumbs up

Sounds like a nice server!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
kiirdiir
Sarnak

I decided to give it a shot- does anyone know what's with Velious being out before Kunark? I see level 60's on but I can not make an iksar.

Is there a homepage or forums for this server? I wouldn't mind seeing some roots to ease my fears of it disappearing with no word.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:49 AM
xexllama
Sarnak

etherdark.com

Velious is out, we opened it shortly after arriving on the server. We are working toward Luclin now.

Iksar should work, as I have a Iksar monk and sham both lv60.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.