Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter
how can i get to your server's version?
..My version is the same as most..
Old 03-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Skooter
Fire Beetle

alright...but i cant get to it because im updated to far
Old 03-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Skooter
Fire Beetle

you're server is messed up or somethin. whenever i try to join, it says Error String not found...
Old 03-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

String error isn't error from server but from your clients files...
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default What the???

Holy crap! I was just on my server and noticed that even green cons attack!!
I had that problem before on my test server when using same DB but 6.4 version. Hmm??? Something must have changed in DB or something when I changed from the DarkRogue 6.3 version to Devs release 6.3 version during the experiment.

This is really strange..I may lock the server for awhile while I try to sort things out..That should not be happening..I may have to use a backup DB from a few weeks ago...

EDIT>>> Oh..If I do have to use the backup I will update accounts and inventory and stuff so I dont think anyone will lose anything..Maybe whats in the bank if anyone even uses the bank..

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 03-28-2006 at 05:15 PM..
Old 03-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Well I reverted back to 6.2 and its working..Maybe I changed the zone.exe in that folder or something..Usually I rename the original first but there was none..
OK anyway Im back up on 6.2DR1 From Dark Rogue Productions for now..
Old 09-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Im Back!

OK..I was busy for a while making some editing tools for another game and Ive got those ready for release so Im gonna have time to put Forbidden_Zone back online.
I think this time Im gonna go for a "Classic PEQ" type server...That means I wanna make it just like PEQ was when I first started playing on it..So think back to how PEQ was a year or so ago and thats my goal!
I wanna upgrade to 7.0 so I think all the accounts will have to be deleted but at least this time I wont have to try to upgrade all the time..
I see that some people have been doing what I was trying to do before..Thats combining PEQ database with cavedudes..If that can work Ill do that but if it interferes with the PEQ spawns I dont want it..

So now I have alot of work to do figuring out how 7.0 works..

It will be a few weeks yet..
Old 10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I would run cavdedudes installer - it makes the upgrade much easier, then source in some of the newer databases out there...

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-11-2006, 03:00 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS
I would run cavdedudes installer - it makes the upgrade much easier, then source in some of the newer databases out there...

GeorgeS
Yeap. I already did that and it crashed upon zoning so I decided to just go linux and hope I have no crashes. I had 6.2 running with very few crashes but Im dreaming of 7.0 on linux with no crashes if there is such a thing.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Im Back!

Finally got busy this last week or so and Im up and running on Linux Debian Sarge!! The database(peq 6.6) I ended up using does not have pok but thats OK as I want to customize it and the others that arent popped. The quests files are Cavedudes but if some-one wants me to change to peq for a certain zone I will try to do it.
I made a custom item for noobs..Its not uber but it will keep a noob from dying..I replaced the glooming deep lantern with the new item in the starting items so everyone should get it. Nodrops are disabled or should be. XP is increased. #zone allowed...Im going to have merchants that sell good stuff! I mean all kinds of good stuff!!

OK..So the New name is ForbiddenZone and it will be locked for awhile so I can make some changes..Seeya..
Old 04-17-2007, 06:46 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
Yeap. I already did that and it crashed upon zoning so I decided to just go linux and hope I have no crashes. I had 6.2 running with very few crashes but Im dreaming of 7.0 on linux with no crashes if there is such a thing.
there is, within reason. my linux server never crashes (has uptime measured in monthes). the only crashes i've seen were "known" issues with zone that have mostly been fixed in the last couple monthes by the truly dedicated devs.

== sfisque
Old 04-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

And thats the next thing I need to do is update to the latest release..Im using the same version 0.7.0-854 as the new linux tutorial..I notice it still have the Showowknight harm touch bug. I know what to do now..I study linux and know many commands beyond what is noted in the linux tutorials on this sight. Ive been up for 2 or 3 days zoning around and no crashes!
Ive been running a windows server as a test and have had a few crashes but not like back in 6.2 days..The windows server is same version as my linux so I would guess the updated version(windows) is even more stable.
Anyway..I had no problems setting it up with Debian Sarge.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Server Unlocked!

OK..Im unlocking ForbiddenZone for a while..I spawned tutorial zone and there are Merchants however they dont sell the uber items yet. But they might sell good enough stuff to get a noob going. GMs are also spawned there. Im not nearly done with this zone. The Forbidden Amulet is uber enough for a noob anyway.
Thanks!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Bazaar Finished..

OK..I finished spawning Bazaar..Its the old bazaar so you have to rename the new bazaar files(bazaar.eqg)to something like bazaar1.eqg...Now...Usually thats all you have to do but I think Titanium CDs dont come with the old bazaar file(bazaar.s3d). There fore if you dont have it you will have to find it somewhere. Dont ask here! EQEMU do not support the trading of copywrited files. Note that you are gonna want the old bazaar files as the new bazar is very lame! I guess it was made to eliminate lag somewhat as the number of players grew on live. Since there is no way to have that many players on eqemu theres no reason to use new bazaar unless its something like PEQ is doing and one is trying to remain as close to live as possible.

On another note..Im making the merchantlists right now and when I figure what the prices of these items will be there will be merchants with changed lists so keep checking the tutorial merchants for new items! Its going to change and keep changing! All the mobs in my custom zones and merchants items lists will revolve and change throughout the life of the server..
The only stuff I wont change is the original PEQ zones except that I will add merchants and bankers in some of them..

Also...So far while running my server with Debian Sarge I have had no crashes and no issues loging in!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default 2 ideas..Something different!

I have 2 ideas Im planning on implementing..

1: I want to be a Dungeon Master like when I played D&D some 25 years ago.
So if I can get enough players to play at same time I want to use an empty zone and spawn mobs on the fly with one time drops! This way I can control gameplay somewhat and an adventure is a one time experience!
Can someone say Baron Sukemvit!

2: I want to use a zone like tacvi and make it a Raid zone for noobs! It will take at least 5 noob players to survive. So if a group of friends get bored grinding on another server they can take a break..Raid for an hour or 2 and end up level 15+ or so and with plenty of cash.

Bonus!! I figured out what models are used in powar so this will be a solo level for noobs! Should take at least twice as long as tacvi raid zone to reach same level.