Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Forbidden_Zone<Dr_Zauis>

Woot! My first day of testing my Server in public mode seems to be a success!
To all the people who logged in and were booted while entering starzones:
Please try again..I will keep the server up until Monday morning. I will try to keep the server open on weekends till I get the parts for my new box. Then server will be up 24/7!
OK heres a description of what I want my server to be about.
Semi-Legit. But able to zone to almost any zone. If anything I wont allow the closest zones to be zoned to(Gotta make a use for POK stones if I can add them to this new DB).
Custom zones including zones made with Openzone.
Items normally not available to players. Maybe custom items later!

OK..So Im still very new to Eqemu and the game itself so please be gentle
if I dont know half of what im doing.
If anyone has any problems please PM me for the time being. i will be glad to help.

Finally I would like to say thanks to all! A speciall thanks to all who have helped me get this going! Tutorial writers included!

Well time to make a few adjustments before restarting again.

Oh! And for those of you who may want to log in....
Forbidden_Zone is a 0.6.2DR1 Server on port 5998
Old 09-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

If you have custom zones from OpenZone you will want to host a download that downloads the needed files (the files you overwrited when you made the custom zones). If you do not do this your server will be a failure...
Old 09-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlife Treestrider
If you have custom zones from OpenZone you will want to host a download that downloads the needed files (the files you overwrited when you made the custom zones). If you do not do this your server will be a failure...
Yep! I understand. But what is this word failure? I have no concept of failure LOL! Its keep trying till I get it right.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Next Weekend.

Well dudes..The weekend is over so my Server will be locked for the week. I will do it again for ya next week.

OK to all the people that have been getting booted off and not able to get in! Sorry Sorry Sorry! I dont know why..My Sister and Niece are getting in and playing for hours with no probs..Some others are getting too but I havent seen too many playing much..I think there is a bug that sometimes keeps a player on after they go linkdead or something..

I see I have 26 characters now in my DB..That means alot are getting booted
while trying to startzone for first time so I figure that happen 99% of the time. If you try once please try twice as I have had to do that myself.

OK...Again..Thankyou all for trying..Im getting a dedicated server set up to make this much better than my old test it to see if it works crap.

But it is working..Oh..BTW Im going to make Dulaks Harbor a noob zone so If I can get it somewhat populated this week I will open the zone for weekend.

EDIT>>And for those of you who have tried more than once or twice to get in this weekend..I know who you are HeHe...If you get in I will make you a level 35 or something..

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 09-18-2005 at 01:16 AM..
Old 09-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Kaotikk
Fire Beetle

Who wants to play on a crappy server that isn't up for weeks on end? I know, I dont.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotikk
Who wants to play on a crappy server that isn't up for weeks on end? I know, I dont.
You are totally missing the point! I didnt even expect to open for public use..Im using 6.2 wich is brand new..Im running my server on a personal comp right now but have new hardware in the rack in the other room...ect..ect..

But I will remember you said that to me..And I will keep watching these so called good servers and see if they are still there next year. And we will see If Im still there or not. And If my server is down for any amount of time after I transfer to the new harware.

Oh..And thanks for not playing on my server! I dont I need people with attitudes such as yours taking advantantage of all my hard work.

EDIT>>Er..Sorry..Maybe I took to much offense to your comment. You are right. Im working on that.

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 09-19-2005 at 03:05 PM..
Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Thumbs up

I'm think like you dr Zauis
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:14 AM
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
You are totally missing the point! I didnt even expect to open for public use..Im using 6.2 wich is brand new..Im running my server on a personal comp right now but have new hardware in the rack in the other room...ect..ect..

But I will remember you said that to me..And I will keep watching these so called good servers and see if they are still there next year. And we will see If Im still there or not. And If my server is down for any amount of time after I transfer to the new harware.

Oh..And thanks for not playing on my server! I dont I need people with attitudes such as yours taking advantantage of all my hard work.

EDIT>>Er..Sorry..Maybe I took to much offense to your comment. You are right. Im working on that.

Dr Zauis, if he doesnt want to play on your server I believe you should be happy. Some attitudes are so indicative of what's wrong with the world these days!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:29 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Gee..Thanks you guys for your support..I guess when you have to work so hard to get something going it gets kinda personal..

Anyway..I had intended to open my server last weekend but the perlzone thing came out and I was playing with that. And then I decided to compile myself and to my surprise had no problems once I included zlib.

But what I really want to say is that I have my "real" server going now and I am in the process of installing whats needed for the emu. So maybe not this weekend but very soon Forbidden_Zone will be up and open on a 24/7 basis!

Maybe my server is not nearly as exotic as some I have read on these forums but its not a PC with eqgame/ect.. running in background either. Should be very stable.(Redundant pwr supplies. Redundant RAID. 1gig ram. AMD 1700+)
Old 10-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Server Up!

OK..Forbidden_Zone is up on a dedicated system now.And open to public!

Semilegit server but able to #zone to any zone. I used Cavedudes DB alot in making my own DB. However there are problems with spawns on the old zones. But one can still play them. No perl at this time. Once you reach level 4 or 5 then Dulak has some skellys spawned with Citymist loot on them.

This is a custom Server created by me for me as a work of art and nothing else. Also the hardware created as a hobby with stability and uptime of ut most importance. Thanks!

EDIT>> I have decided to allow ability to summon item! Im going to try to make a new DB that is correct in its pathing. I intend to use the new DB as legit. I will use this one for fun on Weekends maybe.

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 10-11-2005 at 01:44 AM..
Old 10-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default New Spawns!

Update! I changed all mob spawns to Cavedudes new DB! We have roaming mobs in luclin zones! I added tutorialb spawns from JimmOthy! Im using the zone.exe from Server Pack2! Quests enabled now! Guards are working somewhat so be carefull! All new toons start in tutorialb now..

These are all changes made to the Nonlegit Server. Wich is now pretty close to how my Semi-legit Server will be.
For those of you who have been playing Nonlegit dont worry there are no other changes..Your toons should be the same as before.(except level cap is 70 now I believe.)
I should be going Semi-legit in a few days but I will run Nonlegit on weekends or every other weekend. Same DB so the work you have done so far will not be lost!
Thanks Jimm0thy! Thanks Cavedude and Dark Rogue Productions for SP2!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:13 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Going Semi-Legit!

Hi..Server will be locked and up and down for a day or so while I set up and test the Semi-Legit version..Again..Non-Legit will be back on the weekend.

Im very pleased with the amount of players I have been getting..Im not so pleased with my Cablemodem connection but its all I have to work with.

For the Semi-Legit I intend to add alot of items not normally available but it will take a while for that. Suffice to say it will be as fun as non-legit when Im done!

Thanks...Doctor..
Old 10-18-2005, 04:54 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default 13th floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
Hi..Server will be locked and up and down for a day or so while I set up and test the Semi-Legit version..Again..Non-Legit will be back on the weekend.

Im very pleased with the amount of players I have been getting..Im not so pleased with my Cablemodem connection but its all I have to work with.

For the Semi-Legit I intend to add alot of items not normally available but it will take a while for that. Suffice to say it will be as fun as non-legit when Im done!

Thanks...Doctor..
Are you running 6.2 ? you seem to have a lot of issues.. i mean your Server

www.cheaterz.info
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

No..It all works great right now. Except clients outside my modem will sometimes not connect. Others have a perfect connection though. Havent had any complaints. But yes Im using 6.2 and cant use the zoneperl at all from it..Im using server pack-2 zone.exe and that loads some quests crap wich works OK for me..I was just adding a cd writer to the machine while I was setting up my Semi-legit stuff.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Back to Nonlegit!

OK..We are back to Nonlegit for the weekend..This is the only time Im announcing the change so come Monday or Tuesday if my server say Semilegit then I changed again..So the Nonlegit as it says now is Forbidden_Zone<Dr_Zauis>

OK..I also wanted to say I didnt get too many players while Semilegit but I got a few things done and Noobs are able to get some powerful stuff for free
right off the bat. Or in this case off the Merchant in tutorialb. Its also possible to trade your noob weapon for a Big Soul Devourer so Semilegit?? Nonlegit?? May not be very different..At first anyway!