Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I started actually playing and looking for issues this morning and noticed something. It appears their is a small problem going x64 that I would not had thought would pop up. Guilds are not working. I managed to copy / paste the error.

Code:
[Debug] [GUILDS__ERROR] Error loading guild member list 'SELECT c.id,c.name,
c.class,c.level,c.timelaston,c.zoneid, g.guild_id,g.rank,g.tribute_enable,g.total_tribute,
g.last_tribute, g.banker,g.public_note,g.alt FROM vwBotCharacterMobs AS c LEFT JOIN 
vwGuildMembers AS g ON c.id=g.char_id AND c.mobtype = g.mobtype  WHERE g.guild_id=1': 

#1267: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
Unable to get raid id, char not found!
[Quest] Unable to read perl file 'quests/nexus/player_v0.pl'
Loading file quests/items/CHRMFewContainers.pl
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Doing some reading this has to do with collation sets I guess. I checked and my tables appear to be a mix of latin_swedish_ci and utf8_general. I am not sure what changed or got messed up going from Debian 5 x32 to Debian 6 x64. I did the dump with mysqldump and imported it back in like I would normally do. I am going to go ahead and change this table. What should all of the tables be guys ? utf8 right ?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:20 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Well I got it by converting it all to UTF8 with HeidiSQL using the bulk editor. Not sure if this will cause a problem in the future, maybe someone with more MySQL can answer that. Strange thing though, Heidi converted one of the views into a table so I had to recreate the guild view.