Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
cubber
Discordant

Default Titanium and Wine

Has anyone had any luck since wine made it past 1.0?

I just tried installing the titanium client again and am still having the no model issue. I can get into the game fine and run around, set all my options and interact with the other "ghosts" in the world, just no models. It has to be a d3d.dll file that needs to be set as native or something?

The only other issue I can see is that I need to play it in windowed mode otherwise the mouse gets trapped in the center of the screen and I can only move it in a small 2" x 2" box.

Anyway I figured I would beat on this dead horse a bit more and if anyone cares to join me I would love some help to try to finally solve this one.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
jenco420
Banned

I never had much luck with wine and titanium but Cedega runs it with no issues except for lag when in windowed mode.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:43 PM
cubber
Discordant

gah cedega... I tried that once it was more of a headache than anything, and I could never get eq to work with it without the same no model issue. This was probably about 6 months ago or so, and my subscription ran out.

I see over at wineHQ they marked live as gold so I take it that that the newest version of EQ works fine in wine.

Maybe I will give cedega cvs a shot, since I do not want to get into thier subscription thing again.

Edit: scratch that I just read somewhere that cedega cvs has not been updated for quite a long time.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:31 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default vid card

mabey use a differnt vid card?? just a though
Old 12-14-2008, 11:50 AM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

Your problem is your lack of an NVidia graphics card. Most likely you have an ATI, which, unfortunately, has the worst linux driver's in the goddamn world.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:51 PM
cubber
Discordant

It is a laptop that has an nvidia card, I only use nvidia =)

laptop specs:

CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 2.53G
Screen 15.4" WSXGA+
Memory Size 4GB DDR2
Hard Disk 500GB - 2 (250G 7200RPM in Raid 0)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS
Video Memory 512MB DDR3

Running Gentoo Linux AMD64 version with Wine 1.1.10 and nvidia-drivers version 177.82

I am using xfce4 desktop with a user account set up just for gaming with compositing and desktop effects turned off.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:15 AM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

The wine website has a .dll you can DL to fix the model issue.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:22 AM
cubber
Discordant

I tried that .dll right after I installed the game and it did not work. I belive that .dll is for the newer live client.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 AM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

Dunno then, I use Cedega and it runs fine on mine.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:29 AM
cubber
Discordant

I have a copy of crossover games maybe I will give that a shot before I jump into another cedega subscription. Wish I saved my old cedega binaries, however they never worked for my anyway. Must be newer versions.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Prefader
Fire Beetle

I have Titanium working with wine, but I had to patch & recompile wine for it to work. From the bug report on the appdb page for EQ:

Quote:
So while we wait for a dev answer about this the 'fix' that replaces the prior
'HOWTO' is as follows:

Add this line:

pCaps->MaxVertexBlendMatrices=0x4;

In file:

(your wine source directory)/dlls/d3d9/device.c

At function:

IDirect3DDevice9Impl_GetDeviceCaps(LPDIRECT3DDEVIC E9 iface, D3DCAPS9* pCaps)

Before returning (return hrc, line 176 (as of 0.9.55)

Build wine as usual and happy Everquesting
"Works For Me". HTH!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:13 AM
cubber
Discordant

hmm I will have to give this a shot. Does it affect other games you have running under wine. I also run WoW and a few others. So I would want to make sure they still all work if I patched.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I've been fooling with this all afternoon, used to use Cedega, but really have no need for it other than to play EQ, and Cedega really doesn't support Everquest anymore - it just so happens they did at one time, so it still 'half-assed' works ( I never could get all the pixel shader-versions to work, and it was slow and choppy).
With Wine, I got all the way to the point where I get in the game but have no characters or NPCs.
this link helped a lot too.
I think my problem is the Eq Client does not see my Video card properly , as it as listed as 'Hal', which must be a 'filler' when nothing else is found.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:47 AM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

Default Crossover or Cedega

both can be found on the net if you'll look you'll find them 80)
i have used both on xandros and ubunto linux system and had no problems running eq on them . i liked cedega until i looked at my credit card and found out the billing wouldn't stop so i had to tell the bank i lost my credit card and wanted a new number problem solved 80) i have both the newest version of cedega and crossover pro version plus older versions as well.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
cubber
Discordant

Are you currently playing titanium on the newer version of crossover?

I have crossover games 7.1.2 that I can try. Anything special you had to to do get it to work or just install and play?