Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-29-2021, 08:58 PM
bensonmcmoran
Fire Beetle

Default Unable to Access DoN Tasks Unless Flagged as GM

Hello all. Hoping someone can provide some advice on a problem I am having with DoN content on my server. 2 weeks ago I setup a new Windows Eqemu server just for a few friends and myself to play around on. Used the server install and instructions from here: https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...lation-windows. The install went fairly smooth and we have been playing on the server daily for the past 2 weeks. All of us are using the RoF2 client.

We are currently trying to check out the Dragons of Norrath content which is new to us. After getting the faction that is supposed to be required, we try to hail NPC "Officer Sirrikis Ryktor (Dark Reign Tasks)" to start a task, however the NPC to just turns to face us but does not provide a response nor does he show the task selection window. After searching the forums and coming up empty I did some investigation into the quest script for this NPC (/quests/lavastorm/Officer_Sirrikis_Ryktor.lua). The script is listed below for reference.

Code:
function event_say(e)
    local is_gm = (e.other:Admin() > 80 and e.other:GetGM());
	if (eq.is_current_expansion_lost_dungeons_of_norrath() or is_gm) then

if(e.message:findi("hail")) then
			local DRF=e.other:GetFactionLevel(e.other:GetID(), e.self:GetID(), e.other:GetBaseRace(), e.other:GetClass(), e.other:GetDeity(), 1021, e.self);
			if (DRF <= 5) then
				e.self:Say("Perhaps you will find a path to the higher ranks of the Dark Reign -- a place I'm sure I shall find myself someday... someday.");
				if (DRF <=4) then
					eq.task_selector({292, 293, 307, 295, 299, 300, 302 ,304 ,306});           
				else
					eq.task_selector({307, 295, 306});
				end         
			else
				e.self:Say("You can probably go try to speak to the Dark Reign for work.  I've got nothing for you.");
			end
		end
	end
end
The first "if" statement appears to require either LDoN as a currently enabled expansion or have the GM flag on in order to advance onto the next "if" statement which is where the NPC should provide 1 of the other 3 responses. So I flagged myself with the "#GM on" command and tried hailing the NPC again. This time I got a chat message response from the NPC and the task selection window with 3 tasks to choose from. This has brought me to the conclusion that the script is not passing the 1st "if" statement check requirement for having the LDoN expansion enabled. I then proceed to inspect the database tables for the enabled expansion settings. Forum and web searches regarding the database expansion settings and bitmask values provide a lot of contradicting information, however I am using https://docs.eqemu.io/server/categor...nsion-bitmasks to obtain the expansion bitmasks and IDs and I am following post #7 from user "Baltros101" located here http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43259 for instructions on how to use the bitmask values and the locations for them in the database. I choose this form post to follow simply because it was the most recent I could find. So the default values regarding the expansions found in my database are listed below and if I'm understanding correctly should have all expansions enabled up to UF.

Original DB Settings
Code:
Table: variables | Row: rule_name=Expansions | Row: rule_value= 65535 (This complete row was actually not missing, I had to add it)
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=Bots:BotExpansionSettings | Row: rule_value= 65535 (The notes row indicates that the default value enables all expansions up to TSS. However this value seems to indicate UF)
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=Expansion:CurrentExpansion | Row: rule_value= -1 (The notes row indicates that this value equals all expansions)
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=World:ExpansionSettings | Row: rule_value= 65535 (The notes row indicates that the default value enables all expansions up to TSS. However this value seems to indicate UF)
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings | Row: rule_value= true

I have also tried the settings below to in attempt to enable all expansions which is preferred. Server was stopped and restarted after making changes to the database to ensure they were loaded.

Current DB Settings
Code:
Table: variables | Row: rule_name=Expansions | Row: rule_value= 524287
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=Bots:BotExpansionSettings | Row: rule_value= 524287
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=Expansion:CurrentExpansion | Row: rule_value= -1
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=World:ExpansionSettings | Row: rule_value= 524287
Table: rule_values | Row: rule_name=World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings | Row: rule_value= false

Am I overlooking some settings to enable all expansions? Am I correct that the NPC issue appears to be an expansion setting? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Sorry for the lengthy post, tried to provide as much information as I could.