Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:40 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Public Server List - 2010

Sorry for the nostalgic moments i am having, but I run into a couple things from back in 2010, when i first joined up with this hobby of headaches.

First pic is an old post 2010 server list, which you can view the thread here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...1&postcount=19

The thread was started, because (are you ready for this one ?), they were having problems with the public login server. It was kind of kewl to compare that list with the current one, which some of those servers, even 2 on the white list are still here. AXCLASSIC being one of them. Much respect for that one holding on for all these years, without getting caught up in the drama of "population" obssession.

This second pic is my first support post, back in Oct/2010, a total newb going through the trials and tribulations of learning how to compile the source code, etc. Ironicly, I still have my first (complete) server on my windows box here, which still runs good, except the quests won't work unless I install some older perl and junk to go with those old binaries. I've used some of the data from that server to incorporate into my Ever Luclin project. Almost 11 years now, but there's some old dinosaurs that have been around, years before I came along.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:53 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Ayyy, Specialty's Dev Server

This screenshot was shortly after I got deployed and my new admins hosed everything. I remember trying to get things back online from the desert with basically less-than-56k speeds. We also ran the AXCLassic DB and Bots back then.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:10 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Ayyy, Specialty's Dev Server

This screenshot was shortly after I got deployed and my new admins hosed everything. I remember trying to get things back online from the desert with basically less-than-56k speeds. We also ran the AXCLassic DB and Bots back then.
Ahh, ok, I love to learn this stuff. I think it would benefit newcomers to browse around and learn some history of the whole emu project. Some might think it's useless info, but that's like starting a career in politics and not even knowing who the first POTUS was. haha
Old 08-14-2021, 02:02 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I was curious. If one enters the url, like this one below, on the end it shows worldid=1 which leads to an old server info page for a server called Pyrotek's LiveEQ Test. So obviously, you can continuously change that number to an ascending value, (2, 3,4 and so on) and view various old, or current server info pages. Does that "1" value mean it was the first registered server and everything else was assigned the next value, as they came in ? Another example, change the number to 11 and see the original Raid Addicts page, or change to number to 12 and see the old Winter's Roar - Trail of Tears page.

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...info&worldid=1
Old 08-16-2021, 12:22 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I was curious. If one enters the url, like this one below, on the end it shows worldid=1 which leads to an old server info page for a server called Pyrotek's LiveEQ Test. So obviously, you can continuously change that number to an ascending value, (2, 3,4 and so on) and view various old, or current server info pages. Does that "1" value mean it was the first registered server and everything else was assigned the next value, as they came in ? Another example, change the number to 11 and see the original Raid Addicts page, or change to number to 12 and see the old Winter's Roar - Trail of Tears page.

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...info&worldid=1

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...nfo&worldid=31

Scorpious2k. So seems like it. PEQ is 55

Like these two examples though, I bet a lot of the older servers still have the same IDs.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:38 AM
jabedoben
Sarnak

Last World =(
Old 08-16-2021, 10:19 AM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Akka's Funhouse...
Last World...

Nostalgia trip.