Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Orange1
Fire Beetle

Default Age Of The Dead (Coming Soon)

Excited about launching this server in the next couple weeks. Here's the concept:

-Seven Professions in addition to whichever class you choose - each with three unique powerful skills for taking the fight to the dead:

-Stalker (emphasis on stealth)
-Archon (emphasis on healing/curing)
-Vanguard (emphasis on protection)
-Timeweaver (emphasis on slows)
-Nightblade (emphasis on physical dmg)
-Battlemage (emphasis on DD and AE magic dmg)
-Diviner (emphasis on crowd control and stuns)

-Max Level 40
-Quests - Various quests for items, spells, AA's, and select skills.
-Limited spells/items/skills. No scribers or skill trainers.
-Travel to newer zones and travel to old zones that have been overrun by the dead. (using newer zones mostly)
-Solo friendly (most everything can be solo, but grouping will always be faster)

Lore:

It seemed to happen all of a sudden. One minute we were traveling through the Plane of Knowledge, when screams of agony and shouts of alarm filled the air. It quickly became clear that the undead were swarming the entire place. We stood our ground as long as we could, slaying them by the hundreds. Still they pressed on.

Fortune was with us. The dead had backed us into the Freeport Portal Stone. We turned, activated the portal, and fled to safety. Or so we thought...

Upon entering Freeport, we found a city overrun by all manner of dead. Zombies feasting on corpses. Wights draining the life from others. Skeleton archers raining down death from above.

All we could do was run. Since the flow of dead seemed to be coming from the main gates, we ran through the city towards the docks. We lost three of our friends along the way, but we simply could not afford to slow down until we made it to the docks.

We made it. Just as one of the last boats was about to cast off, we leaped to the deck, much of our armor, weapons, and supplies splashing into the waters below. We were greeted by other refugees who seemed as stunned as we were at this sudden catastrophe.

In the following nights, meetings were held. Plans were made. Some form of hope was established, even if they were just dreams against the unknown...Handfuls of "ifs" and "maybe's". Still, it was the first night of real rest we had gotten since our exodus.

We awoke to waves crashing over the deck and screams of skilled sailors attempting to keep the ship afloat...To no avail. As the boards broke and the waters surrounded us, we thought surely this was the end.

Xev was with us as we washed up on the shores of Blacksail Folly some days later. The dead had beat us there, but we eluded them and found an old pirate den where set up camp.

As the days have passed, people and supplies have washed ashore. We have established a community here. We have traders and skill trainers. We even have a makeshift bank. And only recently, a great wizard showed up allowing us limited transportation abilities. We are now in a place where we can begin to fight this plague and take back what is rightfully ours!

Old 10-04-2015, 07:44 PM
ak48
Sarnak

It says here that it will be launching in a couple weeks, that was about 2 months ago. I have seen this server up, but locked. Is there any progress report?
Old 10-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Orange1
Fire Beetle

Been meaning to update this post. Server is still coming along. I was a little too optimistic originally. I was just going to release something quick and then fix everything as it went, but as the vision took shape, I decided to make sure it's all put together tightly before it's open. I hate to put another ETA on here, so I'll just update that later when it's more concrete. Right now it could be end of the month or Christmas. Just depends. All quests are in and all paths have been completed. I just need to do some more balancing and add in the trade skills.

As an update though:

I decided to eliminate the Vanguard path and merged the Diviner into the TimeWeaver path. I added an Engineer path (Six paths total now) that will be a pet class focusing primarily on trade skills with little added advantage in any other area (except pet of course).

Maximum level is now 35 with a plan in place to raise it to 45 sometime later. Each path now has 4 unique powers. A fifth will be introduced once the level cap is raised.

Also - Almost every single AA is available for each class. AA's are earned through quests (Path/Daily/Storyline). This will allow for even more customization. Some AA's have been taken out for balance reasons and in cases where they clash with paths. For instance: The only characters with ITU will be Stalkers, so all AA and spells that grant ITU have been removed.

Right now the server is hard. For example: Just because you can get your first path quest at level 5 doesn't mean you will complete it at level 5. The low drop rates and the lack of equipment and armor makes even exping a challenge. The exp is slow, yet not terrible. But the death penalty is harsh. Players finding the balance between playing it safe or no guts no glory will be a challenge.

Thanks for being patient. I'm excited to get it going. I'll update a little more often as it develops.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Skittz1
Fire Beetle

This sounds fun, I'm happy to hear you're still working on it! Will you allow boxing / MQ2to help box?

Either way, I'll be checking it out when you release it, this sounds like it'll be a lot of fun . Hit me up if you ever need someone to help beta test some things!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:25 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

If you can box more than 2, or add bots, many people will look the other way.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Orange1
Fire Beetle

We're keeping it simple. It's one per IP and MQ2 is allowed but stuff like warp and macro's are not. With the server being heavy on lore and quests, it works best this way.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:05 AM
phorest
Sarnak

it's your sandbox. but form a player's perspective - Hard servers with low populations aren't fun when you can't box 1 alt.. You'd have a high population of solo classes. No melees because they can't solo, and finding a group on a server with a population of 12 sucks when you have run everywhere .
Old 10-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Orange1
Fire Beetle

Good feedback.

The server is designed to be solo for the most part. The "hard" part of the server is actually more from the minimalist aspect of the storyline. Weapons and spells and gear are "hard" to come by and from the death penalty/slow exp rate aspect.

The path abilities and availability of almost all class AA's are designed to make players into heroes in a fallen world. I want players to feel powerful but not invincible. Even cons and blues will be soloable, albeit not easily. I'm hoping to keep it so that duoing is sought after, but soloing is still an option. That being said, everything should be doable and even somewhat easy in groups of two.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

Couldn't find it in the server list?