Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Have fun buddy, i hope your server exceeds expectations, but with this type of attitude i think it may dwindle before anything.

Maze, ♡
Old 01-20-2016, 08:17 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

I think it's time to roll things back a bit and everyone take a nice calming breath.

Better now?

Huppy, a couple of things. First about the post of mine which you quoted. If you think about it, both of the things I mention are of more interest to a server op than to a player. Especially the second one. I admit to fishing a bit to see if anyone was actually interested in these changes. As you can see, no one was.

"Back in the day" my server was the test bed for my code changes. I tested things there first, then moved them into the EQEmu source (back then I was trusted with access to the repository) so if you wanted to see what I was working on, what was coming, you could pop onto my server and check it out.

I have a website. I think it's fairly nice. It's at http://scorpious2k.tk I use it to communicate changes and bug problems with our players. I feel that no one who isn't on our server would want to read that. Just my opinion.

I think the problem is that you don't realize there are a lot of us who read every message on here. We look for people who have a problem where we can help. We look for new ideas, things we can fix and ways we can make things better. I'm sure you can understand how some can become frustrated when they see posts that they believe are fluff or just blatant attempts to bump their server related posts. I'm not saying that's what you did, only that it could be perceived that way.

Is it possible some people over reacted? Seriously? It's the freaking internet, of course it's possible. More like probable. Don't take it personally.

And everyone chill.

Or I'll come back and ramble some more!
Old 01-20-2016, 12:07 PM
phorest
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
I think it's time to roll things back a bit and everyone take a nice calming breath.

Better now?

Huppy, a couple of things. First about the post of mine which you quoted. If you think about it, both of the things I mention are of more interest to a server op than to a player. Especially the second one. I admit to fishing a bit to see if anyone was actually interested in these changes. As you can see, no one was.

"Back in the day" my server was the test bed for my code changes. I tested things there first, then moved them into the EQEmu source (back then I was trusted with access to the repository) so if you wanted to see what I was working on, what was coming, you could pop onto my server and check it out.

I have a website. I think it's fairly nice. It's at http://scorpious2k.tk I use it to communicate changes and bug problems with our players. I feel that no one who isn't on our server would want to read that. Just my opinion.

I think the problem is that you don't realize there are a lot of us who read every message on here. We look for people who have a problem where we can help. We look for new ideas, things we can fix and ways we can make things better. I'm sure you can understand how some can become frustrated when they see posts that they believe are fluff or just blatant attempts to bump their server related posts. I'm not saying that's what you did, only that it could be perceived that way.

Is it possible some people over reacted? Seriously? It's the freaking internet, of course it's possible. More like probable. Don't take it personally.

And everyone chill.

Or I'll come back and ramble some more!
*inserting Facebook style **LIKE** here*
Old 01-20-2016, 12:42 PM
joligario
Developer

No one is forced to read every thread, and no need to post a response. These threads are for the server admins but are NOT a place for support issues (see top). So if you see a thread like this you have a choice made on your own to read or not.

Closing as requested by OP.
Closed Thread