Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:32 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

Post EverQuest Origins (Classic Progression)

I'm currently working on a classic EverQuest server, it will hold the appeal of original classic but also bring a lot of the game lore into the game itself. I know there are currently some classic servers such as project 1999, but we will be offering a completely different experience.

Some Points Of Interest:
  • Expansions will be time locked and require boss mobs to be defeated.
  • Zones such as Cazic Thule and Paw will be returned to their original level range.
  • Pre nerfed items will return such as J-Boots from Najena.
  • Notable npcs will make an appearance, ever want to fight Mayong Mistmoore himself or battle the crystalline dragon Veeshan...now you can.
  • Interact with the God's of Norrath such as The Rathe, Fennin Ro, Tarew Marr and many more notable deities, choose factions, assist in their call and engross yourself in the depths of Norrath's rich lore.
  • The server will never go beyond Planes Of Power expansion, we will take polls and let the players vote on opening each expansion after Velious. There will never be another expansion added beyond POP.
  • Boats are back, purchase a ticket and enjoy your voyage.
  • Corpse runs are back, "Has anybody here seen my corpse?".
  • No more instance zones, these killed EverQuest.
  • We plan to balance spells and armor to make for a more balanced player experience.
  • Lots of new items, quests, and trade-skills items will be added.

The server will be open to public for beta testing by early January, I'll be putting a website/ forum up over the next two weeks and will post the link for anyone interested, so that you can follow our project and share your thoughts and vote on some polls if you wish to participate.

Please feel free to ask any questions, I'm excited to hear them and I hope there is some like minded individuals that find this project interesting.

Thanks,
~Rob
Old 11-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Tyen05
Discordant

Are you going to use the most recent version of the Eqemu server?
Old 11-08-2014, 07:38 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

Yes, we will be using the most recent version of EQEMU.