Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:19 PM
onewildbill
Fire Beetle

Default EQgame EXE problem

I have looked around and I have not seen this problem but I keep getting this error message. I have a shortcut made on my desktop.

EQgame.exe - entry Point not Found

The Procedure entry point ??0nsGetInterface@@QAE@PAVnsISupport@@PAI@z could not be located in the dynamic link Library xul.dll

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
joligario
Developer

That's a firefox dll. Is your system trying to open it with that program?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
onewildbill
Fire Beetle

How do you tell if firefox is trying to open it. I just have a shortcut on the desktop.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
joligario
Developer

I would check that your shortcut matches the guide and you didn't patch the game.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM
onewildbill
Fire Beetle

yea this is where the shortcut goes.
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\everQuest\everquest\e qgame.exe" patchme
Old 09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Vantose
Fire Beetle

If ya think its foxfire opening it ya might tell him how to check and turn that off?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 PM
joligario
Developer

Go get a legit copy of EQ.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Vantose
Fire Beetle

Are you talking to me? I played Eq from 99 till 2011 with 4 accounts. I have disks stacked everywhere. If your talking to him i am not sure why you would think just because he's trying to get his game up and running to play on EQemu he would have to have stolen the game.

Either way its a lame way to treat new players.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

What version of Everquest are you using? SoD or Underfoot? Since it is Steam related it would need to be one of those clients with a certain build date. SoD should be Dec 19, 2008 and Underfoot should be June 8, 2010. Any other build date for the Steam client is likely not compatiable. If you are using Underfoot then just redownload it from Steam and you should be set.

The fact that Everquest is calling a dll used with Firefox is not all that odd given that the Steam versions of SoD & Underfoot have a mozilla folder in the Everquest directory. I even checked a backup of live from earlier this year and it contains the same files. What exactly it is used for is beyond me but that is a different story all together.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:38 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The in-game web browser seems to be used for the store and some other things.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Mitsumoi85
Fire Beetle

Default any news?

I'm having this same problem and not finding any answers. I thought installing firefox and setting it as the default browser, also set chrome and IE thinking that could be an issue from the previous posts and that did not work.

I've been playing on live since kunark and own all the expansions up to HoT but do not own any on disk, I've always purchased them through sony or amazon as digital downloads. So I've paid for all of them but seeing as i cant use a client thats connected to the live server, is there a way to get the xpacs I've purchased and maybe alter a file or delete and replace certain files from a client thats connected to live?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
trevius
Developer

The only supported versions are either Titanium from the Retail CDs, SoF from the Retail CDs or DVDs, or SoD/UF from Steam. The amazon or Live downloads will not work and there is no way for you to make them work. The play guide linked from the main page of this site includes all of the details.

http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide
Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 AM
SaintSin
Fire Beetle

I know this is an older post, but has anyone figured out how to fix this?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSin View Post
I know this is an older post, but has anyone figured out how to fix this?
Are you having the exact same issue? Are you running EQ from a Steam folder like the OP was? Have you followed the guide to properly setup EQEmu and to create the shortcut? We need more info to help if you are having an issue.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:36 AM
SaintSin
Fire Beetle

yes it is the same issue, I have tryed installing underfoot into steam, i have even tryed setting it up out of steam and i get the exact same error that the OP posted. Hence why i asked about an old post and did not make a new one and why I asked "Has anyone figured out how to fix this?"