Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:51 PM
layziethekid
Fire Beetle

Default Need a group?

I've had limited EQEmu experience, but its a nice way to get my fix since i don't play Live. My questions about groups. How many servers are really geared towards solo play? I mean i know that most of the time servers have a very small player base, but i see servers that are "raid" servers and such, are they actual raids, or raid mobs/encounters that are solo/duo able? I normally play solo or with a buddy of mine, but thats about it. I want to see what other servers are out there. Which ones do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Layzie
Old 10-05-2004, 01:05 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Re: Need a group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by layziethekid
I've had limited EQEmu experience, but its a nice way to get my fix since i don't play Live. My questions about groups. How many servers are really geared towards solo play? I mean i know that most of the time servers have a very small player base, but i see servers that are "raid" servers and such, are they actual raids, or raid mobs/encounters that are solo/duo able? I normally play solo or with a buddy of mine, but thats about it. I want to see what other servers are out there. Which ones do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Layzie
well hmmm no 5.9 DR2 server is working properly that I know of.
but that the only version i can connect 2 and you can't mem spells on it...yet. I would suggest one of the raid servers if you looking for population.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:09 PM
layziethekid
Fire Beetle

I'm not looking for a server that requires a group.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:04 AM
onejessman
Sarnak

theres now such thing dude the game is set for a mix of solo/group
Old 10-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Fates Destiny is a good server to solo on , a couple of epic quests are working and more are being finished, yes you can do your whole epic quest solo and there are many other encounters that are soloable , its a 5.7 server , very stable with many custom quests, come visit us at www.fatesdestiny.com

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-13-2004, 04:04 AM
ajb20
Hill Giant

When THe Fallen King is up (5.9 DR2), i've removed many of the "solo" components from the game, i.e. certain spells, trying to move people more in the direction of grouping to overtake bigger encounters, but if that keeps people away than oh well. Everquest was designed to be more group based anyway, just in Emu certain "bugs" allow for ppl to get an ufair solo advantage
Old 10-13-2004, 07:46 AM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

My server can be soloed on if u pick the right classes, its more group oriented just because thats the way i want it but the mobs arnt hard enough where you cant solo them. If you pick a necro, chanter, shadowknight, ranger, magician you can probly solo.

My server is the ascending dawn its 5.9DR2 working perfectly. Feel free to drop in and check it out.