Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:56 PM
VilyaNare
Fire Beetle

Default looking for a server thats very close to live

hi i'm looking for a server as close to a live server as possible does anyone know one?

as in maps and rules not just rules

nearly complete would be helpfull aswell
Old 10-13-2004, 02:25 PM
mattmeck

nope there isnt one
Old 10-13-2004, 06:05 PM
maveren
Sarnak

Live is close to live.
this is an emulator community. alot of people here emulate servers and spend alot of time to customize there own games. Alot of time.money, chances os somone emulating somthing that works great if not better, identical to a less pricy than hosting options, would play on live even with knowledge of running.coding a server of there own.
Sorry bro, not likely there ever will be a server like the onbe your looking for, and I am so very sure that if you tried or read up on some of the server theology here, and what the creative minds of this community have developed you would spit in the face of the S.O.E power man a.holes you so consider idealist.

omg, im sorry, i didnt get my nap today... Everquest Live's Content is like the stories from a dementiated 8yr old. no offence if one exist, then again how would you know. Here are real people with real knowledge, and story creating creativity, no recycles, no pointless storyline defacing content, and no over abusive 12yr olds with the exception of myself.
GET OFF LIVE... IT SUCKS... worst of all it takes the lives of many to figure out, hey I dont play this game for the crappy content, I play it cause I havent worked in 4 years, dont have any friends outside my apartment, and totally given up hope on getting laid.
Now I ask you a question VilyaNare...
When was the last time you.............
forget it!!! and forget everything you know about the unfathomed everquest storyline.

somtimes mattmeck gets sick of typing everything he is thinking...
Was I close Matt?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:19 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

PEQ the grand creation, Will Be. in time. For now its just up to kunark and not really any quests.

But it's your best bet.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:24 AM
Freshmaster17uk
Sarnak

Default ..

vallonz zek id say give that a try
Old 10-14-2004, 03:25 AM
Adh87
Sarnak

Default err

the grand creation....uh....everytime i seem to log on there, theres 3 people on. 65 shammy, 65 monk, 65 shadowknight....starting as a new player, how are you supposed to level 1-65 if you wanna make a cleric? last time i checked my Cleric couldnt solo a mob in Seb
Old 10-14-2004, 03:40 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Re: err

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adh87
the grand creation....uh....everytime i seem to log on there, theres 3 people on. 65 shammy, 65 monk, 65 shadowknight....starting as a new player, how are you supposed to level 1-65 if you wanna make a cleric? last time i checked my Cleric couldnt solo a mob in Seb
Yes your right.. I made cheaters because a lot of people don't want to relevel there char but some do so I let people cheat and level up.
and the ones that dont want to cheat seem to be happier ...
wierd...
Old 10-14-2004, 04:19 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

My biggest complaint about EQlive is you gotta be in some super guild that requires you to devote your life and soul to the game to really excel in EQ. Most of those guilds take the game way to serious and turn it into a job instead of a game. I know its not SOE that forces them to be stupid about it, but it is SOE that demands about any raid mob require 72 people working in sync. And when you got servers crashing, people going LD, lag, etc it is just too much. I mean so many of those raids on there you can expect to spend all day doing, sorry that is just BS in my opinion.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:02 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbox114
My biggest complaint about EQlive is you gotta be in some super guild that requires you to devote your life and soul to the game to really excel in EQ. Most of those guilds take the game way to serious and turn it into a job instead of a game. I know its not SOE that forces them to be stupid about it, but it is SOE that demands about any raid mob require 72 people working in sync. And when you got servers crashing, people going LD, lag, etc it is just too much. I mean so many of those raids on there you can expect to spend all day doing, sorry that is just BS in my opinion.
I went on several RAIDS. hated them all.
spent several hours healing someone then getting nothing in return.. my 10 bucks goes to keeping my version on eq running soloing is a lot more fun or just grouping with 4 or 5 people.
some of the most cherished times were when me and some dude were taking on a dungeon with just our pets.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:25 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
Yes your right.. I made cheaters because a lot of people don't want to relevel there char but some do so I let people cheat and level up.
wierd...
hmmm btw this is not about our server. talking about his own i guess. PEQ tgc is 100% legit nobody was #leveled except if their character got borked by our own fault.

FYI: the only reason we dont have many players is because ppl like who posted above come on. see few ppl and leave. Not our fault. The server is super super stable. Gotta give it a chance before just leaving, but this is how 95% of emu servers are because nobody is patient enough to stay they want everything highly played like s2k and wr who have been around ages,
Old 10-14-2004, 05:29 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
Quote:
wierd...
hmmm btw this is not about our server. talking about his own i guess. PEQ tgc is 100% legit nobody was #leveled except if their character got borked by our own fault.
No it's my Server I was talking about...I dont really think any server is any better than any other one at this point in the game.
legit or nonlegit some people like the freedom to do things they never could in the real EQ game....shrug.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 10-14-2004, 05:37 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Besides that.

Nobody really is interested in hanging around because the code changes so much..
if you spent 6 months building up a char only to have it not work on the next patch and then find out ...oh they totaly redid the DB so now we had to wipe all players...
a lot of people get pretty upset about things like that..
Thats why I do not really get involved in the EMU field.
I run a server and spawn a few things but I try not to go way overboard like I used to..
because I know it changes way to fast to invest 240 hours building a database that will be useless next year.
Not sure it this is really related but that how I feel about it...

www.cheaterz.info
Old 10-14-2004, 05:50 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveren
somtimes mattmeck gets sick of typing everything he is thinking...
Was I close Matt?
Nope, he asked a question I answered it. There is NO server even close to live, there is a few servers that are great and people are working hard on them but the simple answer to his question is "there isnt one" He didnt ask for all this other info.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:11 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
if you spent 6 months building up a char only to have it not work on the next patch and then find out ...oh they totaly redid the DB so now we had to wipe all players...
We've already stated there will be no player wipes on PEQ tgc unless something hugely changes in the server code requiring it. Which is unlikely theres been converters each time. People who played on our server when it first came up about 4 months ago still have their characters. This isn't the reason people aren't playing.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:22 AM
mattmeck

Scorpious2k and Winters Roar have never wiped characters, what 2 years no wipes now? Close to it anyway. Thats a big diference between a Develpoer server and a home grown server.