Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:04 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfyon View Post
Do you guys monitor the PEQ server using any performance monitoring software? Specifically thinking CPU usage, disk i/o, network usage, and memory usage. If you don't already, the second box for the new setup would be a perfect place to put some software (ala Cacti), assuming it will be operating 24/7.

It's important to know where your bottlenecks are so you can spend money efficiently when upgrading.
On the existing server, nobody but FNW had permissions to do proper performance monitoring. This is yet another thing we want improved.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Minstrel
Fire Beetle

For what it's worth, on the subject of choosing to either restore on a new server from a backup, or wait for the most up to date data, I'm in favor of the latter. This is purely selfish though , as I don't relish camping Phinny for the last piece of the mage epic another few weeks (just finally got the staff the night before the crash, and he is a 3 day spawn). I suspect others are in the same position though. Plus any recent data from the crash might help troubleshoot what the issue is.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 AM
badplayer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
For what it's worth, on the subject of choosing to either restore on a new server from a backup
Please for the love of god, no more experimental "I wonder if this will work" changes till FNW stops hosting it.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 AM
kill_Aes_Sedai
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy5706 View Post
stop repeating what has been repeated 20 times already you waste my time with this babble
/smack vaulk
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 AM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badplayer View Post
Please for the love of god, no more experimental "I wonder if this will work" changes till FNW stops hosting it.
What are you talking about? What changes? The server is down, dude. There aren't any changes going on.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 AM
badplayer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeorn View Post
What are you talking about? What changes? The server is down, dude. There aren't any changes going on.
People were claiming a few posts up that the server was reset but it still doesn't boot which would infer that something was changed to prevent PEQ from loading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_Aes_Sedai View Post
now im pretty sure a request was made days ago and the server has been restarted. .
Old 08-31-2010, 03:53 AM
Mghargh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy5706 View Post
stop repeating what has been repeated 20 times already you waste my time with this babble
Evidently he IS repeating it for the Very simple reason that it is Obvious that so many posting on this thread are Not reading everything that has been posted here & on Other related threads on the forum.

/wedge
Old 08-31-2010, 04:01 AM
badplayer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghargh View Post
Evidently he IS repeating it for the Very simple reason that it is Obvious that so many posting on this thread are Not reading everything that has been posted here & on Other related threads on the forum.
Nobody reads Darthal posts because he types at a 2nd grade reading level. It's a blob of text with incorrect spacing and no paragraphs.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:28 AM
Zidane
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Nobody reads Darthal posts because he types at a 2nd grade reading level.
Now to be perfectly fair... the average American Novelist writes at about a 4th grade reading level... Meaning the average American reads at roughly a 4th grade level...
Even if Darthal did write at a second grade level, big whoop... people would be able to understand him just fine... as opposed to the general Government Document which is written at roughly a 12th grade level.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:16 AM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghargh View Post

/wedge
well lets see, if they arent reading every post thenw hat makes them read that one? lol it needs COLORS!, ITALICIZATION, UNDERLINING, and BOLD type font!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 AM
kill_Aes_Sedai
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Nobody reads Darthal posts because he types at a 2nd grade reading level. It's a blob of text with incorrect spacing and no paragraphs.
Edited my post for reasons of civility...
Though i would like to catch you in the arena.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:55 AM
arf1337
Fire Beetle

I was looking through Eqemu's webpage earlier and saw something interesting. Almost all of the servers run off of this server's database. Because of that, wouldn't you think that the people running this server know what they are doing? People who are bitching should stop and donate instead to help them make it even better. Seeing the cost to run a server similar to the one we get to play on for free, shouldn't we help out? anyone who can even spare a dime should donate what they can. Its late i'm tired and i'm just ranting.

I thank everyone involved in creating this great server and I apologize to the Developers, staff and others involved in some way for all of this bs.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 AM
arf1337
Fire Beetle

I was looking through Eqemu's webpage earlier and saw something interesting. Almost all of the servers run off of this server's database. Because of that, wouldn't you think that the people running this server know what they are doing? People who are bitching should stop and donate instead to help them make it even better. Seeing the cost to run a server similar to this server, i'm amazed that we get to play on it for free. What is being asked to make it even better makes me believe that anyone who can even spare a dime should donate what they can.

I thank everyone involved in creating this great server and I apologize to the Developers, staff and others involved in some way for all of this bs.

Its late i'm tired and i'm just ranting.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Minstrel
Fire Beetle

These last few posts have my head spinning as to who's fighting with whom, but if there was some confusion over my post earlier, I just wanted to add that it was concerning Rogean's post on page 8:

Quote:
I've set Gaeorn up with a server on our farm. Hes working on setting it up but I think cavedude has the only backup of the database, so we still have to wait until Tuesday.
If this was taken as something other than one opinion from a player trying to contribute constructively, it was taken incorrectly. If such opinions are not welcome, I apologize and will not post any further.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Jaqua
Fire Beetle

could this be the end of PEQ?