Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Kenaf
Fire Beetle

Default Old School EQ

Are there any servers out there that would be like playing Classic EQ? Y'know, level cap at 50, Short Sword of Ykesha was one of the best weapons out there, Planes of Fear, Hate, Sky, and.. something else were the biggest challenges.

A friend and I have been reminiscencing about how we met back in the good ol' days, and we wanted to try it again if its possible. Can anyone give me any information?

Apologies in advance if this has been covered.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Killawen
Sarnak

Try Shards of Dalaya....best "live" type emulated server. Takes time and a good deal of work to get up to 65, even to get moderate gear you'll spend a good bit questing.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:00 AM
mrea
Discordant

Shards of Dalaya may be a great server however it is not classic EQ at all. Shards is pretty much entirely custom. In order to have a classis only server one would have to host one because none come to mind.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:45 PM
TheClaus
Discordant

The problem I see with having Classic EQ is that there is really no snapshot of classic. Also what could be classic for me might not be classic for you. Personally Classic for me is Original + Kunark. Velious was fun but never got into it.

I quit EQ shortly after Luclin so all the new zones I have no idea what is suppose to be in them. For that matter though I have no idea what should be in the classic zones either because the snapshot just isn't there.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:19 AM
Killawen
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
Shards of Dalaya may be a great server however it is not classic EQ at all. Shards is pretty much entirely custom. In order to have a classis only server one would have to host one because none come to mind.

Sure sure, it may not be the EQClassic zones/mobs/loot...may be all custom, but its the closet you will get to the "EQ classic" feel that everyone bitches about wanting.

Best run server, great management, good rule set, its a good server check it out.

www.shardsofdalaya.com
Old 04-17-2006, 11:26 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killawen
Sure sure, it may not be the EQClassic zones/mobs/loot...may be all custom, but its the closet you will get to the "EQ classic" feel that everyone bitches about wanting.

Best run server, great management, good rule set, its a good server check it out.

www.shardsofdalaya.com
Sounds like a good project.
who wants to help?

www.cheaterz.info
Old 04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Cool thats what I am doing

sdabbs65 , Thats what I just started up my self. I started a server up to do this same project. The server is called Classic EQ and its a legit server.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:12 PM
mrea
Discordant

If your server is spawned up to POP/GOD how is it a Classic EQ server at all? Classic would indicate only the original zones and, at most, Kunark.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Thumbs down Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
If your server is spawned up to POP/GOD how is it a Classic EQ server at all? Classic would indicate only the original zones and, at most, Kunark.

That's why I said I just started this project. It goes great I will probally endiing up 2 servers 1 being classic the orginal server and the other being up to Omens. The classic eq which you see online now is being transformed as we speak.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:25 PM
mrea
Discordant

Ah cool. Did not mean to come off as rude if I did in my first post. I was just kind of like, "What is he talking about?" Haha.. good luck

Old 04-17-2006, 01:32 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Cool np

np mera, I just finally got 6.5 to compile last night so I started up the old DB. Had the idea to make a classic eq thats why I named it like that. But probally going to host 2 servers. will see though how it goes from there.becuase I just had a old school users now asking me to make a classic eq and also up too omens. so now scratching my head whats best. But yea have any suggestions please fill free to tell me.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
mrea
Discordant

I would make just one totally classic. It'd be a lot less to manage and to say the least, there are plenty non-classic servers. Hell, I'd play if it was strictly classic.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouhei
np mera, I just finally got 6.5 to compile last night so I started up the old DB. Had the idea to make a classic eq thats why I named it like that. But probally going to host 2 servers. will see though how it goes from there.becuase I just had a old school users now asking me to make a classic eq and also up too omens. so now scratching my head whats best. But yea have any suggestions please fill free to tell me.
EQ Omens sounds good too actually.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 04-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Qiaofeng
Fire Beetle

Are there any servers that has old school EQ items? Like Guise of Deceiver, Manastone, Big Fing Gun, etc. I would like to try yours kouhei but you're not running 0.7.0 so I can't.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

The old school items like Guise of Deceiver and Manastone are in the Database both PEQ and Cavedude sine they both get their items from the 13th Floor.