Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:33 AM
dragonseeds281
Fire Beetle

Default Server Idea

It seems like alot of these servers have very few people playing on them. (Less then 100). It would seem alot more likely to just have one "EQemu" server running that is managed by a select group of individuals that are experts at running them. That way there would be alot more people playing on one server and it would be more like EQ live.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:18 AM
mattmeck

most of us arent trying to be EQ live. People want diferent things and server owners want to have there worlds diferent, this is the point of EQEmu, to have your server your way.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:37 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Re: Server Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonseeds281
It seems like alot of these servers have very few people playing on them. (Less then 100). It would seem alot more likely to just have one "EQemu" server running that is managed by a select group of individuals that are experts at running them. That way there would be alot more people playing on one server and it would be more like EQ live.
another factor is most people run there servers on a dsl and 100 people I think is pretty much impossable maybe 50 if you have a high speed comcast modem.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-22-2004, 10:45 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
maybe 50 if you have a high speed comcast modem.
Try 20 or so........
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 AM
mrea
Discordant

Wonder if there are a lot of comcast users in my area, as when I had 2 other people apparently the lag was intolerable for them.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:21 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
Wonder if there are a lot of comcast users in my area, as when I had 2 other people apparently the lag was intolerable for them.
yea, if you try to play on the computer your hosting it on its you and 5 other people sitting around because to move or sneeze LD's you.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:37 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
yea, if you try to play on the computer your hosting it on its you and 5 other people sitting around because to move or sneeze LD's you.
im useing bellsouth ADSL atm and I have about 12 people online with no complaints only time they get bumped is zoneing.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-22-2004, 02:31 PM
mrea
Discordant

Damn, i knew that had something to do with it. But my only other option is hosting it off of a shit computer lol and thats a no no
Old 11-22-2004, 02:42 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
im useing bellsouth ADSL atm and I have about 12 people online with no complaints only time they get bumped is zoneing.
is that with you on activly playing? fighting casting ect?

Quote:
Damn, i knew that had something to do with it. But my only other option is hosting it off of a shit computer lol and thats a no no
I bring up a test server every so often on my AMD 1.3 GH with 512 RAm, and it holds more people then my 2.4 GH with a gig of ram ( i play from the 2.4 )

If you want to host a server with 50+ people you need to find a dedicater server at a data center, runs $120+ a month.