Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:48 AM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

im running a win32 server... and even when i play on lan... ping reads >15000 .... which suxxorz
but either way, i know the devs are looking into it, and gl to them
i still think that other processes are lagging dependant ones... which would lead to the actual proggie lagging :/
anyways. ciaoies
Old 11-22-2003, 09:22 PM
capusr5
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Its being researched as we speek. Looking at the development / Linux forums there trying to track down whats causing this issue. Just be patient and it will be fixxed. :lol:
Patience is a virtue. I wouldnt mind waiting for as long as it takes, EQEmu is just awsome as it is. I mean if I really wanted a smooth play and bug-free enviroment I would still play on Live (well not reall bug-free there either )

However (not that it really belongs to this forum) now that we more or less nailed down the problem, I went to test it on the old 4.4 version (still have the directory/db on my 2 PCs). It allows me to connect (via Internet) but it throws me out on server selection screen this time (with a player xxx Linkdead message). So the problem still existed in 4.4 too but in a lesser degree.

One more test I made was creating a spawn with like 500k hps and had about 10 mobs attacking it. On a 5.0 client, it simple crashed (LAN setup). On 4.4 I raised the mobs attacking to about 25 and client although lagging a lot, at least it didnt crashed.

So its definately something that was introduced in 5.0 but I'm sure it will be resolved.

Keep up the awsome work!
Old 11-23-2003, 08:05 AM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

you have a previous patched eq on another comp? because a live patched eq wont work with 044
Old 11-23-2003, 08:00 PM
capusr5
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyrhinosaur
you have a previous patched eq on another comp? because a live patched eq wont work with 044
Aye, I have both 4.4 patched eq client and current version on both PCs.