Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
CruelCahal
Fire Beetle

Default Custom NPC Tool and Questions

Heya GerorgeS, I love your tools, they save a ton of time and your ZAM Lootextractor is the greatest invention since sliced bread! Thank You!
I have looked all over the Forums for answers but came up empty.

My questions are as follows:
1. For the Custom NPC Making Tool, which I use a lot, what is the "is bot" value even used for? I know how to create and use bots for groups, raids, etc but what is the "isbot" field for in the npc_types table? I've tried making merchants and static npcs and selected "Yes" for the "isbot" option but it doesn't seem to have any effect. What am I missing here? What is the benefit or purpose of making an NPC a "bot" when actual bots go under the "bots" table in the peq db?

2. Are you going to eventually include more fields in the Custom NPC making tool such as "merchant_id", "npc_faction_id", "see_invis", etc.?

3. For the ZAM Lootextractor, is there any way or perhaps any plans for, a function to save the changes that you make to the db via the tool by exporting into a .sql so the new loottables and other changes can be sourced back in after a peqdb update? As it is, I use HeidiSQL to export changes I make with the NPC and loot editor and Item editor into .sql files for easy sourcing. But the work the ZAM lootextractor does would take a lot of time to manually export the changes.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and for your great work on these awesome tools!
-CruelCahal