Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Server Code Submissions

Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 AM
saarr
Fire Beetle

there is a Zun mob in tacvi (live) that drops the bbb, him and his four adds are perma rooted and summon at 95%. Every 10% in health he drops his adds come alive and hit like him. my guild used to summon tank the adds and him till the guild as a whole got stronger to straight tank them. Also in barindu there is a zun that is perma rooted till 50% if i remeber right and doesnt (used to) not summon, but was later patched to summon (unoffical patch not noted) and my guild at the time had time gear and he meleed for 7k with an ae ramp and was nasty but summon tanking was the only way to tank him unslowed. this is just my 2cents is all.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Demi-God

Just a thought, you can always set an NPC's runspeed to 0 which would in effect make them 'perm rooted'.. Then just use scripting if you need them to run again.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:00 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
Just a thought, you can always set an NPC's runspeed to 0 which would in effect make them 'perm rooted'.. Then just use scripting if you need them to run again.
That has already been discussed in-depth in this thread. It is not an ideal solution, but there are some alternatives that were also discussed.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

hmm, how do you make a perma-rooted mob otherwise? is there an individual flag? I always did them with just 0 speed.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Estalia
Fire Beetle

This thread isn't about making the mob permarooted. It is about making the permarooted mobs use an aggrotable instead of acting like a rooted mob who hits the nearest pc instead of using the aggrotable.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

Believe so yeahh , havnt raided any perma rooted mobs for a while . unless theyve changed it , in the last few years.