Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Default Firepots broken, Pets all look like Chuck Norris but smaller.

All pets, necro (skel_pet), mage (fire, air, earth, etc.), all look like a mini Chuck Norris (Human), but smaller. They appear with what look like a [rusty scythe] in left hand, and what appears to be [A Glowing Black Stone] in the right hand. Also wearing a robe? Anyone know what could be causing this?

Also, two firepots in timorous deep are set to what appears to be the correct coordinates (in the database) however instead of zoning as intended, it warps you to the coordinates, but in the same zone (timorous), which lands you in the middle of the water. Anyone have any idea? I see the coordinates set to target in "zone_points" field and zoneid set to 52 (ogguk) but still fails. I'm not sure how the firepots are triggered? Anyone know how the firepots are coded or structured.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

Not at home so i cant look @ the fire pot issue, maybe see if they are also handled in the player.pl for timorous? Could also be a status/locked zone issue with you trying to zone in perhaps? (though i assume this is on your own server so that shouldnt be it).

As for the pets my first reaction is to check your global_load.txt files in your resources folder, pretty sure they handle all the graphics for things like that, i know someone posted a full global load somewhere here on the forums, or you could jump over to PEQ or something and grab theirs (as its prolly the db your using anyways).

I would also check the pets in the DB to make sure their race is set properly too.

(i would LOVE that to really be chuck norris pets btw, that would be AWESOME.)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

no player.pl in timorous.

Code:
select id, doorid, name, dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z from doors where zone = 'timorous' and dest_zone != 'NONE';
+------+--------+----------------+-----------+--------+--------+--------+
| id   | doorid | name           | dest_zone | dest_x | dest_y | dest_z |
| 7717 |     37 | KURBRAZIER100  | cabwest   |    767 |   -783 |      8 |
| 7718 |     38 | FREPORTBRAZIER | freporte  |   -950 |    -14 |    -52 |
| 7719 |     39 | SACBOWLFIRE    | halas     |      0 |      0 |      3 |
| 7720 |     40 | FAYBRAZIER     | felwithea |     94 |    -25 |      3 |
| 7721 |     41 | KELBRAZ        | gfaydark  |     10 |    -20 |      0 |
| 7722 |     42 | NERBRAZIER     | neriakb   |   -500 |      3 |    -10 |
| 7723 |     43 | ERBRAZIER      | erudnext  |      0 |      0 |     20 |
| 7724 |     44 | OGBRAZIER      | oggok     |    -99 |   -345 |      4 |
| 7725 |     45 | CAMPFIRE       | gukta     |      0 |   -100 |      3 |
| 7726 |     46 | TIKI           | rivervale |      0 |      0 |      4 |
| 7727 |     47 | AKALIGHT1      | akanon    |    -35 |     47 |      4 |
| 7728 |     48 | KALBRAZ        | kaladima  |     -2 |    -18 |      3 |
12 rows in set (0.17 sec)
Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Derision
Developer

Oggok (North Centre) works for me on Underfoot.

Grobb (North left) doesn't work because the destination zone in the door table is set to gukta (which doesn't exist in the current PEQ DB).
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

I temporarily created an npc (Translocator) to tell the player the firepot for Grobb is acting up and they are there to fix it, meanwhile I can transport you. Lol. However, the pet problem is frustrating. Hope I figure it out. I will look around as you advised, however, anyone else with any ideas, by all mean let me know. Thanks everyone.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

I meant Grobb by the way in the original post. Ugh.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Default Still pet issue. omg help.

I'm tired, I might be looking over something but there are no file in source -global_load, so not sure what you mean. Only thing I see is the pets header, pet.h , pet.cpp, and bunch of dependencies. The database is perfect. Pets table is right, lloked up all pets, they are the right race (367) necro skel_pet, the bodytype is (flying monster), i've changed that to monster, and undead...still same. Its all pets. The only variation I get is the enchanter pet is a gnome, other than that, all Chuck Norris's. UGH!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:02 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

the global load thing is client-side.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Then that won't help me. My problem is server side. All client log in and see the Chuck Norris's. HELP
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM
sorvani
Dragon

no, your pet problems are definitely not server side.. unless you recoded the pets to be some non standard race. then the problem exists in your chair.

what you see on a client screen is handled client side. all the standard races assigned to pets are globally loaded in every zone. this handling of what race is avialable to be shown in what zone is handled in the global load and zone chr files located in the client installation like it has been for 14 years.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Thanks for the input, however I am aware that most of the texture/material assigning is handled client side. Which is why if the client doesn't have the model for that map or if its not a global model it will default to a human. The first thing I did was checked all the client side files and they are fine. I run a server, all 35 -60 users exhibit the same problem. The Global_load.txt has everything. I even went as far as import a new Global_load.txt. My problem is server side. There is an error accessing the database to load the pets table or something. Anyone have any suggestion?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Why would the pets spawn with weapon textures? Start there.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Well, is there an error accessing the pet data? (Hint, query errors are logged) What race does the server think they are? (Hint, #npcstats)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Ill try looking. Thanks.