Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Default Problems after upgrading from June to current release

I upgraded from the june build to the Sep 2 build tonight.

I have the following problems:
1. Disciplines no longer work, but all other spells do.
2. PEQZONE no longer works, but I have the status for it set to 0. When I #peqzone, it says command not recognized.

Any idea?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 AM
trevius
Developer

Maybe you don't have all of the required SQL changes in. Also, why would you use the Sep 2 build? You should be using the SVN revisions found here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/

There are hundreds of changes and updates in the SVN since that Sep 2 build, so it would be best to use it instead. Make sure you run the SQL updates in the /utils/sql/svn directory though.

I believe there was some changes to #peqzone in there at some point, but it should be working on the latest revisions from the SVN.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Sep 2 is just the latest one here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/download.php

So that is what I used. I will try the other stuff tonight I guess.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:04 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yep, the full version of #peqzone as used on TGC is only available on SVN. It is not in the ancient builds on the EQEmu page.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

First thing first. I want to thank you all for all the effort you have put into this project. After reading through the changelog, I see just how much work you have put into this and I appreciate it.

Ok I reviewed the changelog and went through and did all sql updates I saw in the changelog and all that were referenced by the changelog that are on the SVN.

I fixed my perl (got the dll error and used search function )

When I tried to start the server, I get a ton of errors and a message in the log of:
If you got boat loads of errors, make sure you sourced: utils/items-0.6.0-DR2-0.6.1-DR1-convert.sql

I pulled that script from the SVN and ran it. The script itself gave a boatload of errors. Mainly like this:
Unknown column 'unknown021' in 'items'

It looks like it is trying to update the items table from a version other than the one I have. I suspect I may be missing some earlier changes that this script relies on.

Here is the error I got that prompted the mentioning of that SQL script:
[02.11. - 21:25:53] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_10016.log
[02.11. - 21:25:53] DBLoadItems query 'select source,itemclass,name,lore,idfile,id,weight,norent ,nodrop,size,slots,price,icon,UNK012,UNK013,benefi tflag,tradeskills,cr,dr,pr,mr,fr,astr,asta,aagi,ad ex,acha,aint,awis,hp,mana,ac,deity,skillmodvalue,U NK033,skillmodtype,banedmgrace,banedmgamt,banedmgb ody,magic,casttime_,reqlevel,bardtype,bardvalue,li ght,delay,reclevel,recskill,elemdmgtype,elemdmgamt ,range,damage,color,classes,races,UNK054,maxcharge s,itemtype,material,sellrate,UNK059,casttime,UNK06 1,procrate,combateffects,shielding,stunresist,stri kethrough,extradmgskill,extradmgamt,spellshield,av oidance,accuracy,charmfileid,factionmod1,factionmo d2,factionmod3,factionmod4,factionamt1,factionamt2 ,factionamt3,factionamt4,charmfile,augtype,augslot 1type,augslot1visible,augslot2type,augslot2visible ,augslot3type,augslot3visible,augslot4type,augslot 4visible,augslot5type,augslot5visible,ldontheme,ld onprice,ldonsold,bagtype,bagslots,bagsize,bagwr,bo ok,booktype,filename,banedmgraceamt,augrestrict,lo regroup,pendingloreflag,artifactflag,summonedflag, favor,fvnodrop,endur,dotshielding,attack,regen,man aregen,enduranceregen,haste,damageshield,recastdel ay,recasttype,guildfavor,augdistiller,UNK123,UNK12 4,attuneable,nopet,UNK127,pointtype,potionbelt,pot ionbeltslots,stacksize,notransfer,stackable,UNK134 ,clickeffect,clicktype,clicklevel,clicklevel2,proc effect,proctype,proclevel,proclevel2,worneffect,wo rntype,wornlevel,wornlevel2,focuseffect,focustype, focuslevel,focuslevel2,scrolleffect,scrolltype,scr olllevel,scrolllevel2,updated from items order by id', #1054: Unknown column 'augslot1visible' in 'field list'

This is preventing zone.exe from loading. Also, if this helps, these errors are what happen when a character gets to char select:
[02.11. - 21:26:24] Warning: acctid 1158 has an invalid item_id 30088 in inventory slot 2500
[02.11. - 21:26:24] Warning: acctid 1158 has an invalid item_id 30096 in inventory slot 2501
[02.11. - 21:26:48] Warning: acctid 860 has an invalid item_id 17005 in inventory slot 2500
[02.11. - 21:26:48] Warning: acctid 860 has an invalid item_id 17005 in inventory slot 2501
[02.11. - 21:26:48] Warning: acctid 860 has an invalid item_id 17005 in inventory slot 2500
[02.11. - 21:26:48] Warning: acctid 860 has an invalid item_id 17005 in inventory slot 2501
[02.11. - 21:29:10] Warning: acctid 329 has an invalid item_id 17970 in inventory slot 2500
[02.11. - 21:29:10] Warning: acctid 329 has an invalid item_id 17969 in inventory slot 2501
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

You haven't applied all the updates. This one is in 292_augslots.sql in the svn. You may have appled them and then overwrote them with a database or something.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

I only applied SQL explicitly mentioned in the changelog. Should I apply everything in this section?:
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem.../utils/sql/svn
Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

So I tried what you suggested, then also re-ran the item update, and still get a ton of errors. I must be missing a lot of fields. How do I know what SQL updates to do?? I have done all of them referenced in the change log, but apparently that is not comprehensive.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

You've probably already backed up your database...I hope. The thing to do would be to restore your database. Then begin applying the changes that you see in the changelog but make sure you compare the changelog with the files in the utils/sql/svn directory so that you don't duplicate columns. You don't want to update something twice. I would go through the changelog, compare the changelog entry to the sql directory to see if there is a related change. Import that sql file or if there is no sql file, use the entry in the changelog. Sometimes if the change was pretty small it seems like an sql file didn't get created and just the entry in the changelog was made. Sometimes a reference in the changelog will point you to a sql file. Keep in mind there are a number of people making changes, and while I think they try to be consistent it doesn't always happen. Since you have a custom database it is going to be a little harder for you to get up to date and kind of painful. It will be well worth it. Any changes I make I keep in a custom.sql file that I can basically just import after I have made a database update. It's much easier that way. But that's harder to accomplish if you didn't do it from the start and don't remember all your customizations. Good luck. Let us know if we can help somehow.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:04 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

It is only custom for itemization/spawns/npcs. I am doing all of this on a test/mirror server.

What you just suggested I do I have now done 3 times. Every single SQL reference in the changelog since my original install (a late june build) is in my update script. I also have included every single reference SQL file. Something is missing from the changelog, but I have no idea what.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Is there perhaps a master schema somewhere? I could just compare my DB to it and correct errors as I see them.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I do think there is a schema in the Wiki, but I don't know how current it is. One thing you could do is just download a peq database from the CVS, load it into a different DB and then compare the 2. That might be faster than anything else.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Got a link? I originally installed peq off the distro from their website, but based on the filename at least (have not downloaded a 2nd time) it appears to be the same version I am still on, 1110
Old 02-12-2009, 09:47 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Use the PEQ CVS. It is up to date.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Use the PEQ CVS. It is up to date.
Ok I got your db downloaded and tried to import it to a new fresh empty db but got mysql errno 121 regarding foreign keys. Uninstalled mysql (was on 5.0.x) and downloading 5.1 to install and try again.....

Just keep getting road blocks :(