Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 AM
knowom
Discordant

Default New to EQEMU

New to these forums just started to try to experiment with EQEMU I only have rudimentary knowledge on it all, but slowly reading over this guide and doing it step by step.

I just reached the start.bat portion of the guide. I might have to wait until tomorrow to continue forward though. It's been a long night downloading installing and going through all the source file creations and such quite a bit too it all, but I'm sure all more went into it all that's far beyond my grasp and comprehension right now.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 AM
knowom
Discordant

"Launching your server for the first time" to be continued...maybe I can figure it out in the morning
Old 08-26-2013, 05:59 PM
knowom
Discordant

"Next, in your server folder, right click on the Maps folder and choose "SVN Checkout"
In the "URL of repository" line copy and paste the following:

http://eqemu-maps.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Change the Checkout Directory to Change the Checkout Directory to:
C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\Maps

(then click OK)

Ignore the warning that pops up saying the Maps folder is not empty (click Yes).

This will take a while, have a coffee."

After you do this is it normal for the EQEmuServer/Maps folder to be empty?

On the SVN checkout if I highlight and right click updating open parent folder I see all kinds of related stuff
"C:\Users\Aristoper\AppData\Local\Temp"

but when I go into C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\Maps it's empty just wondering if that's typical or I made some mistake
Old 08-26-2013, 06:14 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

Its 1.99 gb in size and is at revision 45...The Maps folder that comes with the EMU code is empty, perhaps you downloaded the actual maps somewhere else??

Or try again without trunk and you should get the wiki folder as well...
Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 PM
knowom
Discordant

Hmm idk...I'll come back to that I guess and figure out what went wrong if anything.

I think I missed the source peqdb_rev2506.sql step initially before I went back read and followed the steps over again.

Right now I'm looking at the eqemu_config.xml portion of the guide. I changed the server shortname/longname and it showed up on the shortcutlaunch.exe one thing I'm unsure on though is it says edit the items highlighted in red.

It said step 5 port forwarding I can skip that for now for local network hosting so I assume those red portions of the eqemu_config.xml I can skip for the time being as well if or until I feel like hosting a server?

These two sections I'm not sure 100% on I assume I have to change them to match.

<database>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>xxxxx</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
<qsdatabase>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>xxxxx</password>
<db>peq</db>

I'm assuming the password is the password I chose for "mysql -p_____" and I edit that over and the db is my Type source peqdb_revNNNN.sql in my case "peqdb_rev2506" ,but that's just a estimated guess.

Anyway I'll tamper with it a bit and see if my suspicion is right or not and I can get this thing working properly then some of the fun begins hopefully.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:35 PM
knowom
Discordant

Actually looks like from the xml comments area it says to leave db to peq and use your mysql password for the password so guess I was 50% right with my assumptions.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM
knowom
Discordant

log eqemu_error_world

---------------------------------------------
[08.26. - 19:38:03] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_1836.log
[08.26. - 19:38:03] Error in LoadRules query SELECT ruleset_id FROM rule_sets WHERE name='default': #1146: Table 'peq.rule_sets' doesn't exist
[08.26. - 19:38:03] Could not load EQTime file eqtime.cfg
[08.26. - 19:38:03] WorldDatabase::GetLauncherList: #1146: Table 'peq.launcher' doesn't exist
[08.26. - 19:38:03] Error in AdventureManager:::GetLeaderboardInfo: select ch.name, ch.id, adv_stats.* from adventure_stats AS adv_stats left join character_ AS ch on adv_stats.player_id = ch.id; (#1146: Table 'peq.adventure_stats' doesn't exist)
[08.26. - 19:41:04] Error in AdventureManager:::GetLeaderboardInfo: select ch.name, ch.id, adv_stats.* from adventure_stats AS adv_stats left join character_ AS ch on adv_stats.player_id = ch.id; (#1146: Table 'peq.adventure_stats' doesn't exist)

Not sure what this means using source peqdb_rev2506
Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

There are still some steps you need to finish, first, it looks as if you didnt source in
Code:
source load_player.sql;
Then if you want bots the load_bots.sql

after sourcing these in then you need to source in the "required" sql's in the C:\EQ\Source\utils\sql\git folder, since you are using 2506 there are no more updates in the svn folder. Apply those updates in order..

OR....you could just use the latest peq db dump here..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37026

and start with a new db, source in the latest dump, source the user_tables, then the views and you are done. Note there are no bots in this db, and to get them in you have to make some customization if you decide to go this route...
Old 08-27-2013, 12:03 AM
knowom
Discordant

"source load_player.sql;"

When I type that and hit enter I get
Failed to open file (name), error: 2

Is that because I all ready loaded it? or am I missing something?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:22 AM
knowom
Discordant

Whatever it was that I had wrong I seemed to have fixed it I think had a bunch of loading Query ok blah blah blah messages of the source sql files think I'm on the right track.

I don't have much extensive experience with mysql last time I recall using it was awhile back for I believe it was a php web forum or something.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:48 AM
knowom
Discordant

"In this folder are two sub-folders, one called required, and one called optional. As the names suggest, any .sql files in the 'required' folder must be applied. The ones in the 'optional' folder are ... optional."

Are these required for peqdb_rev2506??

or is that just for past db revisions?

that portion is a little bit unclear to me in the guide couldn't get those to load with mysql either so perhaps not?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 AM
knowom
Discordant

Woot Found some phat login loading to avatar creation page loot!!

Progress...

To be continued....
Old 08-27-2013, 02:14 AM
knowom
Discordant

I got a server up and made a few characters on it. Will work on it more tomorrow and see what I can do with it and how easily.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:04 AM
rencro
Hill Giant

########

Gratz!!!

########
Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 PM
knowom
Discordant

Do you know if it runs a lot quicker if you run the server on a separate PC on your LAN and connect to it from another PC?

I'd imagine it would be a bit quicker, but I'm not sure if it makes a big impact or not. I'm running it on a Intel Q9550 CPU atm technically it's the X3360, but it's essentially the same CPU.