Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:21 PM
microlo
Sarnak

Default Blood and Rank is back!

Come check out Blood and Rank. This server is the shit. It has gm events all the time, its a little bit easier to gear, and has a great community. If you have a good attitude and like to play on a legit server up to three box come and join us.

Say Half sent you and the gm's will be even nicer!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:03 AM
eqaverse
Fire Beetle

I dont see it on the server list. How do I find it and what are some details on the server?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:55 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

Blood and Rank is currently in the process of switching to a new server to enhance stability, it should be up and playable on 17th August.

Quote:
Blood and Rank is an Everquest server set in the Velious era with a custom Legends ruleset. We have a tight-knit community of seasoned EQ veterans heading up our staff, and we are striving to make this a premier place to play. Come and see what B&R has to offer!

Our simple Rules:
1.) No MQ2 use.
2.) Boxing is allowed.
3.) Respect the staff. These guys are volunteers after all.

THE SERVER

We run an EQ Emulator system utilizing a modified PEQ database and a Legends Ruleset. This ruleset is based on the old LEGENDS server from live in 2002-2003 (Stormhammer) wherein a player could transfer there and pay a high monthly subscription to experience daily GM content such as GM Events, quality of life improvements, and features. We wanted to recreate this environment without the cost so everyone could enjoy a different EQ experience! This means that exp is a little higher, damage is a little better, and above all else you will have the opportunity to participate in daily GM events to further your character. For the most part playing on this server will feel like a Velious-era EQ experience with heavy GM community involvement. We intend to end at the Planes of Power expansion, progressing to the next "xpac" by killing the previous "xpac" bosses.

We offer a nice exp boost for both Solo and Group play that feels appropriate for the situation without allowing players to zip through content.

GM Events

Our dedicated staff of Gamemasters enjoy hosting "GM Events" which range from simple quest-style contests to PVE and PVP custom events! we offer several major GM events per week(one per day is the average) that allow players to receive titles, items, and boosts for contributing to the lore of their community. You never know when the action will hit!
Quote:
Hey everybody, today I wanted to go over our newly amended boxing policy. We previously had a no-boxing rule on our server in place for many years; recently however we have amended that rule to allow (3) three total characters to be boxed at once. We still do NOT allow MQ2 use and we actively look for it, but most of the boxers I have recently met are good enough that they don't need it.

So to be clear, you may box to your hearts content now! If you or someone you know needs to move characters between accounts as a result of this you need to speak to a GM and we will get you taken care of! Good luck all.

If you need an IP Exemption, perhaps in the case of family int he same house or roommates, please post a petition in the petitions forum: http://bloodandrank.forumatic.com/viewforum.php?f=25

Using the following template:

=====================
List each account needing an exemption on your IP:

Explain why you need an IP exemption (She's my sister, He's my roommate, etc):

=====================
Blood and Rank has been around for some time, and has undergone quite some changes. You are allowed to 3 box for now, although this will be under constant review.

The community has to be one of the best ive encountered in EQemu over the years, its such a jovial, helpful environment and established players will do their utmost to get you started on the right foot.

Everybody is welcome at GM events, even if you are within the first 30minutes of logging in the server, and you have an equal chance of loot, Experience is a very comfortable rate.

Leo the Gold is quite a nifty feature, mobs have a small chance to drop "Coin of Hero" which once handed into Leo you have a chance to win an item, This is COMPLETELY random, you could get a Chipped Bone Rod, you could get a Manastone. You will get FIVE coins for starting out on BNR. Also there are unique items that drop rarely from GM events - these are in the shape of "Tomes" which include;

Tome of Experience - One free Level (no more lvl 59 grind)
Tome of Transfer - Allows you, with GM assistance to transfer a NO DROP item to any character of your choice
Tome of Titles - Allows you to have one prefix, or suffix title.
A tome which you are able to change your diety
A tome which you are able to change your race
"The Skeleton Key" which gives 20% bonus to picklock, but has the ability, again with GM assistance to grant any Key of your choice, VP, ST, Seb, HS etc.

and of course, the coverted "Tome of Creation" this tome grants you to create a item, whether it be a weapon, or armor piece unique to your character, it has its limitations, it cannot be game-breaking, it has to be within the stats of the higher end current expansion, they cannot have a clicked effect, but you can choose a focus effect of your choice, within limitation to era.

There are countless illusion items with stat boosts available in events, and helpful items ie: experience potions, and group experience potions.

There is a rare goods vendor which sells Gate Potions, and Damage shield potions among other items.

The community has so far killed every Kunark boss, except for Veeshans Peak. and is currently farming in Temple of Veeshan for armors. But do not let this put you off, players will do their utmost to help you in your epic quest, often these quests take priority on Raid nights.

There is a Buff Bot with custom buffs named after GM's, these are located in every city, and are very helpful. the Original bazaar is in place, and this is the "hub zone" of the server, players will often sell really decent starter gear for dirt cheap, but most often will shower you with gears anyway to help you out if wanted.

If you play offpeak hours, Euro, Asia, do not be put off by the low population, we have a few players who are in the UK and Europe who would like to see some more companions to adventure with in the graveyard hours!

If you would like any more info, feel free to PM me, or Contact "CYANIDE" in game, i will do my best to assist as much as i can. I am not a GM, but a long term player of Blood and Rank, and i love to see new people trying out the server.

If you like a relaxed, adult atmosphere, where the people are helpful, an active /ooc and VERY active GM's to assist who are very interactive to their players, then check it out, give it a chance, and you'll have a lot of fun i assure you!

We have a very active Discord server which will keep you upto date on all the goings-on. Be sure to sign up to that too!

Peace!

Link to Forum - http://bloodandrankforums.site/index.php

Cyanide - 60 Rogue, Blood and Rank EQemu Server.

Last edited by houdeano; 08-17-2017 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: added more info
Old 10-02-2017, 09:21 PM
warlord1999
Fire Beetle

wheres the spellfile?
Old 10-03-2017, 02:55 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

The real question, is stuff groupable? Like raid bosses, or is it raids?