Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Default Server Rule Sets

Hello all,

I’ve been working on a server for several months now called CommonQuest. What I’m aiming for is to create an authentic classic experience but with some minor changes to make it more casual friendly. Let’s face it, most of us have jobs now and can’t afford to spend ten hours each day playing EQ. Here’s the thing, I haven’t really decided on a rule set for the server yet as I’ve mostly just been working on the database.

I’ve had a few ideas that I will share with you real fast. One idea I had is to create a team based PvP scenario where either you select your faction after you create your character, or your faction is determined by your race and or deity. Another possible scenario is a free for all PvP experience where PvP is only enabled in certain areas (dungeons, maybe a few other select higher end zones) but cities and most overland zones are safe. What kind of rule set do you prefer? What kind of server would you like to see? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Abbey

PS: If you want to learn more about what I've done with the server so far you can check out the forums here: www.common-quest.com
Old 03-17-2013, 05:46 AM
SerenaSix
Fire Beetle

Smile PVP Teams Server

Hi Abbey,

A teams PVP server would be Great!

All anyone ever makes are either blue or Free for all Red servers & they're getting real boring.

I think a PVP server with 3 or 4 teams would be best. 2 is not enough & more then 4 is to many.

The #1 thing you have to do is make sure the teams are Balanced! If they're not balanced it won't work.

Hard coding the teams is a must. No healing people from another team.

You could devide the teams by race &/or deity.

Race is pretty easy to balance but if you use deity you'll have to remake a lot of the deity combos to balance it.
I wouldn't think it would be that much work but if you didn't the teams would be extremely unbalanced like on Sullon Zek & really hurt the server.

If you did 3 hard coded teams. Evil/Neut/Good say.

This Idea I had on a PVP server forum is a really well balanced split for 3 teams using the races.

Evil = Troll, Dark Elf, Iksar, Gnome + All Human

Neut = Ogre, Erudite, Half Elf, Halfling + All Human

Good = Barbarian, High Elf, Wood Elf, Dwarf + All Humans

1. Each team has ALL classes

Having Humans on every team is Perfect for this

2. Each team has 5 races

3. Each team has it's very own look and feel and home lands

4. Each team has a Large Tank Race

Evil = Troll
Neut = Ogre
Good = Barbarian

Each team has a caster heavy race

Evil = Dark Elves
Neut = Erudites
Good = High Elves

5. Each team has a Short Race

Evil = Gnome
Neut = Halfling
Good = Dwarf

6. Each Team Has an Elf Race

Evil = Dark Elves
Neut = Half Elves
Good = High Elves

7. Each team has a Human Race

Evil = Human
Neut = Erudite
Good = Barbarian

This is one team setup that's very well balanced & I'm sure there are a lot ways you could split teams based on Race/Deity
depending on what kind of teams server you wanted.

I'd like to say more but it's late lol