Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 03:38 AM
animekenji
Fire Beetle

Default Just curious

Why is it exactly that EQEmu does not work when you patch to live?? Is this something that is being worked on, or is it impossible that EQEmu will ever work when patched to live??
Old 08-08-2006, 04:06 AM
mrea
Discordant

With many patches new network code is applied meaning the EQEmu server will not be able to send the right data to the newer versions. Chances are EQEmu won't be compatible with live for quite a while.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:59 AM
mattmeck

There is no plan to update to live again.

When EQEmu was chasing the live patch, new people could join very rarly, with the freeze on titanium anyone can join at any time.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:15 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
When EQEmu was chasing the live patch, new people could join very rarly, with the freeze on titanium anyone can join at any time.
A plan I am very pleased to hear about.

There are plenty of expansions between SoL and Titaniums top end to play with, imo.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:22 PM
animekenji
Fire Beetle

I thought that on WR/SoD server, Wiz was using a highly modified version of EQ Emu combing both old and new versions and he manages to keep patched to live. Why can't any of his changes make it into the official release so it can be kept up??

Also, is this purely a client side thing?? Is there any way I can change my client files to make them work??
Old 08-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Elysius
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekenji
I thought that on WR/SoD server, Wiz was using a highly modified version of EQ Emu combing both old and new versions and he manages to keep patched to live. Why can't any of his changes make it into the official release so it can be kept up??

Also, is this purely a client side thing?? Is there any way I can change my client files to make them work??

Shards of Dalaya is far, far from being compatible with live.

Last edited by mattmeck; 08-09-2006 at 10:58 AM..
Old 08-09-2006, 02:57 AM
animekenji
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysius
Shards of Dalaya is far, far from being compatible with live. They use a back-patcher.
But it says on the SoD website that you must be patched to live before you can play, so doesn't that make them compatible with live?? Otherwise wouldn't they recommend a clean installation??
Old 08-09-2006, 03:16 AM
mrea
Discordant

You are to patch to live to get all of the spells, etc I believe. New zone files or whatever may also be included.

Last edited by mattmeck; 08-09-2006 at 01:53 PM..
Old 08-09-2006, 04:15 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekenji
But it says on the SoD website that you must be patched to live before you can play, so doesn't that make them compatible with live?? Otherwise wouldn't they recommend a clean installation??
Your asking questions that should be answered on their servers forum, not here. Bottom line... to play on most servers you will need a clean install of Titanium (PERIOD) anything beyond that by way of editing the client is not allowed here.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 AM
mattmeck

Locked because this thread is has already crossed the line of illegal, take this talk to there forums we dont allow this talk here. (back patching)
Closed Thread