Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's

Archive::Tutorials/Howto's Archive area for Tutorials/Howto's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

View Poll Results: would u pick this over regular EQ?
yes 4 80.00%
no 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Maergoth
Fire Beetle

Default can i still play EQ?!

i am a big fan of regular EQ and i dont wanna loose my char's stuff, i got 2 questions , if i use EQEMU can and how do i use regular eq after i get this set up, second, what happens if we get caught using this, will we have our account erased? if so, send an email when u work somthing out with sony cuz i put toooooooooo much time into those chars and am perfectly content with dying over loosing them
Help Others
Look Good doing it
"the closer your spirit turns to light, the Greater your shadow becomes, be aware of this and your purpose will be clear"
Old 11-13-2003, 08:38 AM
arkaria
Discordant

You might want to do some reading. That combined with some common sence will answer your questions.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Rofls
Fire Beetle

You won't lose anything , goto your eqhost.txt file in your EQ folder and delete everything in that file and paste this:

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997"
}

then just to play EQ Emu goto start --- run : "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme use your forum name/pw (this forum) to login you should see around 10 servers or so join any that arent locked. then to play normal eq again, just start up eq and patch it should overwrite the eqhost.txt to login to EQ servers (would be better to have 2 seperate eq folders, one for emu and one for live eq so incase a patch screws it up, you still got the old patched one).
Old 12-27-2003, 01:25 AM
animekenji
Fire Beetle

Default Not working

This doesn't seem to be working. I changed the files like it is said in the how to play message, but everytime I run EQ it reloads the original eqhost.txt file and I get connected to Sonys servers.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:39 AM
animekenji
Fire Beetle

Default animekenji

OK NM last post. I figured out what I was doing wrong but now when I try to connect to an emulated server, I get EQEmu error, World is down. Now what should I do??
Old 12-27-2003, 04:32 AM
mattmeck

read the forums befor you post. lots of people are getting this, the reason and temp fix has been posted several times in the last couple days.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Encounter
Fire Beetle

hmmm.....well,I can get to select a server,but cant play the game.