Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > KayotRO

KayotRO This is the forum for Kayot's Editor.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 AM
Kayot
Discordant

Default Project Revive

Hello, Kayot here.

I'm reviving the project. Mainly because, my WoW emulator seems to have disappeared from the net and RO while fun doesn't really need a DB editor.

I'm going to take it slow, and steady. I'll work on it until I get a copy of the right client for EQ2Emu (My brother stopped playing so I don't have the correct exp.) and EQ2Emu gets a database worthy of editing (Structure wise).

What I need:

What all has changed in the last few months? Do I need a new client? And has the setup changed? I figure I'll have to download the new Database.

Once I get an Emu up, I'll see what I can do. And for those who dislike compiling a Visual Basic Project, I'll make an installer. (Gets to work on a nice homepage for releases)

I know the BETA tag pushes people away. I'd like feedback so please say anything about the changes that will be made in the future minus any complains about it being made in VB. Besides C# and VB both translate into the same package. Lets see what happens from here.

God doesn't give second chances... Hell, he sets you up the first time.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
trevius
Developer

You are working on something for EQ2Emu? I thought your projects here were for the normal EQEmu. Or is this something new or maybe just a typo? If it is your EQEmu project for database management tools, then I will definitely give them a try. Haven't looked into your stuff much yet, because it hasn't been up-to-date from what I have read and I wasn't able to use it.

It's always nice to have a good variety of tools. I love GeorgeS' tools, but I would definitely like to check out any other tools that are useful and current.

I am sure the project must have been pretty awesome at some point, since you have your own section in the forums Can't wait to hear more, and see updates on how it is coming along.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:47 AM
TheLieka
Developer

That's great news Kayot. I look forward to new releases!

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 02-14-2008, 08:36 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

IMHO concentrate of a char editor most of all: stats, deyty, race.
Cuase thats the one we are missing the most =)
May as well make it stand alone so it will small and fast to downlaod/use
Old 02-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Kayot
Discordant

Originally I was going to make it stand alone, but that would kill drag and drop. Not to mention Item/Spell storage.

Funny thing, the first editor I made was mainly so I could juice my characters without a lot of data searching. Then I started playing on PEQ and used my program to tell me where items dropped, spawns spawned, and merchants had rare whatever. It was nice using a single search of all weapons sold by default on merchants so I could buy the best on PEQ. Though I'm sure it's also underhanded.

BTW, my laptop can't go full screen, it says it fails to initize. Any one solve this problem? It's putting a major kink in development.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:05 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Kayot,
Very Excited to hear the news, always been a big fan of your work I really like the current format of it.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
So_1337
Dragon

What OS are you running on your laptop? The last time I had problems with it saying it couldn't go full screen, I was trying to run DOS programs on Vista and had to fire them up in DosBox.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Kayot
Discordant

XP all the way baby, and HP said it couldn't be done on a new laptop.

leslamarch: Which part do you like the most?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Drag and drop feature, where the storage applies to all parts of the program. The starting items for each race class and so on. I guess the best part though is the all in one, all selected from the editors menu. Just a Huge fan of this editor.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayot View Post
Originally I was going to make it stand alone, but that would kill drag and drop. Not to mention Item/Spell storage.
you see, lost and lots things abotu char and or items can be edited directly in DB - items, charges whatever.

the one thing i cannot posible edit is the stupid BLOB file, which contains 4 essential things: stats, deyty, race and class - thats why i belive this little thing should be stand alone =)
Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
the one thing i cannot posible edit is the stupid BLOB file, which contains 4 essential things: stats, deyty, race and class - thats why i belive this little thing should be stand alone =)
Not trying to derail the thread, but here is a relatively easy way to change the profile blob using a MySQL query:

Quote:
UPDATE character_ SET profile = INSERT((SELECT profile FROM (SELECT * FROM character_) AS x WHERE id = 748),(4720+1),4,RPAD(CHAR(100),4,CHAR(0))) WHERE id = 748;
This would give a character with an ID of 748 100 platinum.

In theory, you can change 4720 to any field # in the profile blob & the 100 to whatever numeric value you want it set to. You would then need to change the 4's to correspond with however many characters the data takes up (32-bit integers are 4, for example), otherwise the blob will become corrupt (too many/too few characters).

Some might be wondering why there are 2 subqueries. The answer is discussed here, and it's basically a workaround for not being able to query the same table in an update.

I verified it works without any issues on an existing toon.

If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to ask in another thread.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 02-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Kayot
Discordant

I just had the editor dump the profile into an array ^-^, it takes a bit more ram but makes adding edits a joke.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:15 AM
TheLieka
Developer

There is ONE thing that I haven't been able to access with any available tools, and it annoys the piss out of me.

PLAYER CORPSE DATA

If anyone were to figure out this riddle, I would gladly build a goat-shrine in your honor.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLieka View Post
PLAYER CORPSE DATA

If anyone were to figure out this riddle, I would gladly build a goat-shrine in your honor.
I'm always up for a challenge

I know it's 228 bytes long. Unfortunately, that's about all I know There's nothing in the common source files about it.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 02-15-2008, 08:26 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this might point you in the right direction.

Code:
struct DBPlayerCorpse_Struct {
	int32	crc;
	bool	locked;
	int32	itemcount;
	int32	exp;
	float	size;
	int8	level;
	int8	race;
	int8	gender;
	int8	class_;
	int8	deity;
	int8	texture;
	int8	helmtexture;
	int32	copper;
	int32	silver;
	int32	gold;
	int32	plat;
	Color_Struct item_tint[9];
	int8 haircolor;
	int8 beardcolor;
	int8 eyecolor1;
	int8 eyecolor2;
	int8 hairstyle;
	int8 face;
	int8 beard;
	ServerLootItem_Struct	items[0];
};
I found that in zonedump.h of the zone project.

You can also find things like:
ZoneDatabase::UpdatePlayerCorpse and
ZoneDatabase::CreatePlayerCorpse
in PlayerCorpse.cpp in the zone project.